“Good hotel for business travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Pleasanton
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Good hotel for business travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just finished a 3 day stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Pleasanton. The hotel is located close to several major companies (Oracle, Safeway, Kaiser to name a few). I stayed on the second floor on the outside. I didn't have any problems with noise unlike some travelers have reported. We were in room 269 which was far from the elevators.

The facility was clean and pleasant. Breakfast was included as part of the corporate rate. The breakfasts were very good. Fresh fruits, yogurt parfaits, breakfast sandwiches, etc. It was a great way to start off the day.

The fitness facility was a little small for the size of the hotel. There are 3 treadmills and one elliptical machine and a weight bench. The mornings can be busy when business travelers are trying to squeeze in a workout before they start their day.

There was a slight mixup with our hotel room but I think it might have been the fault of the travel agency, not the hotel. The hotel didn't go out of its way initially to fix the problem but we did come to an amicable solution.

I saw some complaints from other reviewers regarding the mattresses. I slept on the hide-a-bed with some extra pillows and didn't have any problems at all. My friend slept in the king bed and didn't have any complaints, though I thought the mattress seemed rather thin. From the GM's previous comments, they are replacing the mattresses this year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Our renovation begins on February 22 and along with replacing the mattresses we will be expanding our workout room. We will be closing our Spa and filling it in to increase the size of our workout space as this is what our guests are requesting.

Look forward to hosting you again when you are in town.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed as part of my trip to San Francisco. The rooms were nicely done, front desk was friendly and the lobby was comfortable. Stayed on 2nd floor room and had almost none of the issues. Remember that its part of the affordable line of Marriott hotels, not a Marriott class hotel.

Room Tip: Take a room with window opening on the parking side in winters. Nice and quiet view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your response and we are glad you enjoyed your room and your stay. Beginning February 2013 we will only be getting better with our new rooms, come back and visit us soon.
San Gabriel Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our first stay at a Marriott hotel. We were excited at first because of the reputable Marriott name. However, our excitements were quickly dashed by the following disappointments: uncomfortable beds, thin walls between rooms (could almost hear conversations), sticky bathtub basin, dirty/sticky counter tops (both in the bathroom and the desk area), loud and disturbing footsteps from the floor above us (into the night and early in the morning), loud and constant opening and closing of doors both from neighbors and across the hall (even early Saturday morning), a dirty sock on the floor left from a previous guest, and poor customer service when we called for front desk assistance (we asked for toothpaste and for someone to come and pick up the dirty sock...no one ever came...seems the front desk person was having trouble getting a hold of someone to help us).

We did enjoy the breakfast, and appreciated the affordable rate and working heater.

Room Tip: As the GM suggested in response to another review, request a top floor room, and preferably one at t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. I would like to apologize as the stay was not up to your expectations, and we clearly missed a few things in your room. We will be renovating our rooms begininning February of 2013 including new mattresses. I hope you can come back and try us again. If you would like please contact me personally.

Thank You!
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Courtyard was like most others, nothing dramatically different (better or worse) in regards to the hotel. The service was extremely friendly, both at the front desk and at the Bistro for breakfast. The rooms were pretty loud, and the beds not terribly comfortable, but for the price paid, it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Pleasanton Courtyard and you kind comments. Please come back and join us after our renovation in early 2013 including new beds.
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Room was clean and quiet. Lisa was very helpful in guiding us toward some dinner choices. No free breakfast but the items available were adequate and the breakfast staff was attentive and the lounge clean. Not sure about the $219 rate mentioned in another. Our rate was $108 on a Saturday night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and Lisa! She is an outstanding associate, and that is why she was promoted! Hope to see you again. We will also be completely revnovating our guest rooms in early 2013.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

HI
I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Pleasanton, and I am writing to thank you for a great service and acknowledge your employees services culture.
I had been working all week, driving many miles, regardless to say that when I show up I was very tired. Although it was late, right upon check in, I was very well received with the front desk person. She made feel welcome right away and proceed to letting me know all the places close in the area where I can grab a late dinner. I had booked a suite and rapidly found my reservation and gave information right away on how to access the internet.

As I make way to my room and found it, I was very pleased with the location (not close to the elevators to avoid noises) and it was then when I realize she selected it on purpose since I said I needed a good night sleep to continue working the next day. These kind of details makes you a loyal customer.
Once in the room I was very happy with the level of cleanliness, everything was very well placed and my linens were very clean.
The morning of check out, I did go back to the front desk again, make sure to thank them and I asked to change the credit card to do the final check out and they did it no problem or delay.

Overall, I did like this property very much and I was very pleased with the level of care and service of your staff. I was able to have a very good night of sleep and continue my work the next day.
Again, Thank you to the staff, they were amazing.

OE

Room Tip: Great location with good restaurants and places to go near.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again. Also in the 1st quarte or 2013 we will be renovating our guest rooms.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Short and Simple: best Courtyard I've ever been to. Nice main room, breakfast room, bar with basic food, great little pool in the middle and a Courtyard price. OK, I tried to write my first ever short review and there's a minimum of 200 characters required. Pick an inside room opening to the pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Be sure to come back as we are renovating our rooms in 2013.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton? Share your experiences!