“Very friendly service, hotel as expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Marietta, Georgia
“Very friendly service, hotel as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Courtyard was like most others, nothing dramatically different (better or worse) in regards to the hotel. The service was extremely friendly, both at the front desk and at the Bistro for breakfast. The rooms were pretty loud, and the beds not terribly comfortable, but for the price paid, it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Pleasanton Courtyard and you kind comments. Please come back and join us after our renovation in early 2013 including new beds.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Room was clean and quiet. Lisa was very helpful in guiding us toward some dinner choices. No free breakfast but the items available were adequate and the breakfast staff was attentive and the lounge clean. Not sure about the $219 rate mentioned in another. Our rate was $108 on a Saturday night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and Lisa! She is an outstanding associate, and that is why she was promoted! Hope to see you again. We will also be completely revnovating our guest rooms in early 2013.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

HI
I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Pleasanton, and I am writing to thank you for a great service and acknowledge your employees services culture.
I had been working all week, driving many miles, regardless to say that when I show up I was very tired. Although it was late, right upon check in, I was very well received with the front desk person. She made feel welcome right away and proceed to letting me know all the places close in the area where I can grab a late dinner. I had booked a suite and rapidly found my reservation and gave information right away on how to access the internet.

As I make way to my room and found it, I was very pleased with the location (not close to the elevators to avoid noises) and it was then when I realize she selected it on purpose since I said I needed a good night sleep to continue working the next day. These kind of details makes you a loyal customer.
Once in the room I was very happy with the level of cleanliness, everything was very well placed and my linens were very clean.
The morning of check out, I did go back to the front desk again, make sure to thank them and I asked to change the credit card to do the final check out and they did it no problem or delay.

Overall, I did like this property very much and I was very pleased with the level of care and service of your staff. I was able to have a very good night of sleep and continue my work the next day.
Again, Thank you to the staff, they were amazing.

OE

Room Tip: Great location with good restaurants and places to go near.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again. Also in the 1st quarte or 2013 we will be renovating our guest rooms.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Short and Simple: best Courtyard I've ever been to. Nice main room, breakfast room, bar with basic food, great little pool in the middle and a Courtyard price. OK, I tried to write my first ever short review and there's a minimum of 200 characters required. Pick an inside room opening to the pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Be sure to come back as we are renovating our rooms in 2013.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed 2 nights while visiting relatives in Pleasanton. It was a nice hotel with outdoor pool, beds were comfortable and room was clean. They have a maze of hallways so if checking in and you don't want to walk a lot seek a room near the front. We used their laundry facility which worked well. The staff and front desk were very helpful. We thought we had breakfast included but not so lucky. There were plenty of restaurants near by and very convenient.

Room Tip: We stay on top floors to help with noise issues
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have some weekend rates that include breakfast, this might be an option for you in the future.
Boulder, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Got a good rate for family funeral
Conveniently located to freeway; easy drive to restaurants/shops in downtown Pleasanton
Nice seating areas by pool and in lobby for visiting with family
Some sort of device running in the room when I opened the door; was told it was to remove odors--didn't want to think about might have happened in the room that required the odor removing device
Was billed twice at Bistro for tip on my breakfast; managed to catch it before I checked out and charge was reversed
I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts, but this one had the worst beds; very uncomfortable, hard mattress, no mattress pad; only a thin waterproof pad directly under the thin sheet that made me sweat all night; woke up aching every morning
Latches on closing doors are ridiculously loud in the hallways

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry the beds and bedding were not up to your standards. We will be renovating our guest rooms to include new beds in January of 2013, come back and see us once we are complete.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had a very unpleasant experience at this hotel today. I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and have enjoyed it. The front desk personnel are GREAT. While the hotel rooms need to be updated - it is safe, convenient and comfortable. At dinner last night with my work colleauges, they shared with me their rate at the neighboring HIlton - $109. When I told them my rate of $219 - they were shocked and suggested I ask for a better corportate rate. I stopped by the GM's office on my way out this morning, introduced myself and explained to him that I stay there frequently and will not be able to moving forward unless I could get a better corporate rate. I told him about the Hilton and said, "I don't even need it that cheap....just better than $219". With zero eye contact, the GM tapped my name into his laptop and proceeded to question my number of stays with the hotel. Was he calling me a liar? Then he suggested that I not travel on Tuesdays as that is the busiest day. Even if he was completely unable to offer me anything, he could have been honest and said so...that would have been fine. But instead he treated me like I was dishonest and led me to believe that my few trips a year were not enough to gain any consideration from him. There was no appreciation whatsoever for my business. As I walked away, I said, obviously my business is not important to you. He replied nothing so there was my answer. He is a sorry excuse for a general manager and disappointed a highly loyal customer. Not that he cares..........

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I have received your comments regarding our conversation yesterday.

I would like to apologize for how the conversation went and how it caused you to feel the way you do.

I, and the Pleasanton Courtyard appreciate the business you bring to us as well as other Marriott's through out your travels. In no way
did I mean to offend you or discount your business contributions to our company. I was trying to gather some general knowledge of your travel and
perhaps other travel you could affect, so that I could make an intelligent and educated offer to you based on that information. In retrospect
I can see how that was perceived differently.

If you would still like to speak about a possible rate agreement I would be happy to do so, if not I respect your decision.

Thank you for your time.

PS, we are scheduled for a room renovation in January 2013.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton? Share your experiences!