“Nice area and good hotel for family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Livermore Outlets Pkg.
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice area and good hotel for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed 2 nights while visiting relatives in Pleasanton. It was a nice hotel with outdoor pool, beds were comfortable and room was clean. They have a maze of hallways so if checking in and you don't want to walk a lot seek a room near the front. We used their laundry facility which worked well. The staff and front desk were very helpful. We thought we had breakfast included but not so lucky. There were plenty of restaurants near by and very convenient.

Room Tip: We stay on top floors to help with noise issues
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have some weekend rates that include breakfast, this might be an option for you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boulder, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Got a good rate for family funeral
Conveniently located to freeway; easy drive to restaurants/shops in downtown Pleasanton
Nice seating areas by pool and in lobby for visiting with family
Some sort of device running in the room when I opened the door; was told it was to remove odors--didn't want to think about might have happened in the room that required the odor removing device
Was billed twice at Bistro for tip on my breakfast; managed to catch it before I checked out and charge was reversed
I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts, but this one had the worst beds; very uncomfortable, hard mattress, no mattress pad; only a thin waterproof pad directly under the thin sheet that made me sweat all night; woke up aching every morning
Latches on closing doors are ridiculously loud in the hallways

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry the beds and bedding were not up to your standards. We will be renovating our guest rooms to include new beds in January of 2013, come back and see us once we are complete.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had a very unpleasant experience at this hotel today. I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and have enjoyed it. The front desk personnel are GREAT. While the hotel rooms need to be updated - it is safe, convenient and comfortable. At dinner last night with my work colleauges, they shared with me their rate at the neighboring HIlton - $109. When I told them my rate of $219 - they were shocked and suggested I ask for a better corportate rate. I stopped by the GM's office on my way out this morning, introduced myself and explained to him that I stay there frequently and will not be able to moving forward unless I could get a better corporate rate. I told him about the Hilton and said, "I don't even need it that cheap....just better than $219". With zero eye contact, the GM tapped my name into his laptop and proceeded to question my number of stays with the hotel. Was he calling me a liar? Then he suggested that I not travel on Tuesdays as that is the busiest day. Even if he was completely unable to offer me anything, he could have been honest and said so...that would have been fine. But instead he treated me like I was dishonest and led me to believe that my few trips a year were not enough to gain any consideration from him. There was no appreciation whatsoever for my business. As I walked away, I said, obviously my business is not important to you. He replied nothing so there was my answer. He is a sorry excuse for a general manager and disappointed a highly loyal customer. Not that he cares..........

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I have received your comments regarding our conversation yesterday.

I would like to apologize for how the conversation went and how it caused you to feel the way you do.

I, and the Pleasanton Courtyard appreciate the business you bring to us as well as other Marriott's through out your travels. In no way
did I mean to offend you or discount your business contributions to our company. I was trying to gather some general knowledge of your travel and
perhaps other travel you could affect, so that I could make an intelligent and educated offer to you based on that information. In retrospect
I can see how that was perceived differently.

If you would still like to speak about a possible rate agreement I would be happy to do so, if not I respect your decision.

Thank you for your time.

PS, we are scheduled for a room renovation in January 2013.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Recently visited this hotel for one night stay on business. The check in process was very smooth, room was ready and was able to quickly get settled.

The rooms are standard marriott with a nice bed, good work station and sofa in the king room I was given. The workout area was nice, clean and easy to use. They have a nice indoor hot tub to relax in after your workout.

Had breakfast at the bistro and it was very tasty and reasonably priced.

I will definately plan to stay here again on my next trip out for business to this area.

The entire staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and our newly renovated Bistro. Please visit us again and we will also be re-doing our rooms in January 2013.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Went for a quiet weekend away from the kids. Great location, dining close and plenty to choose.
Rooms a bit small but clean. Bathrooms are dated but adequate. Very nice staff great outdoor pool area

• Stayed June 2012
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Got a good price using Priceline.com. Close to 580 highway but not too close. Beds were nice and so was the large LCD TV. Room came with a frig and nice bathroom amenities. It was easy to park our car and it was a short walk between our car and the room. Only complaint was the room noise from doors slamming and poor sound insulation between floors, we could hear almost every step from room above us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. Yes, noise from rooms above can sometimes be disturbing. If you choose to visit again please request a top floor room and I sure we can accomodate your request.

Douglas Lowe
General Manager Pleasanton Courtyard by Marriott.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We have stayed here before, always on a week-end, and have found it to be reasonably comfortable, clean, and convenient for our needs. The week-end rates make this hotel a good value. Our room this stay was on the first floor. The heat/air conditioning was absolutely free of noise. We were comfortable and slept well for the two nights we were here.
The bistro in the re-modeled lobby is inviting and not overly expensive. The small market adjacent to the front desk is another matter and no prices are posted on anything. You have to ask. If you plan on having breakfast I would recommend you add the breakfast option to your reservation. It adds $10 per night to the cost of the room and provides breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
We were disappointed this trip to find that the swimming pool was closed for "work being done." There was no mention of this when I made the reservation. The spa was available and we did use that but with a couple of problems: it feels like it is indoors because it is covered but it is open to the inner courtyard. Even though smoking is not permitted in the spa area, there were cigarette smokers in the inner courtyard and their smoke was blowing directly into the spa when we tried to use it. We were on a tight schedule that day or we would have brought it to the attention of the front desk. The other problem was the hand rail for entering and exiting the spa: it was unattached to the deck -- a potential hazard for anyone needing to use it for support.
The staff have always been friendly and helpful. The free internet service is acceptable and they now offer -- for $6.95 per day -- a better internet connection for streaming videos. I used the free connection for my needs and it was fine. I would not hesitate to stay here again -- at week-end rates. My rating is really 3 1/2 -- better than 3 but not quite a 4.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I have checked on the railing for the Spa and had it fixed today, as a bolt had come loose.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton? Share your experiences!