“Ok Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Houston
“Ok Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip. Overall, the hotel was ok. As other people have stated, ask for a room with a courtyard view because it is very tranquil. The rooms are very dated as are the towels but the bed was extremely comfortable. Internet is spotty (I didn't have any issues but other people in my group did), the breakfast buffet is the exact same thing EVERY morning so it gets old. The air conditioner is controlled via Oh, and they don't have an elevator so be aware that you might need to haul your luggage upstairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard
Green Features: They offer a service where you can decline new bedding and towels each day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Situated around two lovely courtyards, the patios open to hear little water features...which creates sweet white noise. The rooms are crisply decorated in whites and beiges and are comfortable enough without being overdone. For a quick business trip, this is a good choice...unless of course you don't have a hotspot on your phone and need the hotel to have working WIFI. This is evidently an ongoing issue that needs to be resolved in order to move up in the rankings.
The restaurant, FAZ has a really good field greens salad and a nice wine selection for the price. Happy Hour is very active from 5 - 7. After being in meeting rooms all day, it's nice to have such an expansive outdoor area to enjoy a refreshing adult beverage.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view.
Palos Verdes Estates, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at this property because my usual go to place (the Hilton nearby) was fully booked. The location was great and the front desk service was, in my opinion, appropriately cordial and efficient.

I ate at the on site restaurant, Faz, which I thought very good (see my review).

The room was clean but dated and rather poorly furnished. It looks like this property had a nice resort like feeling (though it is not a resort) at one time but it is really showing its age and could use some TLC.

That said, given the location and the fact that it is a clean property, I would stay there again if the price was right - down in the low 100 range. As it was since Pleasanton was pretty busy the one time I stayed the price was well over 200 which was way to high for what was offered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the interior gardens - very quiet and esthetically more pleasing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

After traveling for a few days and staying at different properties, we were disappointed at the not so welcoming front desk staff.

We arrived on a Wednesday right during Craft beer and wing day hour. I saw the wings and didn't look very appetizing but a colleague tried the beer and she said it was good, hey its free!

To find my room, I had to exit the lobby, walk outdoor, pass the fountains and carry my luggage one flight up. NO ELEVATORS.

The room and furniture is not modern which is fine but at least the carpet looked in good shape. The bathroom though, was pretty disappointing: slightly cracked tiles, my floor towel had stains, bathtub had stains. They weren't dirty, but rather looked like not removable stains.

They do have free bottles of water and toiletries such as q tips, nail file and mouthwash which is a plus.

The restaurant is actually quite nice and modern. The breakfast buffet had cheese and egg quesadillas which was different.

Overall, not a bad property but they do need to update/clean a little better and train the staff to be a lil more warm and fuzzy!

Portland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

As a Platinum SPG I do not appreciate checking in at 9 pm and being told my room wasn't pre-blocked, and thusly I was given a wretched ADA handicap room right next to the old and noisy ice machine at the end of the hallway. Normally, we stay at the much nicer Sheraton a mile or so away, because this was closer to where we were and because we didn't Mapquest to see how close the two properties are we booked here. Won't happen again. If you like dated furnishings and 60's era motel buildings surrounding a pool, then this might be your place. At least the carpet in the room was fairly new. Wifi was slow and dropped more than once...a killer for business people.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The wifi hasn't worked here for two whole days - I've tried all three of my devices, so it's definitely not just me. Upon calling the front desk yesterday, they sort of brushed me off with an "oh yeah, we've heard that" and today an "it's still not working?" I requested that someone call me to troubleshoot yesterday. Of course, there was no contact from anyone. Today, the front desk clerk tells me that they're not able to reach the vendor (Ibahn) who manages the internet here. I've got work to do, so I've resorted to tethering through my cellphone which will probably cost me a fortune.

Upon check-in, the front desk clerk did not recognize my Starwood status as they always do at other SPG properties; I was not offered a welcome amenity either. When I asked about this, the clerk wasn't aware of what they were and had to grab someone else to fill me in. I have to wonder why someone so uninformed is working behind the elite side of the check-in counter.

I hung the "make a green choice" hanger outside my door...came back this afternoon to find that the maids cleaned my room anyway.

I'm staying so far out of the way from my client's office for the sole purpose SPG brand loyalty, but I'm thinking it wasn't worth it.

Santa Cruz, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed with some friends here for a soccer tournament at the nearby Pleasanton Sports Park. Hotel was sold out for the weekend, but still wasn't loud and didn't feel overly busy. Rooms were nice, beds were very comfortable, and overall the hotel was a very good value for the price we paid.

Didn't try the breakfast, spa, or workout facilities, so can't comment on them. Wish that the restaurant/bar had been open later than 10pm on Friday/Saturday. Pool and hot tub area was very nice, we particularly enjoyed the very large hot tub (although some of the jets weren't doing much).

If I need to stay in the area again, this hotel will definitely be my first choice.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are huge. Pool view rooms have nice views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
Marriott Pleasanton
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
#10 of 14 in Pleasanton
3.5 of 5 stars 209 reviews

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton? Share your experiences!