“What you see is what you get” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reading UK
“What you see is what you get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have just returned from a business trip staying at the four points Sheraton in Pleasanton. The hotel was friendly and accommodating with the rooms being large and reasonably well appointed. The in-house facilities were pretty good with a large bar and restaurant area. Breakfast was included although I have had better. One criticism was that the restaurant service was slow and the food arrived barely warm. All in all a reasonably priced business hotel but not much more.

Room Tip: 1st floor is better as rooms on the ground floor are directly accessed from the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marina del Rey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

At $150 per night this hotel which needs room renovation is OK. At $240 per night, which I saw listed, forget it. Staff is friendly in office, rooms are clean but dated, grounds are very nice. Excellent, safe suburban location for doing work or visiting Pleasanton. Free WiFi was nice for low volume work, not a lot of bandwidth....

Rancho Cordova, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel quite a bit for work and I have never had any issues here. The rooms, staff, pool area and beds are all great. The hotel has a brook that goes around the middle area of the grounds that adds a little extra to the overall experience of the stay. The only down side to staying here is that the gym area is very small. If you are in the Dublin/Pleasanton area I would highly recommend staying here

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am unfortunately going thru a tough time in my life fighting the big C with chemo treatments. I am staying in hotels in between treatments since im from another state where all my family/support lives and driving back and fourth between my chemo treatment location and my home in northern calif is exhausting. I came upon 4 points by Sheratan where i initially made a reservation for 1 night and i called after making my reservation to confirm2 requests upon my arrival: a quiet room (1) and a robe in my room (2). I was assured that would be no problem. When i arrived for my stay i was initially put into a room that clearly wasnt quiet. The young lady at the front desk, NOT Asheen, couldnt have been more concerned and helpful. In fact because of this front desk associate's actions and professionalism i added another night to my stay. After changing rooms to a much quieter location i fell fast asleep. After i awoke from my nap i began looking for the robe i had requested. The robe is extremely helpful since im on a great deal of different medications and they cause extreme temperature changes in my body. Therefore i take 5-6 showers, sometimes more, per day.Theyre quick showers and the robe is just an added convenience.

Before i called the front desk i looked for a housekeeper. I found one who told me that a robe was suppose 2 b in my room. I called the front desk and the person on the other end, who i now know 2 b Ashreen, was rude, inconsiderare, inconsistant and didnt appear to have any concern for doing the right thing. At one point she raised her voice to say 'i dont even understand what u r asking 4'. To which i replied 'i requested a robe and because i switched rooms this room didnt include a robe. Her response, compound, was first, we dont have any more robes or extra robes for our customers. Second Ashreen said 'and you are not 'entitled' to a robe because of the room type you are staying in.
Now, if you read the hotel guest information guide, which is printed and in every room, that guests simply cobact the front desk 2 make a request for things like a robe.
In closing id like sheraton hotels to remove these written guest guides if they are meaningless And train those employees like Ashreen to be a bit more compasdionate. She is obviosly missing a sensativity chip and im sure from her demeanor im not the 1st person who has witnessed her wrath. I would have stayed at your hotel during my entire chemo therapy but because she is the person who appears to have sone authority while the general manager is out of the office, i will not return. And i will be filing a formal complaint with Sheraton at the highest level i can. Ashreen could have made so many better choices and i would be resting comfotably instead im uncomfortable, i dont want to be at this hotel and i realize nothing will be done about this employee left to the hopyard lication only. Thank you 4 your time and forgive all my mispelled words.

Sick in Pleasanton, CA

Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a 70's / 80's Sheraton, multiple buildings surrounding a beautiful courtyard. I understand this hotel is up for rennovation and desperately needs it. The gym is spartan and in a converted room. It doesn't open until 6am, because it's sandwiched between guest rooms. The rooms themselves are clean but not overly funcitonal. My building in particular smelled strongly of cleaning solution. Maybe they had just done deep cleaning, but the odor for the 2 days I was there was a little over powering.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kewells, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! I've made sure that our Housekeeping Department is aware of the odor that you picked up - we are always careful to make sure that we control that as much as possible and I apologize for the inconvenience. Additionally, we are looking forward to a complete renovation of the hotel soon, and I'm sure all of your other concerns will be addressed when that is completed.

Karl Wells
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is not a suitable hotel for business travelers requiring WiFi. For both myself and a colleague who has stayed here another time, the connection was extremely spotty to the point of being unusable. I found myself driving back to my office at night just to take care of a couple of tasks that required internet connectivity. Otherwise no complaints.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay - we apprecaite your feedback. As you've hopefully noticed in my previous responses, we are in the process of completely upgrading wireless access throughout the hotel. Two of the buildings have all new access points, and we should complete the project within the next dfew months. We appreciate your patience, and hope that you'll give us another try again soon!

Karl Wells
Santa Cruz, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was working in Pleasanton for months, spending 3-4 nights a week at the Four Points. I stayed at a couple of other hotels in the city, but found this to be the best in terms of value. It's not a high end hotel by any means, but the rooms were nice and clean, though I wouldn't call them modern. The pool area was nicely accessible (I hot tubbed a LOT). I only ate at the restaurant a couple of times; it was ok, nothing memorable. It's walkable to the BART station, which I used often for trips into San Francisco.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
#2 of 14 in Pleasanton
4.5 of 5 stars 149 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club
Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton? Share your experiences!