“Great place to stay on business trip” 4 of 5 stars

You added Larkspur Landing Pleasanton to your Saves list
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5535 Johnson Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
“Great place to stay on business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. It was my first stay at a Larkspur landing and I would surely choose them again. The lack of a Restaurant and Pool did not influence my stay at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to accommodating you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotels identity seems conflicted. It's not sure if it wants to be an upgraded hotel or a hostel.

Updated exterior and lobby, the lobby is very cozy. Rooms are partially updated.

Each room has a kitchen with outdated cabinets and stove.

Been here twice now. It's a good value that comes with problems.

Know the Internet price as they may try to gouge you if you are a walk in as we were. I was told several different rates but fortunately i had evidence of the online offer and was given that price. Although i told them two nights they checked me in for only one that I didn't know at that time. Although it was clear we didn't clear out they rented the room and we ran into the renters as we came to our room.

On our second visit they lost my reservation and had to get a one bedroom. 30 minutes after settling into the room, a family tried to enter. They rented the room to someone else. Had to get new keys.

Expect lots of long lasting cooking aromas. Our room smelled of curry and other strong spices.

The fitness center is clean and offers Life Fitness elliptical, treadmill and universal gym.

They offer free breakfast with an array of fruits breads and cereal.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays with us here at Larkspur Landing. We appreciate your business, and are glad to hear that the majority of your experiences with us were positive. We do apologize if there was any confusion regarding our online vs. walk in rates. We suggest that our guests make their reservations in advance in order to receive the best possible discount online or by calling the hotel directly. I also sincerely apologize for our mistake in not offering you the original room type that you booked with us. This is not acceptable and I hope that we are still able to accommodate you in the future with a seamless and comfortable stay. Thank you again for your review, the feedback is much appreciated.
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Comfortable accommodations at Larkspur Landing - Pleasanton. The property is quiet, clean and well-maintained and the service is very good. Room was modest in size but had all the amenities needed, including free wifi, iPod dock, and DVD player (with selection of movies available at the front desk). Free basic breakfast and easy access to the freeway. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed the accomodations, and took advantage of our various amenities. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Larkspur Landing Pleasanton very soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I knew we would stay in the area but did not have reservations anywhere. First checked at a hotel across the street. $200 and no breakfast. I'm traveling with teenagers, so free food is a plus! I called here, was able to get a MUCH better rate, plus a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning. Very spacious - a separate room for me! A DVD library for the kids, free wi-fi, cookies in the evening. Very nice, clean, friendly staff, everything I would want. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! It is wonderful to hear you took full advantage of our great amenities, from breakfast to our complimentary DVD library! Traveling with teenagers can be demanding, and we are here to make it as seemless and comfortable as possible. We look forward to accomodating you and your family again soon!
Corning, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days over Christmas. There were 2 rooms. The bedroom had a bed and television, while the main room contained living area, kitchen bar and kitchen complete with dishwasher and full size fridge. We chose Larkspur so that we would have an "apartment" for visiting friends over the holidays. The place is big enough to have guests visit, and the furniture is nice, the rooms are clean. The bed was comfortable. There was no outside noise to keep me awake. The price was VERY reasonable. We actually paid less than where we usually stay, and this place was as nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic comments on Trip Advisor! We certainly appreciate the feedback and the kind words about our hotel. We absolutely strive to offer the best customer service, clean rooms, and relaxing atmosphere for our guests and I am so happy to hear you had that experience. We look forward to accommodating you again, on your next visit to Pleasanton.
Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We needed to stay locally overnight and chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. The staff was very nice. The outside of the hotel and the lobby were very inviting, but I felt this did not not carry over to the rooms. We had an executive suite, which had a full kitchen (probably very convenient for an extended stay). The room simply seemed a little dingy and when we went to make up the sofa bed for the children, we were directed to sheets in the closet that were simply wadded into a ball. Hard to tell if clean or not, but the staff provided new ones cheerfully. Was simply not a favorite of mine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Laurel I, Director of Sales at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback, we truly appreciate your taking the time. I am so sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your standards in accommodations, as we strive to ensure each guest is fully satisfied and taken care of. As you mentioned, we do truly have a fantastic and friendly staff and am sorry to hear the rooms at the property did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of researching what happened in regards to your sofa sheets, as this is by no means a standard. Each room should have a clean and folded sofa-pack in the closet and we will use your feedback to ensure this does not happen to another guest. If we can do anything to make up for your experience, I encourage you to reach me directly at anytime: lingle@larkspurhotels.com
Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have been visiting Pleasanton every weekend to see family and friends, and I was lucky to have chosen this establishment! I am consistently amazed at the level of service and the ameneties for a hotel that is generally under $100 per night. It really does look and feel more like a $150-175 per night establishment.

The staff are friendly and have gotten to know me a little since I've been coming so often to visit Pleasanton. In addition to the fully-stocked and pretty darned good free breakfast, they also have a DVD library you can rent for the stay and a very good fitness center. I have yet to try out the heated pool, but it seems very nice.

In addition, the staff are very accommodating, they have put in rooms with a view when I requested it and allowed early check-in without an issue.

I cannot recommend this location enough. Honestly, don't bother spending extra money at the "name brand" hotels in the area, this is the place you want to stay! I doubt you'll get a full-sized fridge, freezer, stove and sink to go with a wonderful room even at the Hyatt!

Give it a try, you will be as impressed as I am! This is my permanent spot in Pleasanton for sure.

Friendly staff, low cost and very nice rooms. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I would just ask for rooms on higher floors, many of the rooms have very nice views of the surroundi...