“The Best Ever...French Dip Sandwich..” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Californian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West. Las Positas
Fremont, California
“The Best Ever...French Dip Sandwich..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

6/19/2012
I don't give 5 stars easily,ever. I am today...

My wife and I had a wonderful lunch at Girasole today.

We were waited upon by Kinsey who was specmarvelous. OoooRah!

The food was just great.
I ordered the most tender French Dip Sandwich that I have ever eaten in a restaurant on a great roll and not-too-salty au jus. I had the french fries which were done perfectly.
My wife ordered the Scoozie with chicken and not only was it good, but it was an ample amount. A very nice green salad came along with her scoozie consisting of baby greens with a blue cheese dressing topped with candied walnuts. Yum!
We loved their fresh baked bread too.

We have eaten here before and know that there have been new additions to the menu and we were in Pleasanton today, so we tried it out again. Last time we ate here, I had the Prime Ribfor dinner which was fantastic. * You can also see that review here.

I know that there are those who bad-mouth restaurants for a myriad of personal reasons, but this place always pleases me. I also know how to cook and have a very good palate. I also know that many people come to restaurants with a bad attitude which they transfer on to their server and then have a bad experience. I've been here three times in the past year, had different servers and have met the Boss, Skipper, and have not had a bad meal or bad service or bad experience.
I find that if you're nice to Servers and Hostesses and the Chef, if he comes out and greets, you will get more and have more fun and a better experience.

It also helpds to actually know what food is supposed to taste like VS being a lousy judge of good food and people.

We'll be back ! Thanks again for a fine meal and a great server with a great attitude.

PS: Although we didn't have room for dessert this time...it's monstrously good...

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

California
“Listen to the not-so-good reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Terrible attitude of the staff, misleading information on the website, so many restrictions on the promos they offer (see other reviewer who said they don't like to honor offers), majorly outdated decor, "ok" food...we questioned the server and the manager on their policies and had our check THROWN at us at the end of our dinner!!

The owner doesn't like to be wrong - that's obvious - nor does he value customer service. I'll tell you what - in this economy, he can't afford to lose business and he's doing a pretty good job.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pleasanton, California
“Nice Italian/continental restaurant away from Main Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We've eaten here occasionally for years, and find it better than years ago. Service was fine; our meals were tasty. Parking is easy since it is in a shopping center away from the busier and more popular downtown Pleasanton area.

Danville, California
“All you need to know is Scoozi Bread!! The rest of the menu rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Check out the specials for the evening, but do not start with an order of scoozi bread.

Dublin, California
“Nice Christmas Eve dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had a very nice dinner here Christmas Eve, with family and firiends Though not a super fancy place, we had a nice table, with a good variety of choices on the menu. We enjoyed good service until it got a bit busier, then it was hard to get the attention of our waiter. All of the choices we had picked were cooked well and served primptly. My prime rib was cooked as I had requested and was very good. The menu was varied, and we all had very good dinners. Note to others, if you briing your own wine, bring one from the Livermore Valley and you will not get charged corkage. We brought one from Napa..oh well! Overall, we had a nice time, with good food and would reccomend Girasole to others.

Visited December 2011