“Enjoyable to sit outside for a nice Mexican lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Agave Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 198 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Division Street
Description: Blue Agave Club serves freshly prepared, unique and authentic Mexican food and beverages in Pleasanton, CA. Stop by our unsurpassed patio and see what makes us one of the top dining destinations in the city! Redefining expectations with our exquisite and unique menu, we serve high-quality Mexican fare. Derived from old Garcia family recipes, we focus on combining exciting presentation with authentic and rich flavors. We have received numerous awards including being voted "Best Mexican Food" and "Best Margarita" by Pleasanton Weekly readers. Come see what the hype is all about and try one of our top quality margaritas and superb dishes like our popular Encojado or Mole Poblano. Our 145-year-old house-turned-restaurant is an ideal setting for first dates, wedding receptions, birthday parties, and more. We pride ourselves on our excellent food, above and beyond service, and being members of the Pleasanton community. Our owner and head chef Alexandro keeps a hands-on approach with all of our dishes, constantly experimenting and refining new and old dishes alike. Stop by for today for a taste of true agave flavor and authentic Mexican fare!
Fremont, California
2,455 reviews 2,455 reviews
1,410 helpful votes 1,410 helpful votes
“Enjoyable to sit outside for a nice Mexican lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Blue Agave is a pleasant Mexican restaurant in downtown Pleasanton area. There is seating both inside and outside under the trees. On a pleasant warm day, it is delightful to sit outside. Food is good; service is ok.

For lunch, we just walked in; but for dinner recommend making reservations; they are currently listed on Open Table.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Susan G, Business Owner at Blue Agave Club, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share, Mini! This information will be very helpful to those who are interested in dining with us. I'm glad to hear you have good things to say about our restaurant, and I hope you won't hesitate to get in touch if you ever have any questions or concerns you'd like to share. I hope we'll have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Walnut Creek, California, USA
“Dining Under the Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Unique Mexican menu choices that make you want to order one of everything. Sauces that wake your taste buds with new flavors. Their Chili Rellenos are the best I have ever tasted, and their combination Plate lets you try a bit of the best. Their enchiladas have a mole sauce that you will never forget. While their steaks are great, I highly recommend sticking to the Mexocon specialties. Their tortillas are handmade and the chili con quest to die for! There are so many margaritas choices you just can!'t try all on the list. Be sure to eat outside and enjoy the music and the ambiance.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Susan G, Business Owner at Blue Agave Club, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for this excellent review, Mary Lou! I really appreciate your taking the time to share such wonderful compliments with us here on Trip Advisor. It sounds like you really know your way around our menu, and it's great to know you'd enthusiastically recommend so many of our dishes. You're welcome here anytime! I hope we'll have the pleasure of seeing you here again soon.

Pleasanton
“Nice food, good Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It was good food combined with nice ambiance. The live music was not loud, pretty nice. The weather was great, so that helped for dinner outside.

Visited July 2014
Susan G, Business Owner at Blue Agave Club, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, Sourabh! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your meal went. I appreciate your reaching out, and I hope we'll have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Pacific Grove, California
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fantastic food and outdoor seating. Best outdoor dining in Pleasanton. We used to go here in the 80s when it was Hacienda del Sol. Has been Blue Agave since 1997 and still a favorite. Try it on a nice summer night and eat outdoors.

Visited June 2014
Susan G, Business Owner at Blue Agave Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thanks for your compliments, Bob! I'm very happy to hear we've won your vote for the best outdoor dining in town! It's so great to hear from a long-time customer, and I know I can speak on behalf of the entire staff when I say that we hugely appreciate your patronage over the years. You're welcome here anytime, so come by and see us again soon.

Walnut Creek, California
“Indifferent service and over-priced food in great atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The setting certainly is lovely in the patio fronting the building. The tortilla chips and various salsa dips were great. And that is about it. I ordered the mole chicken for lunch at $17.95 and an ice tea. The portion was small for the price at lunch and I felt the sauce lacked zest compared to other upscale Mexican restaurants such as Guaymas. The quantity of refried black beans and rice was miniscule. The iced tea was diluted and awful. The service was indifferent and not at all friendly. I will not be back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I'm terribly disappointed to hear you wouldn't return, Scott. While it's great to hear you really enjoyed the atmosphere we provide, I understand why indifferent service and a lackluster meal wouldn't leave you in a hurry to come back. We pride ourselves on first-class service and excellent food quality, and I regret that this wasn't reflected in your experience with us. It sounds as though we were off our game on the day you had lunch with us, because we normally receive plenty of compliments about our service and mole chicken in particular. I apologize that you didn't see us at our best, but I hope we might have another opportunity in the future to show you better.