“Clean and pleasant in Pleasanton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Pleasanton

You added HYATT house Pleasanton to your Saves list
HYATT house Pleasanton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4545 Chabot Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Pleasanton)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Seattle
“Clean and pleasant in Pleasanton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt House Pleasanton with my daughter's soccer team for a tournament. Despite the presence of several high-school age teams, the property was comfortable and relatively quiet. The one-bedroom room was more spacious than most, and very clean - the room's dark carpeting showed no dust, even at the edges. The shower was all tile, and the grout was completely clean; the glass shower doors were pristine. The kitchen had a full-size oven and refrigerator/freezer, also very clean. I found the skylight over the bed to be odd -- if you would object to be awoken by overhead sun, be sure to ask for a room not on the top floor. My fellow soccer-mom roommate slept on the sleeper sofa and said it was surprisingly comfy and easy to open and close. We were pleased with the breakfast options and morning newspapers. Outdoor seating was pleasant (outdoor sofas, a fire pit, and a variety of umbrella tables with chairs). The petite woman cleaning the lobby and front stairs every morning worked very industriously, but courteously stepped aside for guests coming through. A woman at the front desk graciously stopped what she was doing to come to the business center computer and help me find the hidden USB port. Staff was impressive with one exception: a desk clerk who loudly complained about his wages and supervisor with another employee apparently on break, while I was at the computer in the lobby. (Yes, one of them could see me.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at HYATT house Pleasanton, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that your sofabed in your room was comfortable - we recently replaced all of them when we renovated our rooms in 2012. I'm also very happy to hear that you received great service from our Staff! We pride ourselves in providing authentic hospitality to all of our Guests!

I am sorry to hear that the skylight caused any inconvenience to you - we actually only have four rooms on property that have these out of 128 total rooms.

I am also very sorry to hear of your experience of overhearing one of our House Hosts being unprofessional at our front desk. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so that it can be addressed.

Again, I am so happy to hear of your pleasant experience at our hotel! Please feel free to reach out to me directly in the future if you should need anything. I can be reached at (925) 730-0070 ext. 505.

Warm regards,
Marlene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. We traveled with our dog for a family wedding and could not stay with the rest of the wedding party because that hotel did not accept pets. We chose the Hyatt House because it was nearby and accepts pets, but it turned out to be a great place to stay. The room was comfortable with a small living area, good kitchen and nice bedroom. The grounds were pleasant with a pool and different seating areas, barbeque and sports court. The breakfast (included) was one of the better breakfasts that I have had at a hotel that offers free breakfast. Laundry facilities were onsite and other amenities were nearby (post office, some restaurants and a few shops) despite the feel that you are in an out-of-the-way location. The only complaint I have about this hotel is that the sleep sofa was not comfortable, so if you are traveling with your family, try to get a room with two doubles (we couldn't get one) or get the two bedroom suite.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us! I am so glad to hear you were able to bring your dog along wtih you too! I'm sorry to hear that your sofabed was not comfortable as all of our sofabeds were replaced during our renovation in 2012 and we typically receive great feedback on them! I will be sure to have our Maintenance team check it out and see what we can do to make it more comfortable for our next Guest.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything in the future! I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Warm regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place was one of the three places I stayed at in the same area for a business trip. Had to switch hotels because none of the three places had rooms available throughout my stay.

And this place turned out to be the best because it's clean and fully functional - there's everything you would need including a well stocked kitchen unit, dresser area and a common laundry unit for guests. They serve basic meals like soups and sandwiches but the food was good and available till 10 pm. The poolside seating area was really nice for spending pleasant evenings. Staff was always helpful.

Stayed July 2014
Marlene F, General Manager at HYATT house Pleasanton, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you were able to stay with us while you were in town. I'm happy to hear you were able to try out our new HBar and enjoyed it! We just added cocktails to our menu of wine and beer so you will have to come back again soon and try one our signature drink specials!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you should need anything in the future. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext. 505.

Corcoran, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were back again. You just cannot beat the value here. You get a suite with a full kitchen, and living room with sofa bed, Free Wifi. A tv in each bedroom and living room. We've stayed in one bedrooms with a king or two double, and in the two bedroom suites either two kings or a king with two doubled. We have enjoyed every single visit. The pool area is always clean. The exercise room is well-equipped. The breakfast offers a lot of choices. The staff is friendly and welcoming. They have a weekend no loud noises after 10 pm policy which I love because I want a good nite's rest. Family reunion coming up and we will be staying here again. If you're a shopper, Stoneridge Mall a few miles away is a great mall that still looks like a thriving mall. Time is right for summer clearance sales!!! If you like outlets, the Livermore Outlets are a few exits off the freeway away.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered building if you want to be in the "inside" area surrounding the po...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and our staff! I'm so happy that you enjoy your stays with us and that you will be back again soon. I'm also very happy to hear that our quiet hours helped to provide you with a restful stay. We take this policy very seriously as we truly want to make this your home away from home.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a very comfortable and pleasant stay here for 2 nights and 3 days. Very impressed with the size and layout of the suite. Two Bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area and small kitchen. The patio area around the pool was very comfortable and inviting. The. Breakfasts included a nice assortment of food including a made to order omelet. We would be pleased to stay here again when in the area

Room Tip: We chose the first floor as there are not any elevators
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and had a chance to try our cooked to order omelet station! I'm glad to hear you will choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Pleasanton area.

Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Before I moved permanently to Pleasanton for business reason, I stayed here for a quite a bit from Dec2008 up to Dec 2011. They offer free buffet breakfast daily except sunday and evening snacks and drinks from Mon to Thurs.

I love the summer evening snacks every other Wednesdays.

They have a small gym, nice pool, spa, business center (room) and commercial washer.

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel that i called "home" for quite a bit period of time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! I hope you will have a chance to visit us again soon as a lot has changed since you stayed with us! We have now opened our new HBar and offer a full bar along with menu featuring flatbreads and some great grilled cheeses! We also now have a cooked to order omelet station included in our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Our rooms have all been updated as well as our public space and we have added some comfortable gathering spaces such as our "Living Room" in our lounge and our out door firepit with soft seating!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you should need anything and we hope to see you around the house again soon!

Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Located close to Stoneridge Mall and the Livermore Premium Outlets. Easy access to the freeway as well. Stayed in a King Bed Suite on the ground floor. It was very spacious and had comfortable furnishings. Kitchen area was very nice with a fridge, dishwasher, and full stove. We stayed on the ground floor by the fire pit and one evening had some very rambunctious young adults outside for quite a while. Thankfully they quieted down around 10 pm. (Not sure if that was management's doing or not). So if you are looking for total peace and quiet you may want to let the front desk know just in case. The front desk staff was friendly and there is a pretty decent spread for breakfast. They even have someone making cooked-to-order omelette in the morning! Overall a very good stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marlene F, General Manager at HYATT house Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time as our Guest and I hope you will be back again soon.

Thank you for your comments on the noise at the firepit and yes - we do have quiet hours after 10pm - so it was because of our great Security staff that you noticed that things quieted down around then - I'm happy to hear that!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward seeing you back around the house soon!

Marlene

Been to HYATT house Pleasanton? Share your experiences!