“Good spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Pleasanton

You added HYATT house Pleasanton to your Saves list
HYATT house Pleasanton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4545 Chabot Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Pleasanton)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Mendocino
“Good spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Unit was a good size with separate bedroom and full kitchen. Pool was just the right temperature, bed was comfortable, bathroom and kitchen nice. Only there for 1 night but would be a great spot for a longer stay. Breakfast was ok. Quiet area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlene F, General Manager at HYATT house Pleasanton, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will be able to return in the new year as we will be renovating our breakfast area and adding an omelet station to our complimentary breakfast buffet for all of our Guests. We will also be adding Hyatt's signature HBar and will offer small plates and drinks 7 days a week. Thank you again for your review and please let me know if you should need anything in the future. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext. 505.

Marlene Fahrenkrog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had a recent weekend stay for a kids sporting event. At the last minute the staff went above and beyond to be accomodating for our group and wanted to send a note to thank them for it.

For my room specifically, we had one facing outside the courtyard and it was very quiet. Someone commenented that it must be empty because there was so little noise but I pointed out the parking lot is packed and at checkin I overheard on the phone they said they were sold out for the night! Pool a bit small but well heated and very well kept along with the rest of the common area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will be back again during future events in our area. We will be renovating our public space and outdoor area and will be adding things like a gazebo with soft seating and a separate fire pit area with additional seating as well. We are also adding Hyatt's signature HBar and will offer small plates and drinks 7 days a week. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you back as our Guest soon! If you should need anything please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I am a big Hyatt fan. Check my profile. I stay at a lot of Hyatt properties as a family and as a business person. This Hyatt House left me with mixed feelings. We had a very quiet room in the back half of the property. We never heard another patron. We never heard a vehicle on the street. Our room had been modernized. The new Phillips HD TVs made watching the Olympics a bonus. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen had enough hardware to eat in your room, but not prepare a meal in your room. However, the ice maker didn't work in the refrigerator (three batches of ice in three days). The shower hardware was malfunctioning. The shower doors were unbalanced and rolled open leaving you standing in puddles and mopping up. The balcony had full ash trays for all three days with no one smoking around us (aka they had been there a long while). The front door was bowed in and the weather striping removed so you could see under the door. The weekend breakfasts were of low quality, cafeteria food. I picked oatmeal packets and tea to avoid the powered eggs and nitrate riddled sausage patties. At this time, I could go 50/50 for staying here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest the back right side for maximum quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at HYATT house Pleasanton, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites as well as the tranquility of our property and I do apologize that your total experience was not enjoyable. Our goal is to always exceed our Guests expectations and unfortnately, in your case, we did not. I have spoken with our Maintenance Department regarding the ice maker, shower hardware, and weather stripping in your suite and all issues have been resolved. We have Maintenance on property every day so in the future - if you do decide to try us again - please let us know immediately if there is anything wrong in your suite. We do our best to be proactive and catch these types of things with our preventative maintenance program, however, sometimes things get missed and I apologize again for that. Our new shower doors are a bit tricky and do leak if they are not closed correctly. We have checked the doors in the suite you were in and they are working fine and it must have been that they just weren't closed correctly. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet. We usually receive very good feedback on this as we offer something for everyone. We will be adding a made to order omelet station in the new year so I hope that you will come back to try it out. As far as the ashtrays outside of your suite - I do apologize for this. We are a completely nonsmoking facility so our Guests are not allowed to smoke in the suites, however, they can outside of the rooms and that is why we provide ashtrays on the landings for Guests to use. We typically empty them daily and I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping staff so as to assure this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback as it is the only way we can improve upon our service. Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything or if you should have any additional comments or questions.

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

A very pleasant stay in their renovated/upgraded facilities again. Breakfast was very good on most days, front desk personnel nice and eager to help but house keeping needed improvement. Had 2 days with no service at all out of the 4 days of our stay. We do like this hotel and facilities, but may look at others in the future due to house keeping deficiencies during our past stays. Miscommunications and lack of supervision may be the problem, things which can be easily and quickly corrected by the staff.

Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We booked a two room suite and were pleased by the rooms, which had their own bathrooms and king sized beds. I forgot to ask for a main floor room, but one was found for us. The check in was easy and as pleasant as the stay. The breakfast was good. The pool was delightful; just the right temperature. The kitchen was stocked with necessary utensils and other items. If I needed this kind of room I would stay there again. It isn't a five star hotel, but nice for what we needed. Be aware there are three stories, no elevators, outside entrances, so if you can't do stairs, reserve your room accordingly.

Room Tip: Be aware there are three stories, no elevators, outside entrances, so if you can't do stairs, re...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marlene F, General Manager at HYATT house Pleasanton, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed our two bedroom/two bath suite and all of the amenities included in the room. I am also glad that we were able to accomodate you in a first floor room. We are a three star hotel mostly due to our limited services, however, we do try to accomodate our Guests needs as much as possible so that our Guests feel like they are staying at a five star property. In fact, we will be adding a bar to our lobbly in December when we undergo our lobby renovation. This will help to provide more services to our Guests to get us closer to that five star rating. I hope that you will be able to come back to enjoy our newly renovated lobby in the new year when it is complete.

Thank you again for your review and please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in anyway. I can be reached at (925)730-0070 ext 505.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My Wife and I stayed here and what a great hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay, The breakfest was very nice and offered a wide seletion for all. The room was very comfotable and very clean, one of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel. The grounds of the hotel make for a nice walk in the evening. Thank you for a really wonderful stay. We will be back. One of the things that should always stay constant is a clean room and this hotel hits that mark.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I have shared this with our staff and appreciate you reviewing us! I am so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites as well as the new Hyatt Grand bed in your suite. We are receiving great feedback on the beds from many of our Guests. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the property and our courtyard/pool and walking paths as well!

We hope to see you back here as our Guest again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 ext 505 if you should need anything.

Ouarzazate, Morocco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was in an OK location, and the rooms were nice, but we kept having to tell the housekeepers that there were three of us and we needed 3 washcloths, 3 sets of towels, etc. We were there for several days and it was a bit redundant Even so, half the time we still didn't get what we needed. Free breakfast wasn't too bad. The usual for a free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you had with our Housekeeping staff not supplying enough towels for you. I have addressed this at one of our daily meetings in hopes to improve on this in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention as it's the only way we can get better. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms and wanted to let you know that we will be renovating our lobby/breakfast area in December as well and will be adding an omelet station to our complimentary buffet in hopes to improve upon what we offer. I hope that you will be able to visit us again and enjoy this new addition to our breakfast.

Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly at (925)730-0070 if you should need anything.

Marlene

Been to HYATT house Pleasanton? Share your experiences!