“I am surprised” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

You added Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5990 Stoneridge Mall Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Wyndham Garden)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Lagos, Nigeria
“I am surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Hotel was too basic to be a 5 star. Room was clean and alright. Size for an upgrade room was small though especially of you are paying almost $200 per night. I stayed for 6 days and breakfast was the same thing everyday. Options were also limited for breakfast. It was just bacon, sausages, potatoes and scrambled eggs. Take it or leave it.

There was no one also to bring you things in the room. If you need anything from the guest services, be prepared to go get it your self. Is this an American thing. It definitely isn't the same where I come from

Lest I forget, the hotel is very old but well maintained. The elevator in the hotel is the oldest I have ever seen in all my travels.

Room Tip: I got an upgrade and I still question it. I can only imagine what it would be lie if I was in a cla...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for taking time to post your review - your comments are of a lot of value to us. While we work diligently to deliver the best in services to our guests, it seems we fell short in our breakfast and presentation of our elevator. Rest assured I am working with our Chef to enhance our food variety and I am very happy to report we have renovated our elevatiors.

Please accept my apologies. Sincerely,

Mario S. Lopez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for business. I had very mixed reviews. On one hand the rooms were nice. Not over the top but clean and comfortable. The proximity to the mall was fantastic so a huge plus there. The rooms service was not accurate either time I ordered and by the time they brought missing items it was cold. There was nothing major wrong with my stay but the bathroom door came off the hinges and between that and the room service I politely communicated to the front desk clerk at check out and the reply was "what a shame" it took me back a bit and honestly tainted my view of the entire stay. So if clean and safe is your goal this hotel is a good choice. If over and beyond is your expectation ....keep looking

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for posting your review and sincerely apologize for the inaccuracy in room service orders and the manner in which my front desk agent replied when you reported the problem with your bathroom door. I assure you such response is not representative of the caring attitude we all have here at our hotel. Rest assured I took corrective and preventative measures.

On the other hand, I am pleased to see we delivered to you a clean and comfortable guestroom and that our location met your needs.

Genuinely,

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were in town for a wedding. The Sheraton was one of the hotels with attractive rates. Because of its proximity to the BART station (a very short walk) most of the guests & bridal party converged on it. The staff seemed a bit stressed by the onslaught. And our group was one of 3 weddings at the hotel that weekend! We had an issue with the (pocket) bathroom door of our room. They couldn't fix it while we were in it. They didn't offer to move us or inquire about the inconvenience. We wouldn't have moved, but it would have been nice to be asked. The breakfast in the club lounge was well presented and included hard boiled eggs, which are an always appreciated protein in the usual carb-heavy continental breakfast scene. The breakfast hours were unusually short (ending at 9:30 even on a weekend!) but soft drinks and water plus fruit and trail mix were available 24 hours! IF your keycard worked, which we had a lot of trouble with. Some of that was our fault (lost cards) some on the part of the staff (re-keying without club access)
The pool area was clean, though sparsely furnished. With so many guests, extra sitting would have been useful. The buffet breakfast was lovely, plentiful and the kitchen staff very kindly gave us paper napkins for the cupcakes we brought to celebrate birthdays that happened to fall on the weekend. I would certainly give the hotel a better than average, but there is no good designation and it doesn't quite fall into the very good slot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I sincerely appreciate the kind words about our staff and products you enjoyed and genuinely apologize for the areas where we fell short in meeting your expectations. Rest assured we are taking corrective and preventative measures.

Mario Salvatore Lopez
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel knows how to treat its guests. And that's what it's all about, yes? Corey, the Front Desk Manager, made sure that all would go well, and it certainly did. Nice people, nice property. You won't go wrong in staying at this wonderful hotel. Thanks Corey, and thanks Sheraton!! I appreciate you.

Room Tip: Check with the manager, Corey, regarding any special needs. He's fabulous.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to learn you had a great stay with us and sincerely thank you for the kind words about our associates. I am proud of the team I represent as I know they each work diligently to deliver wonderful stays - like the one you described.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Blind Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Attended this Hotel for a wedding and spent four nights there. Hotel staff was excellent being friendly as soon as I came in the door. The rooms are a little dated but were clean and very comfortable. At the restaurant Ricardo looked after us along with the other staff making our breakfeasts very enjoyable with good service and a warm welcoming. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about friendly staff. We appreciate hearing from our guests. In this case, when an employee is being mentioned, we recognized RIcardo in front of his colleagues. We thank you for your busness and feedback. SIncerely, Mario S. Lopez - General Manager.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Nothing really unexpected about this hotel. It's a pretty standard road warrior haven stuck out on the border between suburban bay area communities and "they took er jobs!" land. The hotel is situated on the outside of a ring-road around a mall. On the other side of the hotel is an interstate (680 or 580...so many 80's here.) My room faced the highway and the noise from the road was clearly audible in my 6th floor room. It wasn't anything a pair of ear plugs (you should always bring some on the road) couldn't fix.

Check-in was as expected. The staff was courteous, they recognized my status with SPG and kindly put me in a club room on the 6th floor. The hotel is an older property that's had some renovations. When it comes to other Sheratons I've stayed in, this one was pretty updated. The rooms are spacious with adequate bathrooms and comfortable beds.

If you're tall, like me, you'll find the shower head points at your chest and you have to duck to get your hair washed. I'll never understand this, but it seems hotels of a certain period were built as part of a program to discourage tall people from traveling or at least comfortably bathing.

The water pressure was ok, not the worst I've seen or had. The window unit ac didn't really get the room as cold as I like it at night. It wasn't annoying enough to call anyone about.

The hotel's location is next to a Bart station for easy (though long) trips into the city. There are some restaurants in the mall and elsewhere around the area. You'll need a car to do much of anything out here.

In short:
Bring your earplugs and don't expect the Taj Mahal and you'll be fine.

Room Tip: If noise is a concern ask for a room facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

In the past 1.5 yrs (approx.) my husband has stayed in the area weekly. When my daughter, dog and I travel with him we have to stay at a pet friendly hotel, and preferably an SPG hotel (as my husband is Platinum/Ambassador member level) so the only choice we have is Sheraton Pleasanton. The location is great but unfortunately we just can't continue to stay here again. I am so frustrated with the management and operations of this hotel that I am writing a review while our last night here. Firstly I must say the cleaning staff have been fine but here is the list of problems:
1) Currently no one is at the restaurant to assist with food order. Been waiting for 20 minutes just to put in an order. Finally got food and they got the order wrong. Brilliant.
2) The cooling in rooms during summer months is horrible. No matter what room you are in if facing south side your room never gets cool enough.
3) Beds are springy, bedding is loud. So uncomfortable. Why would a hotel place down comforters on the bed during summer months in California!
4) Internet issues yet no one at the front desk can give me a straight answer nor seems to know what is going on. All day yesterday I could not get internet connection anywhere in hotel. It wasn't until late this morning that I was able to use it.
5) Checking in the front desk attendant almost didn't let me check in because "technically" my name was not listed on the reservation, only husband. Well, that's nothing new since it is usually booked for business travel. Checking my family in was never a problem before.
6) Room cleaning takes FOREVER! We left at 11:00am and came back at 2:30pm. Room still not picked up.
7) Stains on carpeting throughout hotel. Walk down hall this afternoon and piles of dirty sheets and towels. No service personnel anywhere to be found.
8) A previous stay last year I had to wait over 2 hours before they would check us in. We arrived at 2:30. I understand the check in times but 2 over hours?

There's more but in short, this isn't what one should experience at $200 a night and for an SPG hotel. I would expect all these issues and complications at a 2 star hotel but shouldn't experience this here.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel but if you must stay here don't accept room 619 or any room near the e...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We thank you for your feedback and apologize for the experience while staying with us. I am personally looking into each of the items you have posted - rest assured we will take corrective and preventative measures. Sincerely, Mario S. Lopez - General Manager.

Been to Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel? Share your experiences!