“Dirty - Poor Service - Worst Lounge Ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5990 Stoneridge Mall Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Wyndham Garden)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Pleasanton
Vancouver, BC
“Dirty - Poor Service - Worst Lounge Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and found this the most dirty Sheraton I have ever visited including those abroad. The poor service and inadequate service level were sup rising, but not as much as the fact that management simply did not seem to care. The lounge on the first floor was terrible, the promised breakfast on the weekend did not happen with no apology or any compensation made. Also the snacks available were some granola bars and bottles of water - can you say WORST LOUNGE EVER!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear JetSetterBC,
I sincrely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I will personally address to prevent re-occurrence. Sincerely, Mario Salvatore - General Manager.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked a room at Sheraton Pleasanton from home while my husband was on the road. I got a very good deal last minute from Priceline, but I don't know that what kind of room we got so I contacted the hotel directly to make sure that my husband and son can each get their own bed. Tamela, who answered the call, was very pleasant and cheerful. She found our reservation right away and told us that she will make sure that our room has two beds. While she was doing her work on the other side of the phone line, I asked her if it is possible to get one of the remodeled room since this would be the last night in a hotel before my husband and my son will return home from a college tour in Southern California. I just read a few minutes from the hotel website reviews that Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel has some remodeled rooms and thought it would not hurt to ask for one although I thought she might politely reject us since we did not pay the full retail price. With no hesitation, she said she will see if they are still available. It did not take her took long to find a remodeled room and she blocked it for my husband who is still driving and won't get there for another 3 hrs. During the whole process, Tamela was very understanding and was totally focused on serving her customer's need. Since I don't get to thank her in person, I just wanted other people to know if I get such good experience over the phone, the customer service on site is probably just as good. Thank you, Temela, for the care you demonstrated.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Cho Q.,
We love hearing from our guest - particularly via sites such as TripAdvisor - where many guests can read about our fantastic services and products. I am very pleased to see Tamela went above and beyond in taking care of your needs and that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms. I will pass along the kind words to Tamela. We look forward to your next stay here with us.

Mario Lopez - General Manager.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place gave me the most positive first impression of any hotel I’ve stayed at within the United States. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by a manager in the lobby and a very friendly front desk employee. The lobby was buzzing with excitement, the check-in process was quick and easy, the rooms are all updated and my room was definitely 4-star quality. The bed was comfortable, the room had all the usual amenities like flat screen LCD, work station, big bathroom, etc. The hotel looks dated from the outside and some parts of the lobby, but the rooms are all very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Audifanatic,
Thank you so much for sharing the great experience you had while staying with us. We pride ourselves in implementing programs, where Managers and Employees, work diligently to engage with our guests to deliver the best service experience. As well, I am so happy to see you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay here with us. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights (28 -30 June), to be close to our friend who's living in the Tri-Valley. The hotel is conveniently located close to amenities (food, shopping, etc). Although it's very close to the freeway, it was quiet (or perhaps we were just too tired from our jet lag).

We reserved our room about a couple of days in advance, and got a fab deal. If you are heading to this area, I'd definitely suggest that you track the promotions online.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Anna O,
It is such a pleasure to read comments such as yours - thank you so much for taking the time to let us know yu had a very pleasant stay with us. Our convenient location as well as our dedication to deliver the best services and products to our guests is certainkly a plus. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue being of service to you. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend, w e had a refurbished room that was great. Monica at the front desk was gave us amazing sevice as well as Tamela. We always stay here for business and pleasure. Stay here and you be glad you did.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Jimbolu,
On behalf of the entire Sheraton Pleasanton Team I want to sincerely thank you for the "great" feedback you are giving us. I am proud of the fantastic service we provide to each of our guests. Rest assured I will pass along your kind words to my team ... particularly Monica & Tamela as they genuinely exemplifiy what we are all about here at the Sheraton Pleasanton. We look forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and couldn't have been happier with the room and the hotel in general.
- Friendly staff
- Clean linens
- Free wi-fi
- Close to highway and shopping mall across the street
- Modern looking hallways and room
- FLUFFY beds!!! Oh, those beds were amazing and hard to leave every morning!
- Ice cold A/C (we were there during a horrid heat wave)
- Huge hot tub and pool
I will definitely be staying here again next time I visit the area!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SheratonPleasanton, General Manager at Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear pierzyna,
We love hearing from our guests and, in this case, we are excited to read you had an "excellent" stay with us. We are very proud of the superb services we provide to our guests, as well as the quality of our rooms - our beds are definitely fantastic! - cleanliness and oversized pool/jacuzzi. We appreciate your business and lool forward to the opportunity of providing you with many more "excellent" stays. Sincerely, Mario Lopez - General Manager.
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 6 nights to visit family. Upon check in, the room we requested was not ready yet, so they offered us 2 newly, remodeled, adjoining rooms as compensation which was a nice surprise! The rooms were clean, comfortable, and well appointed. We did run into problem with the air conditioning in one of the rooms. Upon entering the room the first day, we noticed a puddle on the carpet next to the AC. We called the front desk and they sent up a maintenance man very quickly. There seemed to have been a communication issue between the maintenance man and the front desk because he seemed to think the problem was the thermostat on the wall. After adjusting the thermostat for about a minute, he then said, "You're all set," and started walking toward the door. I then mentioned the puddle next to the AC unit and he seemed surprised then proceeded to look at the AC unit. He cleaned up the puddle, looked at the unit, and said everything looked ok. By the next morning, the puddle had returned. We mentioned it again to the front desk, but nobody ever came to fix it. On the 3rd day, we mentioned it again and it was fixed. Other than that issue, our rooms were very accommodating. The pool was very convenient for the kids. it also had nice lounge chairs with umbrellas and tables as well, we loved it! One interesting observation about the pool area though was that the only outdoor lights were in the pool or jacuzzi. The pool deck was completely dark. Overall, we had a great stay. The staff was super friendly and very welcoming. I was very satisfied and would return.

Room Tip: Highway side can be noisy!