“Not that American in comfort” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Papa's American Hangout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 216 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Stoneridge
Description: Regional American Cuisine. Hand-Crafted Artisan Cocktails. Old World Hospitality
Pleasanton, California
“Not that American in comfort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My Mother-in-law loves this place for no apparent reasons, probably because she gets free tokens towards a free desert. That is why she wants to drag me into that place everytime we wanna go out, but honestly I don't see what people enjoy out there. The seating is not comfortable at all. I found it a little too upright. They designed them in a way, not to let you relax... The food is average, I haven't been impressed after my 3 visits, that's why I stopped going back. The Beer on tap is limited to cheap beer, DO NOT EXPECT STELLA OR HEINEKEN...

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Livermore, California
“It Is the Great American Hangout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were a large group having dinner and everything was fantastic! Great food, beverages and service. They really go out of their way to provide everyone with the best possible dining experience. Take my word for it and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morgan Hill
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Great menu items to choose from. Everyone in our party had fantastic tasting food.

Visited October 2011
San Jose, California
“A good place that I would revisit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My wife and I met friends visiting from the Boston area for lunch here on a Friday. I made the selection on the place based on their on line menu and reviews and in almost all areas they met my expectations. The menu had enough variety that everyone was satisfied. My wife ordered a sandwich that only barely resembled anything on the menu and we got no push back from the server. Also, it was prepared perfectly and was actually very good. The service was fast and friendly without be obtrusive. The total price was very fair for what we ordered. The cotton candy at the end of the meal was a very nice touch. Parking was a breeze and I cannot imagine it ever being a problem.

The negatives: The basic fries were not worth the calories and I think this might have been an effort to sell their garlic or sweet potato fries. Also, the amount of bread with each of the sandwich was too much. I probably 3/4 of my bread on the plate.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“California hanging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011 via mobile

This is overall a great family place. Food is simple, but excellent. They have a wonderful selection of beers. They also offer an interesting selection of natural and organic fair. Very West Coast! Service is excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere