“OK for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Boston, Massachusetts
“OK for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here over Christmas week 2013 while visiting family in Dublin. We used it just as a place to sleep and for that it was OK. Just note that this place does NOT serve breakfast even though it says so on their website and on the brochure in the lobby. When we pointed this out upon being told there was no breakfast the clerk gave a discount, we felt that if we didn't ask, nothing would have been said.The room was clean, quiet and as expected for the price. The tiny bathroom was run down, with some crumbling tiling and in need of an update. Hot water took a while to show up but did come. It is an OK place just to crash for the night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Small, quiet hotel. The rooms are clean and you don't here any street noise. The bed is surprisingly comfortable, but the pillows are a little lumpy. The room I was in is smaller than some other hotels I have stayed in but more comfortable than most.
Overall I enjoyed my stay, the staff is friendly and will stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for sharing, Kalem. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, but I'm sorry if you found the pillows to be a bit lumpy. Next time don't hesitate to ask any of our staff to switch it out for you — we're more than willing to accommodate wherever possible.

Hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Take care,
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Clean and very reasonable price for business travel. Excellent location (walking distance) near downtown Pleasanton, restaurants, supermarket. Free Internet for work or entertainment. I like that there is a coffee maker, microwave, and fridge in the room, and breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eric, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We're proud of what our motel offers, so I'm happy to see how much you enjoyed your stay. Anytime you're in Pleasanton, give us a call! We'd be happy to welcome you back to town.

Pleasant Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you're staying in Pleasanton, find another place to stay.. This place has the worst management and treats you like a 3rd class citizen.. I called this hotel for rates and was given a discount for my son attending school in Pleasanton. With Bart going on strike, we thought we should have our child stay there for the week without any worry. NOT TO MENTION they advertise his school and offer a discount.. The manager whom would NOT spell her name since she had VERY broken up English was extremely rude and LIED about a discount. This hotel is awful and after reading reviews, I STRONGLY suggest NOT staying here. I have called the Better Business Bureau and my son's school to inform them of this bait and switch business. IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL... PLUS, BE SURE AND READ THEIR REVIEWS... SO HAPPY MY SON WILL BE STAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT CAN BE TRUSTED!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I want to sincerely apologize for your experience with us, Daun. While I can certainly understand your frustration, I can assure you that this was a matter of miscommunication and not a "bait and switch" situation. As far as management being rude, I'll address your experience with our staff, but I hope you'll understand why we advise our managers not to hand out their personal information. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'd be happy to go over the specifics so we can get to the bottom of this.

Post Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't even rate this place the scale doe's not go down that far the pic are not even close's to what this place is like, people live here in some of the rooms, stay at own risk if I had pictures I would put them up sorry, Tried to ask for a cleaner room with no help.

Room Tip: there is no rooms worth it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
David,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. It seems like we really missed the mark when you stayed at our hotel. As a guest, your comfort is always our main concern, which is why I'm terribly disappointed in the service we provided when you asked for a different room. Because the rooms aren't currently up to our standards, we're in the process of revamping to make them more clean and comfortable. It is something that we're working tirelessly on to fix and we always welcome and appreciate any feedback you have. I know that you choose to stay with us because of our great locale and fair rates so I hope this will encourage you to give us another try in the future. I'm confident you will be shown the service and experience that I know we're capable of providing. Please feel free to reach out to me with any further questions or concerns.

Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Inside and outside very clean, room (221) small, clean, but needed carpet, ac noisey, very nice receptionist, close to places to eat, freeway.Lots of electrical plugs for computer, etc.

bed hard, box spring had large brown stain on the side. bedspread unattractive, no decoratioins

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for this feedback, Barry! We're in the midst of making a lot of changes to the hotel and this type of review is extremely helpful. While we're happy that you enjoyed your stay, we'll see what we can do about making it even quieter in the rooms. Hope to see you back here soon! -- All the best, Kumar, General Manager
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I found this hotel to be quite a surprise for the price in this area. The best parts about it are the office staff and the location. I was there on business, and the staff did everything they could to help me out. This is the only hotel within walking distance to downtown Pleasanton, right next to a shopping center which contains reataurants, bars and other shops. There are many different grade rooms. The least expensive are "cozy" but clean. The more expensive are more recently remodeled and larger. Though they are often sold out for the summer, I would definitely give them a call again. The location is just too convenient.

Room Tip: The rooms vary in price and size. Ask them for what yo need.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thanks for this review, Nick! We're glad that we could accommodate you on your business trip to Pleasanton. We also appreciate the fact that you're helping us to spread the word about our location. You're right -- it's hard to beat the locale.

Needless to say, we can't wait to welcome you back!

Kumar, General Manager

Been to Tri-Valley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!