“it is very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Pleasanton, California
“it is very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

we like this hotle---frivalley inn and suites pleasanton.nearby is safeway shop market.there are more and more foods.the room of hotle is very nice.sunny is very good.we like it.the pleasanton town is very beautiful in Nov.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We're delighted that you had a great time in Pleasanton when you came to stay with us in November. It's safe to say that we'd be thrilled to see you back here for another stay sometime soon. Hurry back!

Best,
Kumar, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Simi Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is an older one story motel in a nice neighborhood. The accomodations are not luxurious but it is nicer than some of economy hotels we have stayed at. The pet fee is very reasonable, and there is a center grass area which is excellent for us because we travel with our dog. The manager, Kumar, and his staff were very nice. They made sure we were comfortable. Although the rooms are small they are nicely furnished and very clean. We didn't notice any offensive odors or stains which can sometimes be a problem in hotels that allow smoking and/or pets. We had plenty of pillows and towels. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the area is quiet at night. Everything worked: T.V. WiFi, microwave, fridge, and the shower was good. We travel to this area several times a year, and we will be staying here in the future.

For people traveling with a pet - the room works and the price is excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
sampatelca, Owner at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thanks for writing this review back in November, Michele! We're so happy that you and your little four-legged travel companion both had a great time on your stay in Pleasanton!

It's great to know that you were comfortable in your room and that you found the beds to be a dream to sleep on. If there's anything else that we can do to improve our place for your next stay, don't hesitate to give me a shout!

All the best,
Kumar, General Manager
Milpitas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everything worked. WiFi was not bad. The TV was funky (dish network?) but I didn't watch much TV. Bathroom only had a shower - no bathtub. It wasn't an issue for me, but be aware of that in case you want a bath.

Neighborhood seemed nice. I would stay there again so long as the price is right.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Castro Valley, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I read about the renovation and even was told when I checked in that this room had just been completed. The room was small but fit our needs for one night. Generally it was OK and for the price it was fine but: The alarm clock did not work and I found that it was not even plugged in - one of the nightstand drawers could not be opened - the remote control for the TV did not work and there were no instructions to be found - there were dents inside the room metal door - the paint trim in the outside of the room was poorly done or not at all. I guess what I found most striking was the Suburban parked outside the end room full of belongings to the point that the driver's and passenger seats were full. It was not likely from an overnight guest in the motel. The car just outside our room had plastic over the windows that apparently were broken out. Marginal at best but again it was not very expensive. We have stayed at the Castro Valley Inn several times and for the same price is far superior.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
san diego area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is an older small motel right off Santa Rita Road in Pleasanton; just a few miles south of I-580. The rooms I have stayed in are good size; the bathrooms very small but everything has been clean. I am generally in 104 or 106 or 107 which are close to the manager's office which I appreciate as a single female traveler. I also park my car right in front of the door to my room. This hotel allows pets for a very reasonable pet fee. I stayed one night just this week and the carpets had just been cleaned. Dirty carpet is generally a problem in small hotels even those that do not allow pets. The carpet is not new, some rooms do have repair patches and iron melt prints which I can live with as long as the room and carpet is clean and does not smell. The bathroom shower is quite small; but I certainly can't fall in the shower! Everything in the bathroom is clean. Nominal bathroom products; but I bring my own so that is not an issue. There is Direct TV, small fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room. They have a nice pool on the property but I have not used it. A small continental breakfast is available in the office--I have taken mini muffins which were very fresh. I always ask for and politely receive an additional blanket since I keep the fan or /ac on low all night to mitigate street noise. I believe the motel is being renovated slowely on a room by room basis so make sure you ask for a room that was recently renovated, rather than one that may have had long term tenants living there. I was once put in a single room apartment type room with a separate kitchen. It was clean but I could smell leftover spicy food preparation from previous tenants which I prefer not to deal with on an overnight stay. The front desk service is always nice and helpful. If you require an upscale place with lots of amenities this is not the place for you. This is a great inexpensive place to stay overnight as I travel between Southern CA and Southern OR with my dogs.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room or one by the office. Turn your a/c unit or fan on low if you are sen...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel is located within walking distance of a strip mall with several small shops including a 7-11 and a sports bar & grill. There is also a Safeway, Walgreens and Hallmark store close by. Check-in went quickly and smoothly. The room was small, but clean. The pool area looked inviting.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Crappy seedy and dirty are the best words I can use to describe this dump. From the questionably biological looking stains on the carpet, to the slingshot mattress, to the exposed wiring IN THE SHOWER!! Who could ask for anything more. $177 for a 3 day stay - I could have slept in a ditch and saved the money and bathed in a gas station bathroom sink instead of risking electrocution in the shower stall. The rooms look like they were last updated circa 1985.

My stay was miserable and I have felt safer standing in line for beer at an Oakland Raiders game wearing a 49er's jersey. Save your money, keep looking for a decent hotel - trust me, this aint it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Tri-Valley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!