“A nice surprise..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Amelia Island, Florida
“A nice surprise..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here the first weekend in October to attend my High School class reunion. I met one of my dearest friends from childhood and we shared a room together, which was large enough to accommodate both of us quite nicely. Our room was quiet and overlooked the lovely pool area. We ate several meals here and the food was great. Our reunion was held in a couple of the meeting rooms. There was another class reunion going on next to us, which we could not hear any noise coming from their party. The Lobby Bar was close enough to walk to and grab a drink, too! Speaking of the Lobby Bar, our favorite bartender, L'Oreal, is by far the best in all the land. I have travelled all over the world and stayed at many Four Seasons, Rosewood properties, Ritz, etc., and L'Oreal should be commended for her truly outstanding service. She is a gem ~ funny, sweet, intelligent, beautiful ~ inside and out.. She made our stay all the more fun. What will remember most from my stay here is L'Oreal. I have already told many business associates to consider staying here at this property when they are in the SF bay area for business. And, my daughter who came to pick me up when the weekend ended, was blown away by what a cool vibe the Hotel had and how lovely all the staff were. She by the way is an executive for Ebay.. Thanks for a great time!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
It is wonderful that you and your childhood friend were able to enjoy so much during your stay. We are happy our team members were able to help make your stay more enjoyable and I look forward to sharing your feedback. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments and your recommendations to others. It was a pleasure to have had you here and we hope to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel in conjunction with a high school reunion. Everything was well done. I am a veteran traveler and have stayed at many hotels during my travels. I would rank this one in the top ten. The staff was friendly, professional and caring- all qualities I expect but seldom find all of them in one hotel. Very convenient as it is right off the Interstate. Shopping and food are within walking distance. Worthy of consideration on your next stay.

• Stayed September 2013
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
It was great to have had you here and we appreciate you sharing your experiences regarding your visit. We can't thank you enough for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton again soon.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

One of the best of the chain hotels we have stayed at. We stayed while visiting our nephew at Cal State East Bay. The location is very convenient, parking easy, hotel very clean and staff very pleasant. The room was clean, bed comfortable, amenities excellent and although we didn't use it, the pool area was very nice. Free bottled water was everywhere. Nice touch!!
We stayed on the concierge level and found the happy hour and breakfast offerings to be outstanding. Wide selection of hot foods and pastries at breakfast. Also these were replenished frequently and tables cleared quickly.
We ate in the bar one night and again found the food and service to be really good.
All in all an excellent place to stay, we would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the Marriott Brand as well as the Marriott Pleasanton. It is wonderful that you found your accommodations and our central location worked well for your stay. We offer multiple room types and locations to meet the needs of our guests and we are happy you were able to enjoy the Concierge Level rooms during your visit. It would be wonderful to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My truck broke down during the night and was able to push it to the parking lot, from there was able to get room for the night. The following day after check out, the staff was great in helping me with trying to jump start my car and use computer off n on to help find autoparts stores. In the end, my truck still didnt work, so was able to store there till canget it fixed in a few days and even took us by shuttle to the nearest train station. All day the staff was friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
We are happy to read that our staff members were able to assist you when your truck broke down near our hotel. Thank you for sharing your kind comments. We hope your truck has since been fixed and if you are in the area, we hope you have the chance to visit the Marriott Pleasanton again.
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has shuttle service w/in 5 mile radius. Huge shopping mall w/in walking distance or use their shuttle. Very friendly and helpful Staff. Room Service food delicious. Nice Lobby bar for after work relaxing. Room really nice and priced reasonably. Oh I found an unadvertised coin laundry washer and dryer! Plan to stay there every work trip I have to Pleasanton!

• Stayed September 2013
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
It is wonderful that you found your business trip to the Marriott Pleasanton enjoyable. We are located near many attractions, shopping and restaurants. We are happy you were able to utilize our shuttle service during your visit. We strive to provide a great experience for both our business and leisure travel guests and we thank you for sharing your perspective. Our team is always available to assist with any questions and we look forward to your next stay.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently stayed here, it is off the beaten path, BUT my husband had been there on business a few years ago. The hotel was friendly, clean and cute...I knew my adult girls would like it too. Very nice pool, I was impressed that it had a handicap lift by the pool and hot tub. We did not need it, but I thought that was a great idea. Very nice chairs by the pool and shaded area for reading. Very clean. I will have to say that Pleasanton has a cute, cute town with specialty stores. We were there on a Saturday and they were having an open farmers market on the street. I was so jealous...the fruits and veggies where awesome. We shopped the town twice on the same day! Met several very friendly people that lead to great conversations! I love to have local people tell me about their town, and are so proud to live there. Great restaurants too...we had Mexican and Mediterranean foods...it was wonderful! I know I got off of the subject of the Marriott, BUT I think the area is what draws you there. So, I can't wait to come back...but, NC is a bit far for now! Thank you Marriott!

Room Tip: Room was plenty big for 4 adults...with LOTS of luggage!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the Marriott Pleasanton as well as the downtown area. We are located near many attractions, shopping and restaurants and it is great that you were able to experience the area events like the farmers market. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just returned from a trip which I stayed at the Marriott Hotel in Pleasanton, Ca. This location is close to a major shopping center which I walked to, and located very close to the Bart Station which took me into downtown San Francisco in about 35 minutes. The staff were very friendly and the room was very very comfortable and super clean. Food in the Concierge Lounge was a nice lift in the morning with a healthy choice of fruits, eggs, and cereals. I have stayed here before and I will again. A very safe choice that is consistent from stay to stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs over the pool is my favorite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
The location of the Marriott Pleasanton makes it easy to explore the area and we are happy you were able to experience that during your stay. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our guests and we thank you for your continued loyalty. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Marriott Pleasanton? Share your experiences!