“NOISY, NOISY, NOISY” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Sacramento, California
“NOISY, NOISY, NOISY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

While my room was impeccably clean, the bed very comfortable and the location convenient to where I had a meeting, the location turned out to be extremely noisy. Additionally the insulation between floors was horrible and the continual pacing and stomping from the room above me was loud and irritating. There was a continual stream of traffic on the side road of the hotel which included motorcycles, trucks, and loud cars all stopping for the red light. The traffic died down about 2:30am and I was able to fall asleep until the person in the room above me started stomping and pacing again at 4:30am.

Because I was going to be checking in late (8pm) I included a note in my reservation for a high room in a quiet location of the hotel. I ended up on the 2nd floor next to the street and stop light. When I asked to be moved I was told there was nothing available, however, I felt the clerk really didn't seem too interested in finding me a new location.

So if you're a light sleeper this is not the hotel for you. I left at 7am exhausted from lack of sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your most recent stay. Although the comments were not favorable, they are definitely worth hearing and extremely important as I take all comments back to my team for future learning and understanding.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us due to external and internal noise and I am even more disappointed that you felt my front desk agent was not concerned about your issues. That is not the standard for my staff and I will follow up with my agent(s) regarding that.

I also noticed you were unable to get the floor you requested in your profile. Although, we do try our best to accommodate all guest requests, on sold-out or close to sell-out nights at times it is impossible to meet all requests. WE DO TRY.

Please contact a leadership member at your earliest convenience so we may discuss your concerns and our services and try and make this right.

OAKCP / 311Q3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Carmichael, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel in the area for business and really enjoy staying at this Courtyard. Pleasant Hill is a gem of a location for ease of access to freeways, BART, and local bars and restaurants. This property is clean, with updated rooms and lobby area, and all of the employees are extremely friendly and helpful.

Parking is free (and safe), and the hotel is close to several BART options if you want to go to Oakland A's or Giants games...or commute to work. It is a quick 5 minute walk to the "restaurant district" and there are many tasty and fun options.

Rooms are very comfortable, having undergone the standard Courtyard remodel process with excellent results. I really prefer this location and property to the many over-priced options in the surrounding area. It is an area with personality, and a Courtyard with guaranteed customer comfort and satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our property and its location. It is always nice to hear positive comments about our guests stay. Thank you for also taking the time out of your busy day to respond on Trip Advisor. The comments are appreciated and I always share them with my staff.

Thanks you again...and Hope to see you soon!

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is the third newly-modelled Courtyard that I have stayed in, and it's so formulaic that you have to try hard to remember what city you are in. But, with the courtyards that's a good thing. There are 3 Internet PCs with a printer in the lobby, the big cool touch screen TV thing and grass on the bar. Breakfast is coffee shop style (and its expensive) but better than the old DIY waffles on plastic plates!

My room was spacious and quiet, which was surprising given the proximity of an 8 lane highway. I left my 'do not disturb' hanger on all day so housekeeping left a note. Nothing unusual there,but the good thing was the note offered options for me to get service if I needed it, and was clear about deadlines for me to order anything I might need - I didn't, but it was a nice touch.

Several eating places nearby, but all fast/diner style. You will need your car to find good eats.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Katrece R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a response on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure seeing the positive comments that our guest leave. I will share these comments with my staff.

Marriott definitely has a formula - GREAT Customer Service and a solid product!!!! Thank you for recognizing it. We as associates enjoy serving you and your family. So please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Thank You again for staying with us!

Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visit the Concord/Pleasant Hill area frequently for business. Stayed at this facility for four nights, and had better than average experience representing very good value. Property went through substantial upgrade within the past year, including refurbishing common areas and rooms. The result is a business traveler-friendly arrangement in the lobby (work area, bistro, front desk) and no-frills but clean and adequately appointed rooms. Staff here are engaged, paying attention, and helpful. For bonus points, this location has a range of decent eating options within a one to two block range (in a good walking environment), and has easy access to major surface streets / highways going north, south, and east. As others have noted, you do pay for that easy access and proximity with some background noise from the 680. All in all, a good experience, and I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the facility parking lot (to the north) are likely to be least affected by noise from n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. It is always great to hear about above average experiences and I share all comments with our staff for added learnings. We love to exceed all guest expectations.

Should you ever travel again to our area (as you mentioned you do) please consider us again for your home away from home.

Hope to see you at the Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott very soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here during the christmas break. Check in was really easy, and the whole lobby was remodeled. They even had a cool giant touch screen in the lobby where you could look at the traffic and restaurants in the area. We used the gym, which was also clean and empty. The rooms were nice, although not as remodeled as the rest of the hotel, but overall it was fine and comfortable. Would definitely come back here!

We did have something funny happen to us. The first room we checked into, we walked in and it seemed someone was either there or they had not done the room yet. We just went back down and they moved us to a separate room. The one thing I thought about was, what if that were me in the bed and someone walked in on us!?

Other than that... a great hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response regarding your most recent stay with us. All comments are greatly appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I apologize that you were initially checked into a room that had yet to be turned over in our system. We do our best to ensure all rooms are in “CLEAN” status prior to putting them back into inventory. I am sorry that was not the case this time.

I understand the front desk staff took care of this issue swiftly and I hope you were happy with your second room.

Thank you again for staying with us. And we do hope to see you again soon.

South Riding, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here during a recent business trip to Concord CA. I don't know when its decor was updated, but it must have been fairly recently since it's got the modern Courtyard styling in the lobby and rooms. Plenty of contemporary and casual seating, large TVs to watch the game on, etc. They had a small pool and jacuzi I saw thru windows, but did not partake. The room was also typical modern Courtyard, and was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was okay, but underwealming and the towels were paper thin (okay, two sheets of paper)... but otherwise I was pleased. The staff was friendly and professional, although I didn't need much other than checking in/out. Wifi was simple an quick to use, and I had no prob with connecting my Linux laptop and a tablet.

The hotel is located in downtown Pleasant Hill which is in East Bay. It's next to a "strip mall" with a few stores and casual quick serve restaurants (Boston Market) as I recall. It's also however, across the street from an extensive outdoor mall-type area with tons of restaurants and shopping... certainly walkable in the nice Cali weather. Starbucks and a movie theater are in that mall, btw... although the Starbucks is on the far end of the mall.

I wasn't in the lap of luxury, but it was exactly what I would expect from a Courtyard.

Room Tip: I was in a Junior Suite on the 4th floor... with no observed problems to speak of.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a response regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure serving you. We review all comments on TripAdvisor and we share them with the entire staff. We are always looking for ways to improve all services offered. A guest(s) comments are key.

Should you ever have a need to come back into the area on business or pleasure...we do hope you will stay with us.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard.
Greenbrae, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Located in a very busy area just off freeway exit, this hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of restaurants & shopping. Just across the parking lot is a Rite-Aid & a Boston Market. Though a busy area with alot of traffic, we never noticed it from our room, which faced the parking lot, and not the street. Nice hotel, newly renovated a few months ago, which means everything in the room actually worked, although my husband said the wi-fi was finicky. The staff was pleasant & accommodating, and it was just a very nice experience, though we only stayed one night. I would definitely stay there again, if in the area. Two minor blips:happened to stay during an unusual cold snap and the blanket on the bed was not sufficient. No extra blanket or pillow in the closet, as most hotels provide. And the worst in-room coffee ever.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your staff. All comments are greatly appreciated. I do share these comments with my staff for better learning & understanding of our guest needs.

Thank you for addressing the missing extra blanket in the room. I will ensure your comments are forwarded to the housekeeping director. I apologize the room was not warm enough during your stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay...and we hope to see you in the near future.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!