“"I shall return", as one great American said, but I will use the phrase” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reno, Nevada
“"I shall return", as one great American said, but I will use the phrase”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I always go to tripadvisor and was anxious because of noted construction comments. I must say that I was overjoyed with the service, accommodations, information given at the front desk and how close this hotel was to other conviences. The rooms were perfect and couldn't wait to tell my family and friends what a great place to stay. A hidden gem. Please tell Lisa and Gina that their knowledge concerning answering questions from me at the front desk was VERY helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at our newly renovated hotel. We appreciate you giving us a chance to show how our hotel is truly run (Outside of renovation). We very happy to show off our new product and services.

Your comments are what keep us striving to STAY the BEST hotel in our Market and they are much appreciated. I will share your comments with the entire staff especially Gina and Lisa. ***They were extremely excited when I informed them they had pleasant comments on Trip Advisor.

Hope to see you and your family at our property in the near future.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights in late August and had a wonderful time. The property has all the amenities mentioned by other reviewers - BART, shopping, good access to all the Bay Area - that's all good but the real jewel is their staff. Everyone we dealt with bent over backward to make sure our stay was excellent, especially Juan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at our newly renovated hotel. Your comments are what keep us striving to STAY the BEST hotel in our Market. Your comments will be shared with my entire staff.

Hope to see you at our property in the near future.

Clearfield, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with my wife and our 3 children. Location is nice (right off the freeway in a good neighborhood). Price was very reasonable. Our children enjoyed the indoor hot tub and pool along with the fitness center (all are open 24 hours/day). We had a double queen room on the top (4th) floor. The room was larger than many hotels that I have stayed in (plenty of room for the blowup mattress for one of our children). We had a balcony that was a nice touch as well. A fridge and microwave are available upon request for no extra cost (which they delivered within 10 minutes of us calling down to the front desk). The hotel was clean and the staff was very responsive. Breakfast is not included, but is available for a cost (we did not eat there). It is only a short 30 minute drive from SF, so it is the perfect place to have your base from as you explore the Bay Area.

Room Tip: Top floor double queen room with a balcony was perfect for our family.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments as this is necessary for us to always improve. Your pleasant comments regarding your stay will be shared with our entire staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The property is beside a commercial district with shops, restaurants and retail. The rooms are newly renovated and the entire place is consistent with the feel and design of a Marriott Courtyard. Ther is no mini ref nor a safety deposit box in the room which I thought was also rather small. I think the price is right for its class.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay with us. We try to remain the hotel leader in our market when it comes to excellent customer service and your comments are greatly appreciated.

I noticed you mentioned you would have liked a microwave or refrigerator in your room. The Pleasant Hill Courtyard is currently working on providing all of our guest rooms with them. Should you come back into the area, please request them upon check in as we do a limited number of them on property for guest use.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to see you soon.

Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights during our trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley. This hotel was centrally located to both places. The room was nice and very clean and we both enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this place. The staff was very friendly and is very reasonably priced. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There's also a Rite-Aid next door and a Safeway grocery store a couple blocks away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for the posting a response regarding your most recent stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated. As we strive to be the BEST in our market. I will definitely share your comments with our entire staff.

We look forward to having you return in the near future.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night while in the area. Right off the 680 and across the street from downtown Pleasant Hill, which has stores and eateries. There is also a Rite-Aid next door for any items you may need. The lobby has been nicely renovated and the rooms are clean & spacious. The pool & spa are indoors, unfortunately the pool was freezing. As stated previously, the bathroom sink area is pretty small so it's hard to fit your personal items. But that's really the only negative. Overall it's a decent place.

• Stayed June 2012
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel. I know our travelers are extremely busy. I will take your comments back to our staff for added learning as we strive to be the number one hotel for travelers in the Pleasant Hill area. Please let me apologize for our pool not being at temperature. I have reported the issue to my engineer for immediate attention.

Thank you for also mentioning our renovation. The team is very proud of the new product and would love for you to come back and join us again.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott / OAKCP
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Courtyard Hotels are among our favorites when we travel. They are being nicely upgraded as we found when we stayed at the Courtyard El Segundo, just south of LAX, on 2 occasions in late 2012. On this trip in March 2012, the Courtyard Pleasant Hill, a short distance north of Walnut Creek, CA, had just been renovated so we cancelled out of a different hotel to stay at a newly redone Courtyard. Indeed the lobby had been totally redone as had the hallways leading to the rooms. The rooms had been freshened but not redone, leaving them with standard standalone bathroom sink with little shelf space, and an oversize toilet-shower combo room. We use the computer regularly on business travel so the Wi-Fi a hotel offers is important to us. The Wi-Fi at this hotel was an on-again, off-again affair. It is the 3rd worst Wi-Fi I ever experienced at any hotel here or in Europe or China. I spent 2 hours on the phone with some foreign-sounding tech support group one evening and the following morning, with only a temporary fix resulting. The front desk called the following day, apologized for our Wi-Fi problems, and offered a free meal at the Bistro for the problems we were having. A Marriott (?) technology person passing through the hotel phoned to help out on a different morning but at that time our Wi-Fi was operative. The (supposedly) 24/7 Bistro restaurant in the lobby offers a small but pleasant menu, and we found it a good place to have an easy dinner meal. One evening, staff behind the service counter was having such a good time they couldn't stop laughing and talking loudly, disturbing us and other diners trying to have conversations or just read a book. On another night, 3 different people were behind the service counter and none of them appeared to know anything about food preparation and service. The food service problems will probably get straightened out with time. The Wi-Fi will be fixed only if Marriott throws some intelligent money at it. I filled out the hotel’s “how was your stay” form with much the same comments as here, and got a phone message from the hotel’s front office staff asking to discuss my issues in more detail. I returned the phone call, only to also end up in a messaging center. That person has not phoned back.

Room Tip: At the moment I suggest you stay here only if you do not need Wi-Fi..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
NEW WIFI BEING INSTALLED AT THE PLEASENT HILL COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT:

We appreciate when our guests take time to complete a Marriott survey (which we recieved) and a TripAdvisor survey. We always love to hear areas in which we can improve.

Now that our renovation is complete, we have uncovered that we do have WiFi concerns which we do try and address immediately when reported. I am sorry to hear our WiFi during your stay was not as consistent as it should have been. We want all of our guests to stay connected and engaged in their business when traveling. We have heard our guests complaints and we are in the process of upgrading our StayOnline provider with new AT &T. This project should be completed within 30 - 60 days.

I also understand you were not completely happy with our new Bistro associates the night you dined in. I have definitely taken your concerns back to our Bistro Manager to address. You are correct, this is a new concept for the Pleasant Hill Courtyard (We have never offered dinner options and have been open less than 30 days) and we are doing our best to get ALL personal trained to work in the Bistro. With all capable personal trained, any associate walking by can help a guest in need. Even for a quick Starbucks. I apologize for the interupted of noise during dinner. I wasn't quiet sure if you did not get good service because no one could help you behind the counter or you were unhappy because you had to wait for someone with Micros (register) skills to assist you? Can you please contact me so we can discuss? I would love to address all issues.

My Assistant General Manager contacted you after we read your Marriott Survey and we look forward to connecting with you in the near future to find out what else we could have done, to make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your comments.

Katrece Raine
Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#3 of 8 in Concord
3.5 of 5 stars 243 reviews

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!