“Pleasant stay at the Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
LGBT Friendly
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
California
“Pleasant stay at the Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night while in the area. Right off the 680 and across the street from downtown Pleasant Hill, which has stores and eateries. There is also a Rite-Aid next door for any items you may need. The lobby has been nicely renovated and the rooms are clean & spacious. The pool & spa are indoors, unfortunately the pool was freezing. As stated previously, the bathroom sink area is pretty small so it's hard to fit your personal items. But that's really the only negative. Overall it's a decent place.

• Stayed June 2012
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel. I know our travelers are extremely busy. I will take your comments back to our staff for added learning as we strive to be the number one hotel for travelers in the Pleasant Hill area. Please let me apologize for our pool not being at temperature. I have reported the issue to my engineer for immediate attention.

Thank you for also mentioning our renovation. The team is very proud of the new product and would love for you to come back and join us again.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott / OAKCP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Courtyard Hotels are among our favorites when we travel. They are being nicely upgraded as we found when we stayed at the Courtyard El Segundo, just south of LAX, on 2 occasions in late 2012. On this trip in March 2012, the Courtyard Pleasant Hill, a short distance north of Walnut Creek, CA, had just been renovated so we cancelled out of a different hotel to stay at a newly redone Courtyard. Indeed the lobby had been totally redone as had the hallways leading to the rooms. The rooms had been freshened but not redone, leaving them with standard standalone bathroom sink with little shelf space, and an oversize toilet-shower combo room. We use the computer regularly on business travel so the Wi-Fi a hotel offers is important to us. The Wi-Fi at this hotel was an on-again, off-again affair. It is the 3rd worst Wi-Fi I ever experienced at any hotel here or in Europe or China. I spent 2 hours on the phone with some foreign-sounding tech support group one evening and the following morning, with only a temporary fix resulting. The front desk called the following day, apologized for our Wi-Fi problems, and offered a free meal at the Bistro for the problems we were having. A Marriott (?) technology person passing through the hotel phoned to help out on a different morning but at that time our Wi-Fi was operative. The (supposedly) 24/7 Bistro restaurant in the lobby offers a small but pleasant menu, and we found it a good place to have an easy dinner meal. One evening, staff behind the service counter was having such a good time they couldn't stop laughing and talking loudly, disturbing us and other diners trying to have conversations or just read a book. On another night, 3 different people were behind the service counter and none of them appeared to know anything about food preparation and service. The food service problems will probably get straightened out with time. The Wi-Fi will be fixed only if Marriott throws some intelligent money at it. I filled out the hotel’s “how was your stay” form with much the same comments as here, and got a phone message from the hotel’s front office staff asking to discuss my issues in more detail. I returned the phone call, only to also end up in a messaging center. That person has not phoned back.

Room Tip: At the moment I suggest you stay here only if you do not need Wi-Fi..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
NEW WIFI BEING INSTALLED AT THE PLEASENT HILL COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT:

We appreciate when our guests take time to complete a Marriott survey (which we recieved) and a TripAdvisor survey. We always love to hear areas in which we can improve.

Now that our renovation is complete, we have uncovered that we do have WiFi concerns which we do try and address immediately when reported. I am sorry to hear our WiFi during your stay was not as consistent as it should have been. We want all of our guests to stay connected and engaged in their business when traveling. We have heard our guests complaints and we are in the process of upgrading our StayOnline provider with new AT &T. This project should be completed within 30 - 60 days.

I also understand you were not completely happy with our new Bistro associates the night you dined in. I have definitely taken your concerns back to our Bistro Manager to address. You are correct, this is a new concept for the Pleasant Hill Courtyard (We have never offered dinner options and have been open less than 30 days) and we are doing our best to get ALL personal trained to work in the Bistro. With all capable personal trained, any associate walking by can help a guest in need. Even for a quick Starbucks. I apologize for the interupted of noise during dinner. I wasn't quiet sure if you did not get good service because no one could help you behind the counter or you were unhappy because you had to wait for someone with Micros (register) skills to assist you? Can you please contact me so we can discuss? I would love to address all issues.

My Assistant General Manager contacted you after we read your Marriott Survey and we look forward to connecting with you in the near future to find out what else we could have done, to make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your comments.

MAGALIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I liked this Courtyard when I stayed here during a business trip in December 2010. This time my wife and I decided to spend a 10 day vacation here and ended up loving it. In the meantime the hotel was totally renovated - inside and out. It is now a perfect example for the new design that will most likely be applied to all Courtyard hotels. It may be a question of taste if you like the new bistro which is open to the reception area, but the rooms look nice with their tasteful colors and beautiful beds. Everything is exceptionally clean (as it should be after a recent renovation). The best experience during our long stay was the service. When we were unable to open the window in our room service personel showed us three other rooms on different floors and different sides of the hotel for us to choose where we preferred to stay. We choose one of the larger rooms with a balcony. Immediately they brought us a refrigerator and microwave which are not always included in the amenities. Just ask and they will accomodate you - friendliness included. We can wholeheartedly recommend this Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from freeway and street traffic.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about our newly renovated hotel. Often times, people take time to discuss areas we can improve upon and seldom mention our highlights. I will share your comments with my entire staff...We are excited to see people love the new product.

Hope to see you back at our (YOUR) Courtyard by Marriott SOON!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The Courtyard by Marriott in Pleasant Hill, CA turns out to be a dud.
First, you’re lulled into thinking that this is one of the completely ‘new’ Courtyards by the beautifully renovated lobby area with the welcoming registration kiosks, the touch-screen local information panel, the ‘bistro’ restaurant, the cozy library and sleek business center. This even extends to new décor on the residential floors and in the guest rooms. But they failed to go the extra mile and remodel the sink area by replacing the closet with additional counter space for toiletries and personal appliance charging with an under-counter refrigerator and adding a closet/armoire in the guest room on the ‘TV’ wall opposite the beds. They brought up a small refrigerator and microwave oven (at no extra charge because we’re ‘elite’ Marriott rewards customers), but the lack of adequate counter space opposite the sink made the toiletries and grooming appliances around the sink a soggy, messy mini-slum that each of us had to negotiate twice a day; with the other ‘rechargeables’ cluttering the desk.
Second, the ‘free’ wi-fi internet connection stopped working on the 8th day of our 19 day stay. We spent 4.5 hours working with the front desk and the far-off-site technical support team trying without success to get our laptop reconnected. We had additional wi-fi problems on two other occasions, but learned to cope with them ourselves.
Third, the ‘host’ in the bistro was so involved in boisterous camaraderie with another guest that it was impossible to carry on a business conversation anywhere in the lobby.
On the plus side, the Courtyard is nicely located just off of the 680 freeway in a small shopping area with plenty of restaurants and convenience stores located within a short walk.

Room Tip: Rooms are all very quiet even though they all lookout on the 680 freeway. I'd ask for a room on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding our renovation completed March 3, 2012. We are extremely excited about the product and services that we offer. The concept is new to us (the staff) and our guest; we try our best to provide excellent customer service that Marriott is known for. I am sorry you felt our counter space in our standard newly renovated yet not redesigned rooms was not adequate. Please contact me myself personally during your next trip to our area and I will do my best to upgrade you to one of our larger suites which has more counter space.

Our lobby has been re-designed to provide a more open, interactive feel with fresh up-to-date music. It allows our guest to connect, refresh and unwind. I am sorry that you felt our Bistro attendant was too loud for you to carry on a conversation with your friends and family. We will revisit this with all staffing to ensure all guest can communicate freely without being disturbed.

Again, we appreciate the time you took to inform us of areas we can work on and I will be sure to inform the staff of your comments. We strive to be excellent!

Thanks again and hope to see you at a Marriott Property soon.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott
springfield, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Although there was construction going on while I was staying, I was informed ahead of time and expected it. It did not interfere with the overall quality of my stay. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Location was convenient for where I needed to be. There was plenty of shopping and eating within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your stay with us. I also thank you for staying with us during our renovation which is scheduled for completion on February 28th. We apologize for any inconvenience our renovation may caused. We are almost complete.

Often times, people take the opportunity to discuss the negative aspects of our renovation so it is refreshing to see positive comments. I will share these comments with my entire staff as this will bring joy to a team that has been working extremely hard to turn over a product that will be more engaging, more interactive and more fabulous for our guests. We want you to come back so you can experience a BRAND NEW STAY!

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I had just stayed at the Sacramento Cal Expo Courtyard Marriott where I had the best experience in a Marriott Courtyard, and then came to Pleasant Hill where I was shocked at the conditions. The hotel was $50/night higher in price, the hotel was under total construction which I was never told about when I made my reservation, and they put me on the older floor that a smoker had been in even though another floor had already been renovated and they were hardly booked. The toilet rocked, the bed which is usually so comfortable, had deep indentations from so many people having slept in it, and for $189/night, they were unapologetic for any of it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a response as this is the only way for our company to improve upon it's services. We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you know we are under renovation and that does not always make the experience as pleasurable as it could be. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations this stay. We do our best to inform all guests with reservations during our 3 month construction that we are under renovation and this alert has been posted on all of our booking channels since April of 2011. We are excited about the renovation and would like to invite you back once it is complete. (February 2012).

I am also sorry to hear that you were given incorrect breakfast hours. We have revised our hours due to the renovation and they are posted all about the hotel to inform guests. I will follow up with the agent that informed you incorrectly. For this, I personally apologize.

Thank you for your comments and I will follow up with you via email.

Concord, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Maybe it's the rain, but this combined with the reconstruction makes the experience miserable. We are here right now. We planned on a 4 night stay, but we will check out early. Room had only a couple towels, no shampoo. Mattress not comfortable. Last night when checkingn we asked what time was breakfast. We were told 0630-10 AM. We went down at 0730, it does not open unitil 8 AM.. I would recommend visitors find another place to stay when visiting this area..

Room Tip: can't help here
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and I will follow up with you via email.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!