“Fabulous Hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3220 Buskirk Avenue, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Oakland, California
“Fabulous Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I couldn't imagine a better place to stay! The staff is wonderful, in particular the manager, Jay, have gone completely out of their way to make me feel welcome. Just a terrific bunch of smiling, accommodating and so, so kind. My room was spotless, the kitchen well-appointed and modern and the bathroom was large and comfortable. Points of excellence:

* I was moving from San Diego to San Francisco for a teaching job and needed to hang up all my clothes but didn't have the hangers. The wonderful hotel staff provided me with 10 hangers, but when they saw how much luggage I had, they brought me 70 hangers!
* There was a problem with fire alarms and the manager, the Mr. Jay I've referenced before, came to my room immediately, asked if I was alright and took care of everything as if he were a firefighter himself!! He was running up and down the hall, on the first floor, putting thick towels in the way of the advancing puddle created by a couple of stupid kids who had yanked the spinklers as some sort of idiotic game. Jay stopped the damage from continuing down the hall. I can't even begin to tell you the hours this manager put in to stem the damage to his hotel! It really was quite amazing. Always professional, worried about his hotel guests and the quality of their stay...Jay, the new General Manager, has impressed me as a tireless crusader for the comfort of his hotel guests.
During my time here, 2 months, I have felt valued, welcomed, important and always received as a member of a larger family. I do hope, so much, that you will consider this hotel, Extended Stay America in Pleasant Hill, CA(Buskirk Avenue) as your FIRST CHOICE OF HOTEL. You will not be disappointed! I love this place and am so sad that I will have to leave soon. I have felt so comfortable here and I will so much miss the smiling faces of the manager, Jay, and the staff: Nico, Rosie, and Anabel who have always been lovely to me.

Room Tip: Talk to Jay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vallejo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I made a last minute reservation for a 65th birthday party last weekend. I was informed that I had to cancel prior to 6pm the next day. I called the hotel to cancel and they could not find my reservation in the system. So instead of giving me the correct number to call to cancel, I believe the attendant withheld the proper information so I would not be able to successfully cancel my reservation in a timely fashion. Therefore I was charged for a room I wasn't able to use. I have since called and requested to speak to Management twice to resolve this issue, and have yet to get a phone call back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

When my husband and I decided to book at this hotel, we thought it would be nice like all then other Extended Stay hotels we've been to.

Location: Great. It was by this small shopping center, in a nice neighborhood and close to the freeway. Seemed safe.

Rooms: The room that we reserved for was for a non-smoking room. When we got there, there was no label on the door indicating it was a non-smoking room. The non-smoking rooms down the hall contained the no smoking sign. The room reeked of smoke and I could not stand it. Mind you that you that I am also pregnant. We called the front desk wanting to change rooms but couldn't because they were all full. However, when our sister in law booked another room the night we checked in, they had rooms available. I would have appreciated if they were honest and told us upfront that our room was going to be a smoking room. They were nice enough to give us an oxygen cleaner and some fragrant spray. However, it did not solve the problem. Instead of moving us, they lied and said they didn't have any rooms available when they clearly did.

Service: They were prompt on bringing equipment to get the room clean of the smoke smell. However, lying to us is also a major NO NO.

Had we known that our room was going to be smoking, we would have booked elsewhere. Again, putting a pregnant woman in a smoking room is never a good thing.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your survey. I am sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant. At Extended Stay America we strive to make our guests feel comfortable and to provide them with an enjoyable stay. Due to that, I am extremely sorry that we did not have a non-smoking room available when you checked-in to the hotel. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of reservations at the hotel, we were unable to fulfill your entire request.

I hope you give us another chance to serve you better. Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America.
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Isn't it A shame that People don't try anymore...The Customer Service Industry is just one of the areas that we all have experienced a huge decline in the level of Customer Service we receive when we bring our patronage to any type of business. We as consumers have choices, and when we chose to spend our hard earned dollars some where shouldn't we be appreciated? Of course, the answer is YES. Yet still things seem to be getting worse at a rapid pace. Not here though, The Extended Stay in Pleasant Hill is a Shining Example of what Customer Service should look like in the Business/Customer Service World today. Not sue if they go through a formal training or if the Hiring Manager has the Midas touch, but what ever it is they have got it down to a Customer Satisfaction Science!!!!!

I have been staying at this hotel for the past few months and am so pleased with the team of employees. They all have such friendly caring attitudes. I have to say that lately my life has been challenging and most of the time I prefer to avoid people when given a choice, however not here. They are such personable caring individuals that I don't mind going to them when ever I have a concern or request. They all work very hard to make this a nice comfortable place to stay. Great job to everyone there. Thank you to: Jonathan, Nico, Jay, The Lady Manager and all of the other staff as well. The way you make people feel is everything and you all have made me feel appreciated and like a Friend. Thank you!!!

With much appreciation - A Happy Customer,

Miss Lara

Room Tip: the rooms are just fine all through out the facility
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Lara - I am glad to receive your feedback of your recent stay and to know that you had a great experience at our hotel. We at Extended Stay America strives to do our best and provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience. I am happy to hear that you like staying with us and admire our staff at the hotel. We look forward to having you continue to visit our hotel in the future.
Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

5 star for the staff 3 star for the "hotel physical accommodations" = 4 star rating.
My cat was happy in this hotel. The staff are EXTREMELY kind and friendly. Service is hard because the hotel needs better equip. Example water filters in kitchen sink - how about a better quality so the handy man is not so busy with inferior filters. I would like better beds as the bed was a too soft and old. Cleaning staff are busy, but good work. Most folks who stay here are (like me) in a disaster situation. My condo was flooded by upstairs unit and this is closest pet friendly hotel in area. I felt cared for by staff, but I'd recommend highly that the upgrades (beds, water filters, flatware) would help upgrade the rating.

Room Tip: I requested the far side (odd number rooms) on 2nd or 3rd floor so that I could open the windows saf...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We love this hotel, it has all the comforts of home. Jay and his staff are awesome! The rooms are always sparkling clean. The regular size refridgerator and micro wave and stove and utinsils and pots and pans are just what you need to cook with. The free wifi and cable and flat screen t.v. are on hit too! we stay here as often as we can. And are possitive anyone that's looking for a crystal clean , quiet place to rest will also love it here! Thank you so much , The Aragon's, Dave and Janice.

Room Tip: We always prefer the no smoking rooms and they are definately smoke free! The rooms are very clean...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave and Janice - I received your feedback and I am happy to hear that your stay here at our hotel was wonderful. I am also glad that our staff provided you with great service which made your stay even better.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week. I loved this hotel compared to previous extended stay hotels i stayed at. Room was clean and even had breakfast in the morning. The people at the desk were very friendly and also helped me with my flight itenery to be printed out. I felt like I was staying at home. I just wish they had housekeeping everyday, other than that everything at the hotel was clean and worth my $$$. Thanks. Will visit again,

Room Tip: ask for Jay. He will do everything to make your stay comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Address: 3220 Buskirk Avenue, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Location: United States > California > Pleasant Hill
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Pleasant Hill-Buskirk Ave Hotel Pleasant Hill
Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill
Extended Stay Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.