“Family friendly, but not family centric” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3220 Buskirk Avenue, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Provo, Utah
“Family friendly, but not family centric”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Not a good fit for a family with young children. Housekeeping only comes once a week if you stay at least 7 nights. Our room was rank with odor, there was signs of mold in the bathtub caulk, and there was a 3-4" diameter pile of some food something on top of the freezer door. Even after leaving the window open all day, the odor did not go away, and I could still smell it in our clothes and port-a-crib at our next hotel. Thanks to the friendly evening desk clerk, we were able to borrow a vacuum to suck up the dry oatmeal the kids spilled from the "grab-and-go" breakfast (a cheap form of a continental breakfast).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room conditions you described (odor with signs of mold in the bathtub caulk, and a 3-4"" diameter pile of some food, something on top of the freezer door) are totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We are here for three months and we find the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. We like the fact that we can have our two cats and a bird and the housekeeping staff work around them. They provide a nice grab and go breakfast and the rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is very clean. The front desk staff, Thuy, Jay and Monique are all very friendly and make it a point to call us by name. It is that nice touch of a home away from home. Thanks to the entire team her at ESA, Pleasant Hill.

Room Tip: If you are bringing an animal, especially a dog, request a first floor unit if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you are enjoying your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We are away from home for months at a time for my husband's work. If it's less than six months, we stay at hotels. We have two large dogs that are well-behaved and are with me all the time, but not all places will accept the larger breeds. Extended Stay America at Pleasant Hill has become our home-away-from-home for six trips now, not just because they allow pets, but because the wonderful staff is friendly, professional and always helpful! The same people have been on their staff consistently for the past five years we've been coming here and know us by name! That is so unusual in this day and age. All the rooms have been recently renovated. Since we stay for months, they always try to move us to a corner room with two windows if they possibly can as they are larger and brighter.

Room Tip: Oops! No pool but didn't want to give that a 'Terrible' rating and couldn't get it...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel.  We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month.  It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Lafayette, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here while looking for a more permanent place to rent and I needed to find a place right away that would accept my cat. This place was ideal, as I was able to cook my own food, as opposed to eating out every night. I was able to have my cat in my room and I always felt safe at night. I was very particular about having anyone come in the room when I was not there because of the possibility of my cat escaping. Management was ALWAYS respectful of this, and always worked with me when there was a need to come in to the room. ALL the staff at this hotel was exceptionally nice and friendly and everyone came to know me by name quickly. This is a good place to stay if you need to find a temporary place and you prefer to eat your own cooked food and ESPECIALLY if you have a pet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill- Buskirk Ave. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment of providing a home away from home, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we’d love to see you here again. Please don’t hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel location.
Arroyo Grande
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This chain advertising all new renovated rooms. Decor is ok but bed linens are old and bed is as hard as a rock. I did not know they could make beds that hard. I had to sleep sitting in a chair because that was more comfortable! Hallways a bit smelly because people cook in the rooms. Front desk person quite nice - I bet she has never slept in one of the beds, There are no amenities, i.e. shampo lotion or hairdryer. I will never stay at this or any other Extended Stay property again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else,
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill – Buskirk Ave. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please Accept my most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests will want to come back. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customer’s needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone’s sleeping preferences.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed here from November 2011-March 2012, due to hubby working nearby. Hotel staff is amazing. Newly renovated rooms are really nice! Would definitely stay here again when in the area! The only reason it gets 4 stars out of 5 is because their tv channel selection sucks. (:

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for spending time and writing such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are committed to the satisfaction of every guest, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I love this hotel and all the friendly/helpful staff; I will definitely stay here again when I'm back in the area!!!

• Stayed March 2012
Rachel - Thank you for taking a few moments to post such a wonderful review about our hotel. Positive feedback is so welcome to see, it motivates the team to reach for and drive guest satisfaction every day. We know that our guests are the reason for our success.

Once again, from myself and the entire staff, we appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you stay at our hotel again or any of our other brands.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Address: 3220 Buskirk Avenue, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Location: United States > California > Pleasant Hill
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Extended Stay so you can book your Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Pleasant Hill-Buskirk Ave Hotel Pleasant Hill
Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill
Extended Stay Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.