“A Pleasant Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Pleasant Hill

You added HYATT house Pleasant Hill to your Saves list
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2611 Contra Costa Blvd, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Pleasant Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Vancouver
“A Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

I recently spent nearly a week at the Pleasant Hill Hyatt Summerfield and I was very satisfied with my experience there. I got the queen studio suite, which was basically a small studio apartment plus very clean and comfortable. The only downside is that the bathroom area isn't completely self-contained -- there's a locking door for the shower/bath/toilet and the sink/storage drawers are on the other side. The flat screen TV swivels so you can position it to face the couch or the bed, which was a nice touch. Although the hotel is right next to the I680, there was surprisingly little noise, but my room wasn't facing the highway. I brought my laptop and used the wireless in the room, which was handy but there's also a business center on the main floor and I didn't notice that the computers were particularly slow, especially if you're just checking email. The kitchenette comes with a full fridge/freezer, plus a two burner stove, half-size dishwasher plus utensils, dishes, saucepan, etc. It's a great help if you want to cook something light in your suite or refrigerate any leftovers from outside meals! The included breakfast was pretty good as well-- scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, juice, yogurt, coffee/tea are all available. I'm not a morning person so it was difficult to get up in time -- breakfast is served until 9:30am M-F and until 10:00am on weekends. There's also an evening social hosted by the manager during the week, which includes light appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks. Common areas are well-maintained and spotless - I always saw someone around the lobby cleaning and polishing. There is a decent amount of parking in the lot and if you take the stairs, you can park relatively close to your room rather than going through the front entrance. There is shopping conveniently located across the street, plus a movie theater and a Borders. If you're in the Contra Costa area, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

This Summerfield Suites continues to be a great place to call home when in Contra Costa. Couple of trends to note: the continental breakfast seems to be declining in quality and choices. Housekeeping of common areas has improved to a very high level (shining, sparkling, and no odors - this was a slight problem before).

The front office staff continues to appear rather inflexible, sanctimonious, and condescending. Almost every stay, I overhear a customer/staff interaction where the staff is "laying down the law", quoting a policy of one kind or another. True, this is a business and rules are necessary, but the staff could at least TRY to be warmer and more understanding (not suggesting they always say "the customer is always right"), but their tone always sounds like a high school teacher reprimanding a problem student. I think their Hyatt training is geared towards white-collar, business account travelers...and they seem to lose patience dealing with family/teenage/leisure travelers' needs or tendencies.

And...they do now have plasma TV's in the rooms (at least our 2 bedroom suite did in the living room). Individual bedroom TV's were still the old kind.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

What a nice change from my usual hotel! Free parking, good lighting, free internet, free breakfast, and free evening snacks and drinks. Unlike the manager's reception at the nearby Embassy Suites, the evening snacks could actually pass for a light meal. (Not the usual saloon fare of stale chips, trail mix or hamster feed.)

The suite was spacious, comfortable, and set up perfectly for a business traveler. I slept well (for a change), and didn't experience the ever present humming/vibration noise that you find at some hotels. I give this one an A.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and loved it. We had a one bedroom, king bed suite. The lay-out of the suite was really comfortable and homey, and the whole hotel, including the pool and grounds, was beautifully maintained. The free breakfast, while not 4-star, was definitely a notch above the typical free breakfast offered at hotels. This hotel definitely deserves it's Trip Advisor #1 ranking!

• Liked — Quality of the room and value
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

I just returned home today from a 3 day stay at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Pleasant Hill, CA. Our reason for staying there was so we could attend a family member's memorial service. I don't normally write reviews, but as we prepared for this trip I relied on other reviews to make my decision, so it's only fair I now do the same. This is a great hotel: easy to find, easy access to the freeway, in close proximity to many shops/restaurants, only a 10 minute drive to downtown Walnut Creek and only a 35-45 minute drive into San Francisco.

I travelled with my husband and 3 year old child and we found this hotel to be great for a family. They accomodated our wishes for a quiet room on the 'inside' of the hotel (when we arrived). They made it clear that parties are not allowed on weekends; a welcome relief for us having our 3 year old with us!

The complimentary breakfast in the morning is not fantastic but completely acceptable and there are plenty of options. Depsite being December, we even swam in the outdoor heated pool & hot tub, a highlight for our 3 year old!

And the staff were extremely friendly & accomodating. This hotel is clean, nice and very very comfortable. It was a welcoming & restful place to stay and we would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
SF, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I booked a two bedroom trio, which is a 2 bedroom suite. The room was clean and offers a living room area, kitchen with a full size fridge, and cupboards that are stocked with glasses & plates. If you need to stay in the area long-term, this is the place for you.
It is right across the street from several restaurants, a movie theatre, and a grocery store. They even offer a free grocery shopping service!
Went to the pool and it was clean and much larger than I expected.
The breakfast is in the morning isn't gourmet by any means, but is definitely a great value.
I highly recommend this hotel -- you won't go wrong staying here.

• Liked — Room was spacious, nice pool, great location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Springville, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

I booked this hotel after much research of other hotels in the area. I was traveling here to see my grandparents in Concord, and I would be with my dad and my baby. A two bedroom suite was perfect; my dad and I each had our own room with king-size bed , and the baby slept in the living area in the middle. The privacy was nice. The price of the hotel was very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. I think you get much more for you money here than other places.

I requested a crib, and was pleased to receive a nice port-a-crib with blanket and even a box of baby care items (shampoo, diaper rash cream, lotion, powder).

It is nice that there is a TV in each room (three total), but only the flat screen TV in the living room has a DVD player.

We used the business center several times and were so happy it was there. Three computers and a printer (all free to use), plus odds and ends like staplers and paper clips.

I bought a granola bar from the "market" in the lobby one day. It's like a pricey convenient store, but it IS convenient. I wish they had fresh fruit, though, like apples.

Our room was non-smoking on the fourth floor, but the hallways smelled heavily of smoke, as did sometimes our living area (maybe it was just when we first came in and opened the door from the hallway). The bedrooms, however, smelled fine.

Overall, we loved our stay and will stay here again next time we're in town.

Stayed September 2008

Been to HYATT house Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!