“Better than most Best Westerns” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Placerville
Sierra Foothills
“Better than most Best Westerns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Clean, well-maintained, and close to US 50. Nothing outstanding, but well worth the cost. NOTE: although I had a "disabled access" ground access room, the bathing facility is NOT handicap accessible, having just handhold bars around a standard tub. If I were in a wheelchair or had other mobility issues, I would not have been able to take a bath or shower.

Room Tip: If you have a disability need, verify with the hotel BEFORE booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Leo,

Thank you for your kind comments while staying with us. it is feedback such as yours that keeps us wanting to keep delivering excellent customer sercive. I have addressed your concerns regarding that shower issue and we are going to be in the process of re modeling the hotel soon, so I so apologize that those items were a problem for you and I hop it does not deter you from coming back. If I can be of any help or assistance, please do not hesitae to let me know. Thank you for your business and comments and we hope to see you again.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We decided to stay at a Best Western, since we've always had a nice experience with the motels. The breakfast was very nice and they kept everything stocked and clean. The staff was very friendly and knew their regular customers by name very impressive, I must say.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Lucy,

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent visit to the Placerville area. It is feedback such as yours that keeps us striving to deliver superior customer service. I hope that when you are in the Placerville area again that you choose to stay with us so we can deliver more excellent customer service.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Arlington, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel midweek for a three nights stay. We were greeted on arrival by June, a friendly receptionist who directed us to a spacious clean and very comfortable room. The terrific breakfast each morning was a real bonus. My wife was working in the area so after seeing the sights and all the antique shops in Placerville I decided to relax by the excellent outdoor pool and hot tub. For value and comfort this hotel is really good and if in the area again would definitely return. Dave O'L

Room Tip: If not with children get a room away from the pool on the ground floor as there is no elevator.
Dave,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. June is a great asset to the hotel and I will pass along your comments about her. Our staff always try to ensure that all guest' have an enjoyable stay while staying with us. I am also happy that you go to see beautiful downtown placerville and all that it has to offer. When you are in the area again, I hope that you can come and stay with us again so we can deliver more excellent customer service.

Thank you for your business.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by how good our one night stay here was. We had a large room with a partition in it, which created a separate area for the pull out bed our children used. The room was a really decent size for the rate and had a big enough balcony for us to sit out.

There is a small pool which we used to cool off in.

There is an outside barbecue for guests to use if they want to.

There is a limited breakfast on offer which we thought was pretty good, when you consider how cheap the rooms are.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms near the communal barbecue - if. Other guests use it they will be chatting and c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for yourreview of your recent stay with us here at The Best Western Plus Placerville Inn. It is feedback such as yours that keep myself and my staff want to deliver the outmost customer service. I hope that next time you are in the area you will stop in either just to say hi or to stay with us for a night or two. If I can help you any further in the future,please do not hesitate to let me know.

Meridian, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, great location, clean, excellent breakfast, and friendly staff. Close to a great selection of wineries and also Apple Hill and a quick drive to the South Lake Tahoe area. Nice pool area and patio for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Carol,

Thank you for your kind words while visiting us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. If there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel was right off the freeway so easy to find and get in and out of. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast had quite a variety was presented well and tasty.

The room was clean but rather noisy especially as excited children came and went from the pool shouting and running, they were having fun. The four inch space between the bottom of the room door and floor readily let the noise in. We stuffed the decorative bed scarf in the crack and it helped a lot. The carpets were extremely filthy you could see footprints in the black on them. They need a deep cleaning!

I did have an issue with security. The outside door to the pool did not always close when being released ( I assume they could adjust the tension on the spring ) so outsiders could enter without a key card. Also the door leading from the pool to the corridor where rooms were was not locked at all. I asked at the front desk and the woman told me they did not always lock that door, but we believe it was broken.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Roberta,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here with us a The Best Western Plus Placerville Inn. We are implementing upgrades to the room such as the one you stayed in to buffer the hallway noise with adjustable door sweeps. I have shared your concerns with my staff and we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure guest safety and security. If there is anything in the future that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And once again, thank you for your business we know you had a choice and we thank you for your patronage.

Concord, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great hotel, and staff. It is clean, the rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast is good. We stayed there on business a few times so also got a rate for a number of rooms being in a national rock tribute band. It's near Red Hawk Casino.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Terry Brown

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!