“Okay place to stay needs a little attention.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Seattle, Washington
“Okay place to stay needs a little attention.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel was right off the freeway so easy to find and get in and out of. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast had quite a variety was presented well and tasty.

The room was clean but rather noisy especially as excited children came and went from the pool shouting and running, they were having fun. The four inch space between the bottom of the room door and floor readily let the noise in. We stuffed the decorative bed scarf in the crack and it helped a lot. The carpets were extremely filthy you could see footprints in the black on them. They need a deep cleaning!

I did have an issue with security. The outside door to the pool did not always close when being released ( I assume they could adjust the tension on the spring ) so outsiders could enter without a key card. Also the door leading from the pool to the corridor where rooms were was not locked at all. I asked at the front desk and the woman told me they did not always lock that door, but we believe it was broken.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Roberta,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here with us a The Best Western Plus Placerville Inn. We are implementing upgrades to the room such as the one you stayed in to buffer the hallway noise with adjustable door sweeps. I have shared your concerns with my staff and we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure guest safety and security. If there is anything in the future that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And once again, thank you for your business we know you had a choice and we thank you for your patronage.

Terry Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Concord, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great hotel, and staff. It is clean, the rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast is good. We stayed there on business a few times so also got a rate for a number of rooms being in a national rock tribute band. It's near Red Hawk Casino.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent visit to the Placerville area. It is feedback such as yours that keeps us striving to deliver superior customer service. I hope that when you are in the Placerville area again that you choose to stay with us so we can deliver more excellent customer service.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Hayward, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was nice until i get to the front desk were i was supposed to be able to get and go straight to my room because my girlfriend already had set up the room under her name and card. They needed my credit card for the room which was kind of weird. This is what you need to watch out for!!!! At check out they told us that they called about our dog in the room barking all night and had to relocate our neighbor next to us and we had to pay a moving fee because they were booked solid. After hearing this i went and talked to our neighbors on the other side of us and they never heard a thing. They called exactly at 10pm and we came back at 10:20 after not seeing we missed a call. Our dog was not barking but yet our dog was very scared when we came through the door not even to greet us till he saw it was us. I do not know what happen but I have never seen my dog this scared in his life. once back at the hotel room my dog would not leave my side all night. Something happened! Plus we over heard a couple other people had the same issue that night!!! wow, three other people had that the same night. Somethings wrong. Either way Im disputing the charge and reporting it to the BBB. They charge us $150 for relocating the other people. Our room was not that expensive. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The front desk staff was rude and would not even explain why we have two separate charges on two different cards! This hotel was not worth the expense and would recommend another hotel. I will never stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

Wellington, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Convenient location; good restaurant nearby; Placerville an enjoyable town to visit and shop. Location also makes it easy to get to and from downtown. Quiet, attractive surroundings. Breakfast is very good with ample selections.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Placerville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very nice motel- check in staff was helpful and check in was quick - room was clean and good size, beds were comfortable - we were in a downstairs room and there was no elevator that I was aware of so you had to carry your luggage down a flight of stairs

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business.

Campbell, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Seriously - do not expect much and you will not be dissapointed. This is a BEST WESTERN people, not a Ritz - it will be a decent place to sleep - period. We were just looking for a place to crash after rafting and it worked.

Pluses: Great - free bfast and wifi - ample parking, big TV and cheap. staff could not have been nicer and did best with what they have.
Minus - no elevator so beware - room had stained carpet and ripped chairs, broken screen to window, all drains were very, very slow - toilet sad - beware the HUGE desel trucks starting up in the morning as they our LOUD so close your window however that means you need to depend on the a/c which barely works.
And what the heck is with everone in that town smoking in public places? Last I heard, Placerville was part of California still?

Room Tip: if you don't have trouble with stairs or a lot of luggage, get a higher floor - they have rooms...
lkrause,

I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It is feedback such as yours that helps us know where we need to improve and also what you liked during your stay. I do hope that you give us another chance when you are in the placerville area. And if there is anything that I can be of assistance,please do not hesitate to call me at (530) 611-9100.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and we apprecieate your business and we hope to see you in the future.

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ceres, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel was well kept, staff was kind and courteous. Room was spacious and bed was cozy. Breakfast had more than a continental breakfast and was fresh. only thing is, if you are a smoker or not, none of the rooms are smoking, so smokers smoke outside everywhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!