“Review” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
South Lake Tahoe, California, Usa
“Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel did not seam very clean and there was an odor in the interior of the buildings. The work out room was dirty, had no air circulation and the equipment was very outdated. I was suprised that there was no elevator and that luggage had to be carried up multiple levels of stairs. If I have a business trip in Placerville again, I will most likely not select this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do have to apologize for not exceeding your expatiations. I have brought your complaints to my staff’s attention, and we are working to resolve some of your issues. I do apologize again and hope you might give us another chance in the future. If there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Terry Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tracy, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were heading to Red Hawk Casino and needed a place to sleep. This was a great location, just 6 miles down the freeway from the casino. My only complaint with it was when we made our reservation on-line we didn't know that there were 3 floors in part of the hotel and no elevator. I can walk up & down stairs, but with difficulty. If I had known ahead of time, I would have requested a ground level room.
The other problem was that there was only one light blanket on the bed and there wasn't an extra blanket in the closet.
Because we checked in later in the evening & I was tired from the trip, we dsidn't go back to the front desk & request another room. As for the blanket, at 2am, I am not going to get dressed and wait for Housekeeping to bring me an extra blanket. I feel that there should have been an extra blanket in the closet. Especially since it was February, and the city is in the foot-hills and it gets COLD at night..

Room Tip: If you use more then one blanket at home, then request an extra blanket in your room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This BW is a good value for staying close to Lake Tahoe. The breakfast was a welcome start to our day, but the room heater was *loud* and constantly cycled on and off, so we didn't get the rest we needed the night before our active day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I wanted to take the time to apologize for you not gettting the needed rest you required while staying with us. I have shared your comments with my staff and we are looking in to the problem with the air conditioning unit. I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again and I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent customer service. We hope to see you again soon, and if I can be of any further assistance, pelase do not heistate to let me know.

Thank you for your business and take care.

Sincerely

Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to the Monterey Peninsula. They have updated the tube TV to LCD. We were really glad since it was Super Bowl Sunday and it is nice to have a good TV, but a LCD HDTV needs a high definition subscription to be clear...the new TV is fuzzy...this is not the first motel that we have seen this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We are preparing to upgrade to a high definition signal for our new televisions that we just recently received, and will be adding more channels to our lineup also. We hope to see you again soon when you are in the placerville area, and if there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again.

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Reno, Nevada, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Everything was very good! The only thing I was not crazy about was that you had to go outside to get to your room but the weather was good so it was not a problem. The location was good and a restaurant was within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had to do a last-minute stay here due to road conditions in the Sierras preventing us from driving further until the next day. It's not the finest hotel in town, but it was adequate for an overnight stay. Our room was freezing cold when we first entered, but the HVAC system quickly warmed it up. The room was reasonably clean, and quiet. A breakfast is offered but we did not partake in it as we had plans to meet friends at a nearby restaurant.

Why is it not the finest hotel in the area? The hotel is in need of a major facelift. It appears to have been built in the 1970's and the bath fixtures especially reflect its age: where else can you find square-front toilets with matching toilet seats? I wouldn't call it "run down" but it most definitely is a time warp.

But for our overnight stay it wasn't bothersome at all. We got a great night's sleep (especially since we had a nearly 12 hour drive that day), the staff was friendly, and the reservation, check-in, and check-out processes were painless.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ron The Traveler,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Dallas, Texas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was staying in your hotel on Missouri Flat Rd. in room 333. When we first got to the room, our keys didn't work. They were replaced with 2 more, only one worked. The window was wide open (?) when it was below 30 degrees outside. We had to immediately blast the heater. Problems escalate. The heater blows directly up into the curtains, so it takes an hour to heat the room. Unless you open the curtains? I was happy to be on the 3rd floor.
We had to turn on all five lights every night, one couldn't light up a corner. But with the horribly lit room, you might not notice all the huge stains on the carpet.
The room now smelt odd, was probably from the heater.
The shower curtain had this nasty brown smear from "hand grime" running down the edge.
The worst part, I think, by far, was laying down at the end of a long 36 hour day, and looking up to see what I saw. At first it appeared to be some sort of splatter. My mind instantly went to a horror flick and thought it was blood. But after getting all the lights turned back on, I noticed more spots on the lamp shades and realized it was as though someone had thrown several cups of coffee at the ceiling.
How long had it been there, considering the grime on the shower curtain, I don't know.
Oh, I almost forgot. We had to ask for a do not disturb key for the door, and then got rudely woken up by room service, twice.
I figured no use in reporting one problem, they just kept coming.Had there of been better lighting, I would have had a whole bunch of pictures.
Horrible. Just horrible.
I just signed up for the rewards card, I had high hopes. But after complaining, I got "We're sorry. Please stay with us again." Need I laugh?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

terrybrown78, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9111.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!