“Was not what I expected.” 2 of 5 stars

National 9 Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1500 Broadway, Placerville, CA 95667   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Was not what I expected.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I used trip advisor to decide between National 9 Inn and Best Western in Placerville and was very disappointed I chose National 9 Inn. We paid almost $100. per night and stayed 2 nights. It was not worth that. Every other hotel we stayed in on our week in California cost much less and had much more. The breakfast was sad and the towels were thin. On the positive side the staff was very nice and helpful, but again not worth $100.00 per night. I definitely would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Not a good value.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Best Motel I have ever stayed in for the price. Room was very clean and comfortable. TV was nice. Room had a microwave and coffee pot. Bed was very soft. Also, front desk lady was super nice. Will definitely stay here from now on, meaning I'll have more money to spend at the wineries!

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here one night while passing through Placerville. For $59 night this was by far the least expensive hotel we found on our 10 day road trip. It was refreshing to find an inexpensive place after paying $150 the night before. Yes it was very basic, but clean and functional. I have to say some of the most glowing reviews were written through rose colored glasses. Our rating of very good takes into consideration the cost. You just can't expect much for $59-$69 in Placerville; or really most anywhere in CA these days. We felt the value was excellent which is more than we can say for hotels we spent double the money on.
We would stay here again but one night would be enough. Its nice to give the pocketbook a break on a long trip so we were glad they provided that opportunity.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting from England to see family. Although usually only used for very short breaks, we stayed for two weeks. Were surprised at the standard of the rooms. Very clean, great shower, good towels. The king sized bed really comfortable, all of the staff really helpful and very friendly. Free wi fi very welcome. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motel as a base for visiting the area

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Called to cancel my reservation today and they were not going to provide me email confirmation that reservation was cancelled. "Kim" at the front desk said "are you kidding?" when I asked for a reservation confirmation for cancellation. She said I am too busy and I had to plead with her to send me a email when possible to stated it was cancelled. She was rude, snarky and just gave me a hard time. I am sure glad I decided t stay some where else, I travel to Placerville on business all the time and I will never stay there based on this experience

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Twain Harte, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Recently stayed here while attending an area function. Very comfortable quiet night sleep! Yes, rooms are very basic, but very clean!!! Wife and I stay at many very high end places and spend four times what these rooms go for. With the price of gasoline these days, saving money is a big deal to most. Staff are very accomodating and friendly too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This was the best possible version of a roadside motel. The room was spotless, the furniture was all new, and the towels were surprisingly substantial for a motel. Great water pressure in the shower. The bed was perfectly comfortable. The setting was quiet. The owner/manager was amazingly friendly, pleasant and helpful when we checked in.

We got way more than our money's worth. We've already decided that we will stay here again when we come back to Placerville.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to National 9 Inn? Share your experiences!