“A great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 10 Placerville B&B and Inns
Pacifica, CA
“A great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

What a score! Nice large B&B in Placerville. The grounds are great and the hosts are super friendly. The pecan maple French toast in the morning was orgasmic.

The suite we stayed in was lovely. It had two rooms with a king bed in one and two twins in another. There's a large dining room with fresh brownies and a large common room with tables, chairs, and games. A huge number of books are available for your reading pleasure.

They're offering a bunch of specials on their website that make this place a screaming deal. We stayed in the Stirling Suite for two nights with two rooms for only $150 for two adults and two kids for BOTH nights.

Placerville is a charming town with lots of small quaint shops. Come stay the weekend and get away from it all.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Location was perfect. I enjoyed the walk to the downtown. Breakfast was wonderful and thank you for accommodating my dietary restrictions. The Aberdeen room was charming as was the rest of the house. I've stayed in many a great bed and breakfast and I rank this one as one of the best I've been in.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stumbled upon Glen Morey Country House as a last minute decision to stay in Placerville recently. I did not want to stay in a hotel and needed to be close to downtown.
They had a room available and I am so lucky that they did!
The place and grounds are gorgeous, so quiet and really quite roomy and private for a Bed and Breakfast. All rooms were full but I did not feel cramped or crowded by the other guests.
My room was darling and spotless. I am sure I had the best bathroom with the claw foot tub at the place.
The owners, Tom and Alison, are so charming and forthcoming with anything you need. Tom made the finest breakfasts every morning for a crowded house or just me. The Apple Pecan French Toast is the finest in all the land.
I had an extended stay as that week my daughter was due with her first child and I wanted to be close by (walking distance from her home!).
It was awesome to get back to my room each eve after a busy day with my daughter.
I would recommend this place to everyone I know.
The best.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Jena, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

...even for a lonesome traveller from old europe. The tip for the Sequoia restaurant (made by Tom, the host) was great (best dinner during my travel). Yes, the house is old, but exactly that is charming.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the first time on our first mini break together. I have some roots in the Gold Country, and I wanted to share it with my boyfriend. I picked Glen Morey because it was such a great value (even for the off season), and because I loved what I saw on the website. (My partner is from the UK, and I knew He'd love the Scottish roots.)

It was spot on! Glen Morey was exactly what I hoped for! An amazing historic house, with antiques, and friendly service, and a lovely breakfast. Tom and Allison where very hospitable and personable. Really great people. I would recommend Glen Morey to my friends and family.(In fact, I have!) We will be back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

The GlenMorey House is a terrific place. My husband, and another couple stayed there (thankfully) for the Placerville Art and Wine show. We were lucky enough to get a Saturday night stay, thanks Allison! It is just a short walk to Main Street Placerville where the art and wine show takes place every year. Tom made the best scrambled eggs I think I have ever had and the apple, pecan french toast was delicious as well. The only minor complaint I have was the squeeky bed! We stayed in the St Andrews room and it was very nice and homey, I loved the bathtub. What a terrific find! We had a great time, wish we could have stayed longer. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we will be able to stay there again next year. Thanks again Allison and Tom!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockton, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

My husband I wanted a quiet place to stay where we could relax and be catered to. We were pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this B&B was. The owners are gracious, the home is beautiful and the breakfast was unreal!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to GlenMorey Country House? Share your experiences!