“Cute, nice view and good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: 530-626-8144
Description: 530-626-8144
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Cute, nice view and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great place! My family of four went to this restaurant early in the morning as we were on our way to a wedding. We told the wait staff that met us there may be more joining us at the table, she said not a problem and seated us right away. We did not know when or if our other party would make it.. My family has very grumpy desires of what they like to eat and I have huge dietary restrictions. The owner was very pleasant and accommodating. My brother in law must have his eggs and meat cooked just right , my sisters no cheese or diary. I can not have red meat, dark green's and not many carbs. .. We had every thing just right... Our other family joined us a little later and was served right away. It was so nice that, that evening we all, plus more came back. Once again we were treated like family and served everything just to our liking. We called about 5 minutes before to let them know that a large party was about to come in.. It was a last minute decision. Sabrina the owner was so excited to see us again.
The homemade biscuits and apple butter were a hit with everyone. I had a bite and they were yummy. Our little fella in the family even ate his cheese sandwich and helped his dad with the bacon cheeseburger. He loved the waffle fries.

The only negatives were no plain ice tea, and no Dr Pepper. We were served all the water we wanted, it was ice cold. The hot cider was very nice as it was cold. The bathroom use was not a problem and they were clean.

Since we had such a wonderful experience we stopped there on our way back home to Utah, early in the morning. We were all treated wonderful, our food was excellent and Sabrina and other waitstaff could not have been greater.. There were hugs all around.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

NEVADA
“"A REAL BAD Apple"! Crappy Food, Poorly Managed, Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Two adults and 4 children ages 3 to 9 equal an automatic 15% gratuity added onto the check, not calculated according to the price prior to tax but the price AFTER the tax was added. Really? We were a large group of 6 with just small children? NO CHILDREN'S MENU'S, split plate charge of $1.50 for a Grilled Cheese Sandwich split between the two younger kids, crappy food, awful vibe by the staff as a whole, the woman who manages it has an awful look on her face like she is cursing every patron in there. But wait, there's more...the bathrooms were filthy, overflowing toilets, overflowing garbage cans, absolutely disgusting. Would not tell my worst enemy to go there...should be closed down by the health department.

The long version...

Arriving with 4 children, ages 3 to 9 and two adults for a Sunday lunch, we were surprised that they did not have any children's menu's or dishes catering to kids at all. Instead of getting the kids together and driving somewhere else we asked the server what she recommended for children....Chicken Fingers with Fries and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Fries is what she suggested. Cool, we thought. Ordered one Grilled Cheese Sandwich plate to split among the two smaller children and two Chicken Fingers plates for the other two children. First of all, our adult burger plates were super small with no frills. Not even a pickle on any of the lunch plates and I swear they counted the fries in order to place only 12 on each plate. The food was basic, bland and unappetizing to say the least plus VERY EXPENSIVE. We were charged a split plate charge of $1.50 for a Grilled Cheese Sandwich split between the two younger kids and the meal cost $6.00 plus the $1.50 for a flat cheese sandwich. When we placed our order, the server NEVER told us about the split plate charge. The bill arrived and my husband calculated it on the phone...it was way more that we expected...each soft drink was $2.50...wow, with no refills offered the entire time. Well it was much higher due to their sense of entitlement for adding a 15% gratuity to the bill, on the total AFTER tax for VERY POOR SERVICE, BAD ATTITUDE BY THE OLDER WOMAN AND HORRIBLE FOOD. My husband attempted to get the bill adjusted at least with a total prior to the tax for the gratuity and was shot down...they stated that is how they calculate all bills and would not change it.

Save yourself the horrible experience all around at the crap shack.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Can't wait to return to CA to dine here again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food and reasonable prices. The view from the outdoor dining deck is beautiful. The service was friendly. I enjoyed probably the best clam chowder I have eaten.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California, United States
“Country Cute and a View to Boot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Well, I'm seeing the negative reviews here, but that was not our experience at all. I've driven by this cafe many, many times and always meant to stop and so stop we did on the way back from Lake Tahoe. The view of the foothills is great, and there is an outdoor patio that we'd like to experience when the weather is warmer.

We were greeted by a display case full of yummy-looking pastries, and seated by a friendly server in the very country-cute cafe. I was happy to have a few vegetarian choices! I went for a quesadilla that was mushroom-heavy (my own fault for not requesting a substitue veggie), but otherwise very tasty and nicely cooked.

My better half had a chicken sandwich. The cook provided a grilled chicken breast instead of the breaded patty at her request, which we appreciated, and which she enjoyed very much.

It seemed a sin to eat out in the Apple Hill area and not indulge, so we did. The caramel apple pie was a treat, with thick chunks of apple the way we like them! It was too late in the day for coffee for me, but I appreciated that they serve organic coffee...

The ambience was quiet and our server was attentive and helpful. The bathroom needed some work (couldn't find the light switch, towels and soap had to be provided as the amenities weren't working), but it was serviceable.

We'll be back to try it again in the future and check out the patio!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Keep Driving. The food is gross. The owner has a horrible attitude. Yelled obscenities at other patrons for using the bathroom (they had apparently eaten and paid). Made the whole place feel uncomfortable. Plenty of parking though.Driving. The food is gross. The owner has a horrible attitude. Plenty of parking though.

• Visited January 2013