“Great Food, Service and Ambience at a Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 106 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: American
Placerville, California
“Great Food, Service and Ambience at a Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My hubsband & I moved up from Marin County in 1991 and have been going to Buttercup since for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Its down home cooking at an affordable price. It has quality & quantity, you will bring leftovers home. The staff is attentive, pleasant & management wants to know your meal and service were good. The ambience is homey and decor the same. While waiting for your meal, you can't help but notice all the great collector items placed around. They also decorate for Thanksgiving & Christmas and its wonderful to see. Breakfast and lunch are our favorite, you can go comfort food or healthy as I'm a runner so sometimes I need carb loading and sometimes a nice Mimosa to celebrate. Very nice people, haven't had a bad visit yet, recommend highly.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grass Valley, California
“Grandma's house ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Quaint place, decent food, good service. Fine dining this is not, but family friendly decent food it is. Enjoyed my 1/2 sandwich and salad. Kids meals were varied and decent portions. Burgers looked great. I would go back for casual night. Took the waitress a long time it seemed to clear empty dishes and they started piling up at the end of the table, but just as I started to feel irritated about it, she appeared and removed the offenders LOL. Service was friendly and efficient in all other regards. Pies looked amazing, but didn't try any this time around. Definitely would come back just for pie and coffee :)

Visited February 2014
Bay Area California
“Nice decorations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I stop in with our two grandkids to have breakfast. The restaurant was clean and had antique decorations thru out that was very interesting. I had the Swiss miss omelet, it looked nice but was bland, my husband had a skillet and again it looked good be was bland. The numerous selection of sauce on the table help add some flavor. Grandkids liked the hot chocolate and seem happy with their food. The waitress was nice and never let our coffee cups get empty.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vacaville, California
“Great place to eat when visiting Apple Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We've stopped here twice recently on our way to Apple Hill. The food is good,the service has been efficient and the servers are welcoming and friendly. Each time I have eaten here I have ordered a sandwich which comes on the most delicious squaw bread...I had the turkey,cream cheese,sprouts and cranberry sauce on squaw bread sandwich. This sandwich is mouth wateringly good. My father had the french toast which is made on thick slices of their bread which he said was very good. All five of us dining really enjoyed what we ordered and will definitely return. Buttercup is worth the stop for breakfast or lunch on your way to Apple Hill or Lake Tahoe. The only negative is their parking lot is quite small and sometimes hard to maneuver around, there is parking on the street as well.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moline, IL
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a great place for breakfast. There were five of us and all of us enjoyed our breakfast. The service was excellent and timely. We would visit here again.

Visited October 2013