“Do you know what real Mexican is supposed to taste like?” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 103 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: I live in Placerville and eat here frequently. The last time I looked it had over a dozen five star recommendations on Tripadvisor that seem to have disappeared. The food is terrific (I like the seafood burrito). The salsa is wonderful. The service is almost always excellent. The décor is comfortable and attractive. I’ve eaten at probably a hundred Mexican restaurants. Of those three or four were really good, but Casa Ramos is the best.
“Do you know what real Mexican is supposed to taste like?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you do know what real Mexican food is supposed to taste like then I would not recommend this restaurant. Its very Americanized Mexican food, large plates filled with dry Mexican rice and lard pinto beans along with your greasy entre. I admit the food was not bad, but its just not by any means authentic Mexican. Restaurant interior is pretty outdated. The service was friendly and it didn't take too long to get our order but I won't be coming back. If I want watered down Mexican I usually like Taco Bell.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

manteca
“love there food best we had in long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

friendly, fast , great food we would very much go back there very enjoyable dinner the waiter was great brang us what ever we wanted

Visited September 2012
El Dorado Hills, California
“Best Mexican food in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I love Mexican food and have visited many if not most of the Mexican restaurants in the area. I have returned to eat again and again at only one of them, Casa Ramos. The food is excellent and service is usually good as well. I particularly like their burritos.

Visited June 2012
Nevada
“big margaritas for a tired traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My son and I ate here for dinner and had a delicious meal. The staff was very friendly and the service was prompt. I loved the big house margarita - yum!

Visited June 2012
previse
“Our favorite Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have at all the local Mexican restaurants, plus many others throughout California and elsewhere. In terms of good food, decent service, reasonable value and pleasant environment for dining this is my all-time favorite. You can occasionally find a little hole in the wall with better food, but not around here.

The restaurant is attractively decorated and many of the tables have a nice view over the hills. Well away from the bar, the dining area is quiet, peaceful place to eat. The chips and salsa are consistently outstanding. We usually order the seafood burrito and enchiladas, which are excellent. Their service is as good as you can reasonably expect anywhere except in a restaurant with prices about four times higher.

• Visited May 2012