“Luxurious accomodations, breathtaking views, incredible hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.

and 1 more site!
You added Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc. to your Saves list
Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.
581 Cold Springs Rd., Placerville, CA 95667   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Placerville B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bay Area
“Luxurious accomodations, breathtaking views, incredible hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Let me start by saying that if I could live here, I would. We stayed for a weekend and I felt like a queen. The Bella Vista is a charming B&B with beautiful accommodations. My family and I stayed in the Rio Vista room downstairs with a lovely living area and mini kitchen and two luxuriously decorated room adorned with vintage touches. Their pool area was re-done recently and offers a rock waterfall and a built-in rock waterslide. The kids had a blast. We all enjoyed hanging out by the pool to watch the stunning sunset as the Sierra Foothills and the American River took on a golden glow. When we awoke in the morning, Kathleen, the innkeeper, prepared THE most delicious stuffed french toast with raspberry drizzle, fresh berries and bacon on the side. I will stay here every chance I can and continue to rave about it to my friends. If you've got a chance to stay here for a romantic get-a-way...this is truly the place for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rigby, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Kathleen, who was charming and sweet, greeted us at the door. She showed us our room and offered us a glass of wine with cheese, which we had on our private deck overlooking the breath taking view of the hill top. She suggested some close places for dinner, showing us menus. Kathleen, wasting no time,called for a reservation for us as soon as we decided on a place. After settling into our room and enjoying a glass of wine, we took a walk around the grounds. The Bella Vista is one of the most beautiful bed and breakfast we have stayed in. The ponds, waterfalls, and features where perfectly placed around the spectacular grounds. they had harbors and benches tucked in quiet little spaces through the property. After our walk, we headed out to dinner. We enjoyed a fine dining experience within a few miles at the Café Mahjaic. “All food, sauces and breads made from scratch using naturally raised organic meats and grains, fresh fish from the ocean. Organic produce when available.” We highly recommend Café Mahjaic for its atmosphere, delicious food, service and an overall memorable dining experience. We headed back to our home for the next two nights. When we pulled in through the gate and drove up the drive way to the Bella Vista, we were mesmerized by the beauty. The soft night lighting around the grounds and the home, made it look even more magnificent.
The view of the hills, lit up by the night sky and twinkling lights below, was breath taking. We even enjoy the view from the large heart shaped Jacuzzi tub in our bath room. The Bella Visa as a whole is tastefully decorated in a beautiful European style, very elegant and comfortable. Our room was no exception; the bed engulfed us like a cloud from heaven. The large bay windows in our room provided us a view of the night sky as we fell asleep.

In the morning we woke to the smell of fresh coffee and breakfast cooking. This was the only way I would be enticed out of that bed. I had my coffee, in bed and Kathleen served a hot delicious breakfast to our room, which we enjoyed at a lovely table in front of the bay window. The plates were so pretty with the fresh fruit, blueberry scones, and rosemary on the side. The entire breakfast was delicious.
Kathleen gave us some good suggestions on things to do in the area and places for lunch and dinner. We had a relaxed fun day exploring the area and a good dinner close by. We came back early to enjoy our last evening at the Bella Vista. Sadly, the next morning we had to leave early, Kathleen, so kindly packed us up a bag of goodies to take with us, not realizing we left it behind. It was hard to leave this beautiful place but we will have wonderful memories of our time spent at the Bella Vista and the Coloma area.
My husband and I have enjoyed staying in bed and breakfast styled accommodations, when traveling, in the US and Europe. The beautiful Bella Vista, reminded us of our trip, "from Paris to Rome." This is one of the top 3 on our list of bed and breakfast we have had the pleasure to stay in. We highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone.

Room Tip: The Bella Vista room was perfect for size, view and comfort. Large heart shaped jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Ok...we stay at a LOT of B&B's and I really TRY to look at the best parts of each place. For Bella Vista it IS the view..the lovely yard...the flora and fauna are very sweet! We arrived in the late afternoon hoping for wine,cheese,warm cookies,sherry....I couldn't even make myself a cup of tea or coffee...because there was NOTHING provided for me...only packets of sugar in my room next to a stoneware mug circa Ross Dept Store 1988! This B&B is located FAR from any store or food supply...prior to my stay at Bella Vista I stayed in Sutter Creek where I had a "feast" in the later afternoon served on china,silver,etc...and I was staying in the heart of town...I was disappointed. We were greeted,shown to our room,promised robes that NEVER arrived...plates for our pizza we had in our car that also NEVER arrived...it was sad for me. I'm used to being pampered at a B&B and this felt like I was ON my own...the pool was not available nor was the spa...I felt cheated...this was what I wanted to experience! Oh well. The room was kind of Spartan in a way..glue dribbles down from the metal headboard where someone broke a metal tassel! The eaves on the roof appeared to be rotten in places...the pillows were FOAM...ok it's been FIFTEEN years since I've slept on anything but feathers...even at home. Lots of resin decorations purchased fromRoss,Marshalls,T J Maxx,et al...Despite the claim that hot water will come out in the bathroom...it was tepid at best..not being mean just being honest. We attempted to fill the bath and watch the stars...water was TOO chilly! The innkeeper has attached living quarters where she lives with her spouse THREE children, their spouse and THREE grandchildren! With 8 people operating hot water I wondered if that's why it was so cold! The heat is central and the heat ran ALL night long....I had a bloody nose! We opened every window! Too hot for me...I really was so excited at the idea of staying at Bella Vista. Breakfast was really not great...again NOT being mean just MY experience...I'm used to a host asking IF we have dietary restrictions..we do..my husband is a diabetic and I'm allergic to dairy and I'm a lifelong vegetarian...this seemed odd to me because it's useful information...why waste the time AND food items IF your guest cannot eat them? Breakfast was fritatta..smothered in cheese...yoplait yogurt cups in plastic containers,turkey sausage that looked like cafeteria meat...soggy and grey. I didn't want to hurt her feelings...I mean she cooked for us...and she is a really nice lady- my heart went out to her having such a large family living with her...she was very kind...but this B&B experience for ME was just average....the plus side is the CHEAP price per night...great views,BEAUTIFUL yard...pretty pool to LOOK at...I stayed in the most expensive suite....I wanted it to be a grand experience but honestly it just wasn't....

• Stayed April 2012
AshleyBellaVista, Owner at Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc., responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your feed back. We`re sorry your stay wasn`t as grand as you had anticipated. The heart of our Inn is to provide an envoirnment that is free from stress and frustration; where you can relax and be served. Based on your comments it seems as though we missed creating this experience for you and are deeply sad this was the case. We assure you this is not the norm for our Inn. We are very glad you enjoyed the ponds, streams and waterfalls of Bella Vista we take pride in maintaining our grounds.

We`re sorry you had issues with hot water although we`re unsure why you had problems as we have a tankless hot water heater so it`s impossible to run out of hot water. We checked the heater and didn`t find any reason for the issue you described ?

Since feather allergies are common, feather pillows are not standard in our rooms. We have looked into providing feather pillows as an option but were informed the dander which cause allergies does not stay confined to the pillows and will spread to the entire room. In an ongoing effort to ensure our Inn accomodates not just allergies but those with specific dietary restrictions to better serve our guests (we are looking into several more food choices). The other issues that you noted regarding the Inn have either been addressed or are on our list to be reviewed.

We are always looking for ways we can improve our service. We wish you had brought these issues to our attention while you were staying with us so we could immediately fix the ones we could and explain the reason that we don`t provide feather pillows( frequently guests bring their favorite pillow with them).

We were under the impression that you were happy with your stay. Talking with you extensively the next morning at breakfast everything seemed fine. This review was a complete surprise and we are very sorry.
South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Bella Vista is located on an amazinging hilltop in Coloma, ca. The view was awesome. The room was super clean and comfy. We stayed in the rip vista room located next to the rock pool and patio. The breakfast was very delicious and filling. The host was very accomadating. The b&b was only minutes away from the park and 2 wineries. The only bad part was the sound of water flowing when other guests showered. And you can hear foot steps in the morning coming from the dinning room. Regardless, I would happily stay again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2012
Portola Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We arrived in the evening after a family party. The owners are very hospitable. The TV in the small cozy room we had reserved was not working so we were given the room next door with a flat screen TV, a huge bathroom with double jacuzzi tub, comfortable bed, wonderful decor and a spectacular view over the American River. Excellant breakfast!
An elegant, restful place off the beaten path!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Bella Vista. We were a little nervous because it was our first time at a B&B but the previous reviewers were right on. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are many activities nearby including a number of wineries and river raft rentals. The grounds and the views are incredibly beautiful. One of the best features of this property is the pool/spa area., so don't miss it! Thanks to Bob and Kathleen for a great experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We found this place on the internet and we immediately fell in love with it ( we are in NJ). When we visited there in February for the first time, we knew it was the right decision as we drove up the drive way. It was breathtakingly beautiful even in February, We started thinking about how great it was going to be and our guests would enjoy the day here. Both Kathleen (owner) and Jordan (wedding planner) made us feel right at home. They went well beyond our expectations and made our dream wedding the best it could have asked for. We had the ceremony on the lovely lower green lawn and blue California sky. We had the cocktails and cheese on the fountain area and followed by the elegant reception on the terrace over looking the American River. Our guests have not stopped talking about how much fun and relaxed time they had. Needless to say the rooms were great. Our room was sooo romantic and very well appointed. So much that we plan to return next year for our anniversary. We could not have asked for a better place or better people for our wedding!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.

Address: 581 Cold Springs Rd., Placerville, CA 95667
Location: United States > California > Placerville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 10 B&Bs / Inns in Placerville
Bella Vista is a luxurious hillside estate with views overlooking the Coloma Valley and the American River. We offer a resort-like stay for guests of all occasions, and make the perfect venue for a dream wedding. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.