“Recommended Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Placentia
San Diego, CA
“Recommended Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for several weeks (Mon-Fri) over the course of 1 month. The staff was super-friendly and helpful. I stayed in the studio room which was perfect for me. Full kitchen, desk/table for working or eating. Air conditioning worked great in the room (very thankful for that during my stay in Aug).

There's a pool and a basketball court. Breakfast was hot each morning - eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, fruit, juice, muffins, etc. Changed daily. Mon, Tues, and Wed nights from 5:30 - 7:00pm there's a happy hour with beer, wine, punch, fruit, and a rotating selection of things like hamburgers, pasta, hot wings, salsbury steak, etc.

Location is convenient to the 57 and 91 freeways. Nearest store and Target is 4-5 blocks down the road (not far at all).

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room request one away from the pool. The rooms on the back of the property that...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was in the process of moving to CA fromt the midwest and ended up having to stay in the hotel for over 10 days. Breakfast was decent and rotated so that it wasn't too repetitve. Rooms were comfortable and clean - having the full kitchen was great so I could prepare some of my dinners/lunches. The only thing that bothered me about the room is that it was overly red. Red is such a strong color to have on the wall and it was rather overpowering/dark. There was a Juliette balcony off my room but I couldn't keep it open b/c there wasn't a screen and i was afraid that my cat would get out. (Wonderful that the hotel accepts pets for a 1 time fee of $100).
There was also a group of teenangers staying in the hotel and they would get very loud. I finally complained one night b/c it was after 11 and I had to work the next day. Security quickly came and broke up the 'party' and there didn't seem to be any noise problems after that. Overall the hotel was great.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor and there are no elevators. I wish I'd thought about it sooner sin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bogart, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family stayed in the two bedroom penthouse suite for one week. The room is nice and clean. Plenty spaces to let five people to stay in. Kitchen is equipped well with items we need for all of us. The bed was nice but I wish it can be firmer. Wireless internet access is now available throughout the hotel which is a huge plus. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. The hotel provides continental breakfast including sausage, eggs, potato, waffle, oatmeal, cereal, toast, yogurt, and fresh fruits. One thing I was very impressed was that the staffs would keep replenishing food even getting close to the end of breakfast time. Some places I have been don't do that when it's near the end of breakfast hours. Coffee and tea were provided at the lobby all day, which made me and my family feel so welcomed especially after a tired, long day of travel. The foods provided from the social hours were also plenty and nice. My only compliant about this hotel is the insulation. As people walked at the second bedroom above the master bedroom, the noise was crazily loud. No matter how careful we tried to walk, we can definitely hear it. Hope they would have a way to improve it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hicksville, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here June 25th and 26th. I was reading many reviews and trying to stay close to Disneyland. I had a free night from a promotion, so was looking more at Marriot. After reading many reviews on here I was scared to stay in a cheaper hotel. This place was perfect! We checked in and they didnt have the King size room ready but they had a handicapped acssesible which was fine, so we didn't wait for the king. Room 1131, bottom floor on corner. The room was a nice size with sitting area and kitchen. Everything was immaculate! Comfortable bedding! Erica who checked us in was a doll and very helpful. We went to the pool-very nice and relaxing. Plenty of food choices in area. They had El Torito listed on there website- downloaded coupon for free guacamole- but used the BDay coupon instead. Then went to movies and saw Brave :o) Erica printed out all the directions I needed. It was a 10 minute ride to Disneyland. I would definitely reccomend this hotel and stay again! And breakfast had everything and was very good- waffles, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, fruit etc

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not sure how helpful this review will be as we checked in at 11.30 pm and left by 8.00am the next morning. The location was not what we were expecting but since we weren't staying long that didn't matter much to us. The bed was comfy. We fell asleep immediately. We didn't have the free breakfast. The room was clean and for us, that's important.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was on a two-week business trip to Fullerton, California and I had the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn in Placentia, checked in on Monday and out on Friday of the following week and it was a great experience.
The hotel is located at the east end of Kimberly Ave in Placentia, the location is really great because it is minutes away from Fullerton College, about 10 minutes away from Disney Land, 15 minutes away from Angel Station and Honda Center where the Anaheim Angels and Anaheim Mighty Ducks play. There is a motel nearby and then all the other neighbors of the hotel are various businesses so after the working hours it is really quiet at the hotel. All rooms in the hotels are of condo/resort style, usually there are about 8 or so units in each building (4 on each floor) and the doors to the rooms open to the outside, the landscape inbetween buildings are really neatly kept and the parking lots are clean. The rooms come with a full size fridge and a full kitchen with stove, oven, microwave to pots, pans, plates and utensils readily available. There is also a 40" or so flat screen LCD TV in every room with free HBO. The house keeping staff does a good job on keeping the rooms clean and towels and tissue papers well stashed. The hotel also offers a gym, an outdoor pool, a basketball/tennis court that were well maintained. There is also a fire pit in the pool area and BBQ grills located in various areas of the hotel. The front lobby of the hotel has free breakfast everyday of the week and a free dinner buffet Monday through Wednesday with free wine and draft beer, the chef there, Teresa, is a great cook and does a really good job on mixing up the menu (the menu is posted on the fridge door for the whole month). Internet (both wired and wireless) is available in every room, the unit I stayed in was far from the front lobby and I can still get really good signal on my tablet computer.
There are a few things that could improve on. First the toilets in the rooms are extremely small, very uncomfortable to sit on and I'm only 5'9" 170 lbs, I can't imagine how a taller/bigger person would feel about that. The gym inside the front office is really small and it only has 2 standard treadmill machines and one elliptical non-contact stepping machines, basically the only you can do there is cardio. The air condition system in the rooms can be a bit noisy, especially at the moment when it turns on or shuts off it shouts out a loud thud like someone knocking on the wall, and also I'm not sure if the pipes are old or for some other reason but right after the AC shuts off there is a period for about 20 seconds I hear a continuous knocking noise from the walls, at first I thought it was the upstairs neighbor jumping on the floor but after a few times I realized it was coming from AC system inside the wall, though it only lasts about 20 seconds but can be annoy at nights. Last there is only one area on the hotel property where smoking is allowed and it is located on the northside of the hotel past the parking lot, it's really just a picnic table and a trash can there with no roof cover, basically if it rains you won't be able to smoke outside. I'm not a smoker but my coworker that traveled with me is, it was really inconvenient for him to walk all the way across the hotel property to just have a quick cigarette.
Overall it was a great stay for the two weeks I spent in California, there were a lot places to go see nearby and a lot of good restaurants in Fullerton as it being a college town. I picked this hotel to stay because it was recommended by the sponsors of my trip and it turned out to be a winner, if I am ever in the area again for business or pleasure I'd definitely choose the Residence Inn in Placentia again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor can get about 10 degrees hotter than the first floor in the afternoons.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My familty of four stayed at this Residence Inn for a trip to Disneyland. While it was about a 10-minute drive to the park, I am so happy we decided to stay here instead of the congestion of being on top of the park. The staff was friendly and ready to satisfy all of my family's questions and needs. The property is great, pods of condo-style rooms with courtyards, many of which have BBQs. I will stay here everytime I return to the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton? Share your experiences!