“The Best Fine Restaurant in East County” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vallejo, California
“The Best Fine Restaurant in East County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My mother lives in Clayton and we have enjoyed the orginal La Veranda there with her on many occasions. We've hosted many family brunches/lunches/diners.

My wife and I frequented the Liberty Hotel in Pittsburg for many years and were extremely disappointed when it changed hands and then folded. Salt was kicked into our wounds when it opened up as the EJ Phair brewpub. Although we enjoy the live music there, going from the Liberty Hotel - SF style flambe' dining - to a brew pub, was just too much of a letdown.

Then, along came La Veranda. It's wonderfull and the service is excellent. There is nothing else so nice in all of East County.

We only wish that the residents of Pittsburg appreciated it enough to show a little class. Tank tops and flip flops are a bit underdressed for a nice place like this. It isn't "Taquiera Veranda" for crying out loud. But then again, we've seen the same attire at Ruth Chris' in Walnut Creek and there was a Ferrari parked outside in valet parking that night.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pacific Grove, California
“Average food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Was traveling on business and dining alone when I chose La Veranda for dinner. I chose minestrone soup followed by a baked eggplant and penne pasta dish. The soup was good with fresh grated cheese over it but my main course was less than exciting. The tomato sauce was boring and th pasta was over cooked. The service was prompt and very friendly. I would give them another shot in the future.

Pittsburg, California
“Ripped off for a horrible buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I made reservations two weeks early for Easter Sunday, when family was coming from out of town. I told the woman that took my reservation that I had read the great reviews online, and saw what a wonderful menu they offered for both lunch and dinner, and was looking forward to a great dining experience. When we arrived, I was surprised to find that the menu was not being offered, but instead they had a luncheon buffet set up. I figured that with their great menu, this would be probably OK. Wrong. Here is what they offered for $25 per person: a mixed green salad with one choice of dressing (honey mustard herb), cold "antipasto" consisting of baked garlic, olives, crumbled cheese, and roasted peppers (no meats), sliced melons and pineapple, COLD slivers of garlic bread, and in the warmers, scrambled eggs, sausage, steamed mixed vegetables (zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower), cut up roasted potatoes, steamed tilapia, overcooked thin slices of tri tip roast swimming in mushroom gravy, steamed chicken breasts in tomato sauce (laughingly described as "chicken parmigiana", but it had not been fried first, nor was there any cheese, and it certainly had not been baked!). No beverages (coffee, tea, etc) were offered with this plain, insipid tasting meal - those were an extra $2.00 each. A better cooking and more flavorful meal could have been had at the local IHop or Denny's! Obviously the food had been prepared the day before, then simply reheated as necessary for the warming trays. I was embarrassed to have brought my family here, expecting great Italian cuisine! Nowhere on their website was or is there any mention of any change of their menu for Sunday Brunch or for Easter. I was robbed!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sequim, Washington
“Great great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The customer service is great and the atmosphere is very beautiful and romantic. My husband brought me here after when he proposed. The food was amazing! Go here

“Fantastic food and incredible service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I would revisit this Italian restaurant again. I had the fish special and it was fantastic. The special dip for your bread was absolutely delicious. The level of service from the staff was attentive but not overbearing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere