“Can't wait to get back for another stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Pittsburg
“Can't wait to get back for another stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Extremely clean building front to back, very friendly staff, everyone greet you as soon as the lobby door opens! I loved the hospitality! This will be my choice of hotels no matter where I travel for business!

• Stayed February 2013
The_Manager003, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your loyalty.
We do want you to stay with us as well as our Hampton brand hotel around the country. Our consistency and Hamptonality is sure to be experienced in any of our Hampton Hotels.
I'm glad you will stay with our brand from now on. Hope to see you soon at our hotel here in Pittsburg.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fortuna, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I travel to the Antioch area frequently to visit family. We have stayed at several hotels in Antioch, Brentwood and Concord and been dissapointed. Many advertised as three stars on various sites were of two star quality. The Hampton Inn in Pittsburg is right off of the Ca 4 freeway and is close to our daughter's house. Our room was very clean, quiet and spacious. the free breakfast had a lot of options that it would please the pickiest eater. Staff was helpful and courteous. On top of all this the hotel is a perfect base to explore Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco or Jack London Square in Oakland. All were within one hour or less driving time from the hotel. Wine country is not too much farther. The price we paid was comprable to other three stars in the East Bay area but this hotel is a true solid three stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The_Manager003, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the details about the clean quiet and spacious rooms as well as the breakfast options. Our goal is to provide the best service every day with all of our guests; otherwise, we don't expect you to pay. I'm glad you experienced our best and I'm glad that you shared your experience to the world.

We look forward to have you stay with us again.

Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Super clean, friendly staff, wonderful breakfast. My sister lives in Bay Point and recommended we stay in this particular hotel because it is so nice. She was right and we were not sorry. From our welcome, to the cleanliness of the room and just having lovely surroundings, it was a great experience. The decor in the lobby/breakfast area was really lovely and creates a nice ambiance as you enter the hotel. It's a very spacious feeling room. While we didn't use a lot of the amenities, we did look around and everything looked well cared for. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. There were tons of channels on the TV. Sometimes when traveling you don't know what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised to find such a great place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Manager003, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Annie,

We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Besides telling the world that our hotel looks good, you speak great about our team. Each team member is the heart of the excellent service we provide. That helps us to keep the same standards and raise our morale.
Our housekeeping department is phenomenal and we take pride of what we do. Our breakfast attendants not only take care of the guest while they stay with us, but there after by keeping a friendship in the future. Our front desk team is very welcoming and will take care of your needs. We thrive when you as a guest are happy with your stay. What can I say; we got Hamptonality!
I'm glad you chose us the first time and I'm looking forward to your next visit.

Hampton Inn and Suites
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family and I live in L.A., however, I grew up in Pittsburg, and still go back up to visit Pittsburg once a year to visit my mother and sisters. It's finally nice to have a excellent hotel in Pittsburg for my family and I to stay at while we visit. It's not the best location but once you walk inside the hotel you forget which town your in, and the hotel itself is very beautiful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you found us and also we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We work really hard to make your stay enjoyable and we look forward to have you stay with us next time you come to visit your mother and sisters.
We love family reunions, so please don't hesitate if you are planning to have a celebration. We have what you need.
Thank you again for your reviews, we appreciate it!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Check in was simple. I find that traveling on business, I do have to present my Hilton/Hampton card to acrue points. Hailey took my card and entered the information and presented me with a small bag with my choice of drink and snack. The bag was really nice, and I used it the rest of the week to carry snacks and drinks to work with me. She was very friendly and efficient and even helped hunt down a luggage cart to help transport out things.
The room was very clean, with 2 queen beds, a desk, office chair, and a sitting chair. I had a refrigerator and microwave in the room as well as a very nice, large tv. I really enjoyed the Directv channels, as you can continue to watch a show, while surfing for another channel in the guide. Bathroom was modern, with plenty of counter top space and 4 sets of towels. I like having a lot of towels in the room, since I don't like having to have a cleaning person in and out of the room on extended stays at a hotel. Mid way through the stay, I did take the DND sign off the door, and the cleaning service was what I would expect.
The breakfast was very good, with a selection of some sort of hot eggs, meat, or potato every day, along with oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, coffee, and juice. The tables were always clean and the staff person friendly. They always have coffee and hot water for tea or cocoa out at all hours. Monday through Thursday from 5-7pm, they have a happy hour and serve beer or wine along with some chip mix. I saw it out there, but didn't partake.
The have a very nice gym in this hotel, with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, free weight dumbells from 5lb-50 or so, and a weight machine with cables for other exercises. The provided extra towels there, and a water cooler along with enough floor space to really do a good workout without bumping into anyone. I used the gym almost everyday I was there. The only thing to improve that area would be to make sure that the wipes are in stock to wipe off the equipment after using it or to have the staff wipe equipment down, at least once per day.
My only serious complaint was on my second night there, I had some neighbors who were very noisy at 3am. I am a fairly sound sleeper, but it sounded like the party was happening at the head of the bed on the other side of the wall. I really wish hotels didn't lay out rooms so beds are sharing a wall between rooms.
My other minor complaint was not being able to get quarters from the front desk for laundry, as they were out. Put a change machine in the laundry or keep a couple rolls at the desk.
Overall, it was a pleasant place to stay, and I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: odd numbers face the school, even's face the Jack in the Box.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased and impressed of your great review as well as your very detailed review about our hotel.
We do really appreciate to hear your comments from guests like you, because you spread the word to millions of tripadvisor users and it also confirms the great Hamptonality that my entire team strives every day.
We look forward to see you soon and again we thank you for the great comments!

Pacific Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am writing this review before I go to bed... Not looking forward to a good night sleep. When I travel on business I want a consistent room, a quick check-in, and nothing to complain about to staff during my stay. This room is too hot and the thermostat is not working...the Internet crawls at slow speed, and I can't seem to figure out how to use the alarm clock.... Simplicity would be nice!

The young woman that checked me in was fast and courteous. She also told me that I should let her know if I am not 100% satisfied I should let her know.... I am just going to deal with it... I don't want to be bothered I would just prefer to be satisfied without complaining. Enough said....

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
The_Manager003, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your last stay. We apologize for the quality of amenities you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning of the thermostat in your guest suite to our maintenance team. We will resolve the issue but we apologize this was an inconvenience to your stay. In the future, be sure to provide assistance to any guests experiencing issues that we can help with such as Internet speeds or amenity functions. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you return to the area. Thank you again for your review.

Edgewater, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked 3 rooms weeks before specifically asked for a handicap room for my parents ahead of time and when I arrived they did not have the rooms available took over 30 minutes to check in house keeping came to change towels but left all the trash and bed undone that a maitenance guy had to come do our bed and it was so uncomfortable to make things worse the bath tub is very slippery when u take a shower my husband fell and so did my elderly mother and we never received a handicap room I read so many positive reviews I was really looking forward to our stay but I was so disappointed I was there for 2 nights for a family wedding and since we checked in it was one thing or another and management was not helpfully their only response was "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do about it"

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
The_Manager003, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns on your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your comments. I'm very sorry and embarrassed about what you experienced here at our hotel. We want our guests to be met with a clean safe and comfortable room during their stay with us and I'm so, so sorry that this was not the case during your stay. Also my front desk team does their best to accommodate your needs and again I apologize if that didn’t happen while you stayed with us. Your comments were shared with my team and I’m sure it will help us to provide better service next time. We love having you here and I hope we get to serve your lodging needs again.

Hampton Inn and Suites Pittsburg

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg? Share your experiences!