“A picky child's favorite restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

805-773-3535
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 90 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Shell Beach, California
“A picky child's favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is one of the best in our area! My son is a very picky eater but he would eat here every night if he could. We do eat here at least once if not twice a week! Some chefs are better than others but they each have their own unique personality in the way they cook. Sushi is great too!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Avila Beach, California
“Good service - sushi not made-to-order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I came here for sushi and we thought it was pretty good. Service was really good. It seemed like we didn't have one server, it was just a bunch of people stopping by giving us what we needed.

Our sushi rolls came out extremely quickly which made me wonder if they were really made to order. I have a suspicion that they were sitting in a refrigerator since they were all cold and not room temperature...so that was kind of off-putting. But they were all very good. We had the dragon roll, spicy tuna, albacore delight rolls. My fav was the dragon roll.

The views from the restaurant were really nice - especially at sunset.

Ask about the pricing for wine/beer. I didn't see any prices on the menu and it turns out my small glass of wine was $11! Ridiculous!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Not what you would expect at all.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very slow service, the food on a short menu, everything is under cooked. I have visited 2 times and it has not changed. One evening I was the "only" person there. It took 35 min. Just to get my order!

Visited February 2013
arroyo grande
“not cheap, not great, but good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

been here many times, its the clang clang banging metal cooking utensels on grills steak house, the guys are tallented, the food is ok (not worth the high price though... 30 bucks for a small steak?!? 3.75 for a soda?!? ) but the view is very good, can see all of pismo, the beach, the peer, everything up to the avila wall.

Visited January 2013
Clovis, California
“Sushi y mas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great view from the start. Love sitting at the teppan grill for lunch or dinner. No matter what you choose, it will all taste great. Love the sushi too.

• Visited December 2012