“Beachfront Brilliance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
San Francisco, California
“Beachfront Brilliance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely stay at the Cottage Inn. $250/room gave us two large beds easily shared by three friends, free WiFi, heated pool and spa within walking distance, free breakfast in the morning and parking. Beach was a short walk away.

Friendly staff too.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

591 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
manhattan beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for one night during a trip down the coast and while it wasn't cheap, this place is quite comfortable. I'm not sure its good for more than a few nights (small pool area and limited activities) but it was perfect for our needs. It was a great place to sit and enjoy the sun set. Lovely!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I loved my stay at the Cottage Inn by the Sea when I was in Pismo Beach for a weekend wedding back in May. I'm originally from CA but live in Seattle now and the setting of this place served as a wonderful reminder of all the beautiful things I miss about living on the CA coast. The cottages sit atop a cliff that overlooks the ocean; you can see all the way up & down the beach and there are steps close by that take you down to the beach. We took a nice walk down the beach one morning to the pier at Pismo Beach. It was such a great start to the day! At that part of the beach there are lots of great little restaurants and surf shops - felt a lot like being in Santa Cruz to me :)
On the property of the inn there is a lovely lounge area up on the cliffs which was great for sunning and relaxing. But beware - the sun that reflects off the water is intense, so use lots of good sunblock! I got fried sitting outside the first afternoon we arrived :(
Aside from the gorgeous setting the inn itself was very quaint. Our room wasn't one of the ones overlooking the ocean but it was still quite nice and comfortable - a good value I felt. Also, the inn offers a complimentary breakfast and the staff was very friendly.
I would definitely recommend Cottage Inn by the Sea to anyone traveling through the area looking for a casual and leisurely stay on the coast.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very dog friendly, amazing view, clean and cozy. The entire place is really very romantic with fireplace in every room. (only heating source). I enjoyed the private outdoor patio facing the ocean. It was a wonderful place to relax with a glass of wine. The view of the sunset was perfect. The breakfast was simple but good. Great coffee. This location is walker friendly. Lots of restaurants and activities. Staff was great, Jennifer at the front desk was a sweetheart. Take the time to walk down to the beach, it is clean and welcoming.

Room Tip: pay for the ocean side room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were on the way to San Francisco , so we stop for one night, and I'm glad we did. Hotel has a lot to offer. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Location is the best next to ocean,we enjoy out time there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed for one night en route to San Francisco, the staff were very helpful the room was cosy and well equipped with a fridge ,microwave tea, and coffee making facilities. The hotel is situated on the top of a cliff and the views of the pacific are stunning. (It would have been nice if our room overlooked the sea it). The Jacuzzi in the pool was lovely and hot. The complimentary breakfast was ample. I would definitely return if I was in this area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We came to the Cottage Inn to celebrate my daughter's 16th bday, and I can't tell you how impressed my husband and I were with every single aspect of our stay. From the moment we checked in and my daughter saw the sign saying "Happy 16th Birthday," she was on Cloud Nine! The staff had also left a bottle of sparkling cider in her room perched between two towel swans and a birthday card signed by the staff. These kinds of personal touches are what makes the difference between a hotel and a lovely and charming place that we will look forward to returning to every year! My husband and I stayed in Rm 315, which had a very comfortable king size bed, a lovely ocean view and a private seating area outside all to ourselves. While my daughter and her two friends stayed in a separate building, they were really very close to us - a 1 minute walk at most. The spa was very hot, the pool was heated, and the ocean and beach were visible to enjoy without even having to getting sandy! The breakfast included fruit, muffins and danish, yogurt, old-fashioned oatmeal (as opposed to the instant kind), and a waffle iron to make yourself waffles if you were so inclined. The staff were very pleasant, especially Jennifer, and we thought the CIBTS had 5 star service! I would definitely recommended staying here to anyone. We met some honeymooners from England one evening and they were also totally impressed with the choice digs! Overall, a 10 on a scale of 1-5, and I am VERY particular about hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cottage Inn by the Sea? Share your experiences!