Do not be taken in by the website photos, this hotel is one of several hotels and restaurants situated along the cliff top and has hotels either side of it. It does have sea views and a narrow frontage which has been made into a garden of sorts. Advertised as 'English', with the fake beams, roof tiles and non-standard rooms and windows, it is less like a normal American hotel. The evening check-in staff were enthusiastic and friendly and parking is right by your door, or outside staircase. Our room was upstairs with a sea view, the angled roof gave it a spacious feel and the fake log gas fire provided instant warmth. Tea as well as coffee making facilities were provided in the room but we wondered if 8 pillows on the bed were really necessary. We slept well in this comfortable room. The bathroom has a sliding door and robes are provided.
Breakfast next morning was a real let-down; the good impression created by the room and check-in staff was completely spoilt by the breakfast and check-out experiences. Although the Virgin brochure decribed it as 'deluxe', breakfast was more like that in a mediocre English cafe and, adding insult to injury, there was a box labelled 'Tips' when the whole thing was self-service. The check-out staff were off-hand and did not even look at us, let alone ask about our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We promise you a good night’s sleep, but we warn you there’s so much to do nearby, you may not want to sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Cottage Inn by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Inn By The Sea Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cottage Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cottage Hotel By The Sea
- Cottage Inn Pismo Beach