“Perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Chico, California
“Perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed only one night because we were on our way home after travelling for a week. I wish we could have stayed longer. The location is perfect; right on the beach, walking distance to the public pier, downtown restaurants and bars and the walking path along the beach. We happened to be there when it finally decided to rain in CA, so we didn't do a lot of walking, but it would be so nice in the sunshine. The parking is free and the lot in large. The room was also very large (we did not spring for an ocean view) and clean with a counter and mirrored area outside of the bathroom, which is nice. There is a hot tub and a rooftop lounge area, each protected from the wind with plexiglass panels and heaters. So if you want to gaze at the ocean and cannot see it from your room, you only need to step across the hall. The breakfast (included) was plenty (hot/cold cereals, breads, hardboiled eggs, juices, tea/coffee) and the cookies were a treat when we checked in. There was also fruit, but the cookies were much more tempting after a 7 hour drive! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
We are so glad that you found our location perfect and that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very happy as well that you were able to take advantage of our rooftop lounge area and enjoy the sweeping ocean views. Thanks for being our guest.
Roger Wightman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Quiet, peaceful rest. patio door opened out to the ocean waves crashing along the beach. beautiful fire pit area with heaters. continental breakfast was normal nothing special. friendly staff, clean rooms, and plenty of parking.

Room Tip: get ocean view, second floor, first floor could be sketchy as it is by a main street
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
My friendly staff and I are very happy that you were able to enjoy some peace and quite from your clean and comfortable room while also being able to listen to the waves crashing along the shore. And, I am so glad that you enjoyed our fire pit area on the 3rd floor deck as well. Thanks again for being our guest.
Bakersfield, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here twice and love it both times. Love to sit on patio and drink wine and watch the sunset. Beautiful. Breakfast is wonderful. Staff is so nice. Hot tub is great. The room is wonderful and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
My staff and I thank you for being our guest. We are very appreciative of your kind words and are very happy that you fully enjoyed yourself during your stay. I am so glad that you were able to relax with a glass of wine while watching our beautiful Pismo Beach sunsets from your patio as well.
Thanks again.
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed one night in February as a treat after 4 nights in a less desirable property down the coast. The view was stunning, cold, local brews available from the front desk a real treat, furnishings comfortable and room nicely appointed. The rate we were offered was even a bit better than their off season rate posted online, a nice surprise.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious and coffee with cream in the room was appreciated over whitener you see most places. We will make a beeline for this property next time we are in Pismo Beach and will recommend it to anyone who will listen!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I am very pleased that our hotel fully met your expectations and then some, from our local mircobrew offerings to having real cream with your in room coffee. Thank you for being our guest and we eagerly await your return.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The bar was set high by the staff member who assisted me with my initial reservation, which I did by phone. She listened to me as I described my dream room of falling asleep listening to the surf and waking up to the morning light reflecting off the beach. I told her I needed a pet friendly room too. Then I blurted that I wanted to be within walking distance of the pier and the beach town part of Pismo Beach. Viola! She confidently described the full frontal beach view room, second floor, king size bed, pet friendly with a balcony. The reservation was made and the room honestly my Pismo Beach dream place to stay in every way. From check in to check out each staff member showed me (and my dog) every courtesy. The parking was plentiful and secure, but due to the walkability location of the Sandcastle Inn my vehicle stayed parked! The room was very clean and rather posh; I felt like I was a guest at a resort due to the plush towels and even a plush robe to wear while lounging on the balcony which felt like a private beachside cabana. If you plan a visit to Pismo Beach, plan a stay at the Sandcastle Inn!

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a room with a full frontal beach view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I am glad that you discovered our hotel and found it to be your dream place to stay while in Pismo Beach, and that our location and service were stellar. We certainly look forward to having you and your family pet as our guests again and again. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Poplarville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My sister & I stayed here while I was on a visit to California. We had a double full ocean view room. Very Nice! view was wonderful love you can walk to downtown or right onto the beach right from the hotel. Room was clean, bed was comfortable staff was very friendly. Price was reasonable. Will stay again when we visit Pismo

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff in a nice clean room with a comfortable bed. And, that our hotel provided easy access to the beach and downtown area for your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We planned a girlfriends get-away. We had wanted to find someplace on the beach. A quiet little place that we could spend a few days laughing, talking and catching up. And it had to be nice but affordable We found the Sandcastle Inn in Pismo Beach and booked rooms

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. It looked really nice! Check in was easy and the staff were so pleasant. Our rooms were so nice and well appointed. We opened up the sliders on our balconies to wonderful views of the Pacific Ocean
We walked a short distance to a very nice restaurant and had an excellent dinner. Then came back to the inn to enjoy a bottle of wine sitting around the fireplace on the third floor deck.
On the way back to our rooms one of us commented that she was waiting for the other shoe to drop. The inn is so nice and so inexpensive that there had to be a catch. She thought perhaps breakfast might be disappointing
She was wrong! Breakfast was just fine, a nice selection of cereals, waffles, eggs etc.
Overall, this was a great place to stay. Everything at the Sandcastle Inn is just as it should be and at a great price Our friend never did hear the other shoe drop!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to spend your girlfriends get-away with us. We are so very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, including a nice bottle of wine while relaxing on our third floor observation deck. We hope to see you again soon.
Roger Wightman

Been to Sandcastle Inn? Share your experiences!