“Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
Tipton, California
“Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

was perfect for what I was needing which was to get away and relax, Beds were super comfortable, room was very clean, room balcony's were perfect for relaxing and watching the sunrise or sunset. I loved it

Room Tip: I recommend the front full ocean view rooms. If your like me you'll love waking up to that beaut...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
My staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms, and that you were able to fully relax during your stay. We appreciate having you as our guest. Thanks again.

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have been staying at Sandcastle Inn for several years now. I usually stay for business. I receive many offers to stay at other hotels, but cannot imagine leaving the amazing views and kind and helpful staff. Because I am usually on business, the free WiFi is essential and not available at all hotels. The option of down pillows is really a plus that some guests do not know about. And I cannot say enough about "the room with a view".

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
As a business traveler, your honest review of our hotel is much appreciated. I am glad that our staff, service levels and amenities meet your full expectations. Thank you.
El Segundo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My Wife, Daughter and I have been staying here for years on our way back to LA on the 101 coming from my Mom and Dads house in San Rafael. Every stay has been the best so much so that we stay two night now to unwind from the Holidays. Great Staff, Accomidations & Free Breakfast (more than just a continental). Oh and the location is to die for... Right on the beach and walking distance to everything local !!! Take a walk along the beach or go see the Monarch Butterfly Reserve! One for the bucket list !

Room Tip: Oceanfront or Family Suites. Balconies are great but not required if you are on a budget!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I am so happy that you always fully enjoy your stay with us and are able to fully relax and unwind after the holidays. Thank you for being our loyal guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Sandcastle Inn is perfectly located on the beach. We loved stepping right outside to sit on the beach or to walk to the pier and town. We stayed in a queen double room on the ground floor. The view was very good, but I wasn’t comfortable leaving the slider open at night, so it did get a bit stuffy in the room. The first floor patio is the perfect place to have breakfast. The third floor deck was great for happy hour – and watching the sunset.
We discovered a few excellent restaurants nearby… Zorro’s in Shell Beach and Gina’s Italian in Arroyo Grande.
We will be back!

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms(less expensive) are in a separate building adjacent to the main building. T...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
My staff and I appreciate having you as our guest. We are so happy that you enjoyed breakast in the morning and our beautiful Pismo Beach sunsets in the evening from our uniquely situated patio decks. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is the perfect place to be able to sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of the ocean. We had an ocean front room and spent our mornings and afternoons on the patio overlooking the beach. The breakfasts were great and served in a very nice room with lots of windows. A special treat was the afternoon cookies. The only drawback is the lack of air conditioning. Our room got a little warm (even though it was December), but there was a fan available in the closet. All in all, we had a great time and will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for being our guest and for letting us be your perfect relaxation spot in Pismo Beach. We are glad that you enjoyed your special afternoon cookie treats as well and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Sincereky,
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Sandcastle Inn in Pismo Beach over thanksgiving week. When we arrived the air was very cool and crisp. You could hear the waves crashing and I was already feeling so relaxed.

We check in and they had a special going on so we got to pick from a small list of wines. They gave us two wine glasses, wine bottle and a little box of candy. It was just such a nice treat to receive. So we go to our room and I was happy to see how nice it was. Then I walked. over to the glass sliding door and opened it and looking over the ocean and people on the beach was so great. It was great to just hear the waves as I was sitting on the balcony with my iPad.

We had a great time over the 3 days we spent there. For November the days were warm it was in the 70's and we were able to walk along the beach and around town. There were so many sea shells and sand dollars along the beach. It was beautiful. The nights were colder and windy but so wonderful.

They had a nice farmers market along the sidewalk towards the beach. I bought the best and freshest carrots there along with lettuce and strawberries. There was salsa and chips and different jellies too. We bought many things even jewelry too.

I know my family enjoyed the time we spent there as much as I did. We were relaxed and enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back next thanksgiving.

• Stayed November 2013
I am happy that you were able to fully relax and enjoy your stay with us. It's so great to see folks on vacation take advantage of all that our hotel and Pismo Beach has to offer. We truly appreciate having you as our guest.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Nestled in a residential area of Pismo Beach is the Sandcastle Inn, where you will find everything you need. From gorgeous sunset oceanfront views from your balcony to full American Breakfast each morning. The jacuzzi has a beautiful view of the ocean as does the fireplace lounge area on the 3rd floor. Each room comes with a mini fridge so you can bring your own snacks since there is no restaurant on the property. This is, by far, my new favorite hideaway.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We appreciate having you as our guest. We are so glad that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and do look forward to having you as our guest again at your new favorite hideaway.
Roger Wightman

Been to Sandcastle Inn? Share your experiences!