“Nicest hotel of our trip” 4 of 5 stars

Stay & Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Nicest hotel of our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I would give it 5 stars, except we won't pay for the most expensive places, so adjust accordingly knowing this was also not the cheapest place. We had a room on the north side with an ocean view, slightly soft but comfortable beds. More spacious and fresh and clean feeling than last hotel we visited. Complimentary cookies at check-in. Lots of "incidentals" to be aware of. Breakfast had standard options minus cooked eggs (hardboiled yes), but a delicious yogurt parfait option with berries and granola. They also had local wines and brews for sale if you need a gift for your dog sitter:) Front desk staff very nice, but overheard another customer suggest cleaning staff may have stolen from her room when she mistakenly left a service request door hanger and her wallet out in the open. good fences make good neighbors and not everyone tells the truth, and that all goes both ways so be responsible. I personally could have stayed a week. some kids with skateboards were outside for awhile, but overall it was peaceful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
I am so happy that you had an overall peaceful and enjoyable stay with us. We would love to have you back for a week so you can truly enjoy all that our hotel and Pismo Beach has to offer.
Roger Wightman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Sandcastle and loved it! It's right on the beach,room was facing the water, beautiful sunsets,great breakfast "included", great location, front desk has beer & wine to buy, no need to leave the beach area...close to many restaurants. Hope to go back one day!

Room Tip: MUST get a room facing the water NOT parking lot
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for being our guest. We are happy that you truly enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer. We would love to have you as our guest again.
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is well located for enjoying Pismo Beach. I enjoyed walking out of my room and onto the beach or the pier or to local restaurants. They have a roof top deck, a hot tub looking out over the beach and even offered a wine tasting from a local winery. The staff was excellent. We had two adults and three kids in our party and they arranged for us to have a roll away bed that was actually a nice twin bed. I left stuff in my room and they mailed it back to me. Their great service is the reason I've given this four stars! The room itself could be improved. We were in the back building, separate from the main hotel. We had a nice patio with a sideways ocean view but we could hear every footstep of the people in the room above us and also the water running when they took showers. There were patches of black mold growing on the ceiling of the bathroom. All in all, the room was not what I would expect in this price range.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
While I am happy that you enjoyed our customer service and our location, I was truly sorry to hear that your room was not fully up to par. While I can assure you that this has been corrected, please contact me directly so that I can resolve this aspect of your stay to your full satisfaction.
Sincerely, Roger Wightman
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Probably the best location in Pismo Beach but at almost $400 a night for a room with 2 beds it was WAY overpriced. Room was nice but has seen better days. Paid half this price at almost every other place and got more bang for the buck. Suggest you shop around for options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am glad that you liked our room and beachfront location. I appreciate your feedback and will consider it moving forward.
Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wow, what can I say? Great weather, great hotel and great employees. We visit the hotel every year during the middle of August. The employees make us feel like family. I get to work in the mornings and then relax in one of the most enjoyable rooms available. We have a king size bed with a living room and dining area with a small kitchen. Oh, did I mention the fireplace? My wife and I spent our 10th Wedding anniversary at the Sandcastle Inn back in 2010 and we have been returning every since.
Book your room today. Walking distance to downtown and restaurants and it is located just south of the Pismo pier.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and our great employes. We very much appreciate having you you as part of our Sandcastle Inn family.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a fine limited-service hotel, but not quite as nice as the web site would lead you to believe. The location on the beach is excellent. The room was clean, albeit with a slight smell of cigarette smoke, and the breakfast was fine. But I thought it was over-priced. Then again, I think all of Pismo Beach is over-priced, so it's priced according to its market.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed our rooms and proximity to the beach. I will certainly consider your additional feedback moving forward.
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here Independence Day weekend (first week of July) for only a day due to a event going on at Avila Beach. Although we didnt get an ocean view room, the location was perfect with it being next to the beach! Totally regret not going to the actually beach :(

The room was so cute! We seriously didn't want to leave. It was so spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was how the showers were set up. The only thing keeping the floor from being soaked was a shower curtain. The floor was already soaked when we got in but we didn't mind it. Other than that, our stay was fantastic. The people at the front desk were so generous and even offered us to take alot of fruits and cookies!

We will be coming back soon to actually explore Pismo :)!!! Thank you Sandcastle Inn!

• Stayed July 2013
I am so glad that you truly enjoyed your first visit with us and do look foward to your return visit again soon.

Roger Wightman

Been to Sandcastle Inn? Share your experiences!