“Two Stays In a Week” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
San Francisco
“Two Stays In a Week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here twice, one the way to and from San Diego from San Francisco.

I had a Partial View King (301) and a Queen/Queen Ocean Front which was $10 more. I would definitely recommend opting for the Ocean Front Room. While both rooms were nice, the Partial View room was quite near the freeway and I had a lot of traffic noise when I opened the balconey door (although it was fine with the door closed.)

The Ocean Front room was very nice, balconey with nice chairs, overlooking the lawn and ocean.

Free WiFi -- always a plus.

Checkin was courtous and quick.

I'm sure the prices go up substantially in summer but in February the rates were around $100.

The location of this property is on the north end of Pismo so unless you're dining at their restaurant you'll need to drive. If you stay there, they offer breakfast for $5 although I didn't eat there.

Room Tip: The property is close to the freeway so opt for an Ocean Front room to be away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'm a local here and stay here about once a year or so. The view is spectacular, there's a good restaurant/bar onsite (lobster/shrimp tacos are great), and the rooms are comfortable and have everything you need.

Room Tip: I usually pick an upstairs ocean view room with a balcony -- rooms farther to the north are farther...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

this place is far from what they advertised, they advertised as the rooms being renovated, not true, unless they did it with the help of a thrift store, the comforters is out dated, looks like something from the 80's, the pillow shams were ripped at the zipper, yet they still put them on the bed, the chair was dirty and stained, and coushion was ripped, the walls are a deli mustard yellow, something from the 80's,

The staff never smile , and they don't as for id for duplicate keys, pretty scary they can give out keys to any one who ask, and you can be wiped clean!! Even motel 6 ask for id!!

they have no direct beach acess, you have to walk like 4 hotels down, to get to the beach,

They have bottled water avaiable in the room for a charge, you think when you splurge on a ocean view rooms they would offer them for free to their guests!!

house keeping needs to pay attention to details, my glass closet door was dirty, as well with my sliding glass door,

the room has poor lighting, they need a lamp near the chair so you can curl up next to the fire place, and enjoy a good book!!

the spa was really nice and hot, but only half the jets worked, they advertised a heated pool,, not sure about that still felt cold to me!

the hotel really need to renovate their rooms before they loose more customer, i happen to over my up stairs neighbors looking for a new hotel because they were also disapointed in the decor

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Spyglass Inn. We apologize that your stay was an unpleasant one. I do assure you that we are looking into your comments to make sure that we do our best for every guest in the future. We pride ourselves on our great customer service scores and always do our best to provide a quality product. We hope to be your hospitality provider in the future.
PORT HUENEME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed here many times, year after year and never been disappointed. The rooms are clean, the beds are exceptional for a truly restful night and the staff is always helpful and friendly.
The location is very con venient if you are visiting the college (Cal Poly), going wine tasting (there are over 300 wineries in the area) , attending meetings, or just planning a get-away, this is the place. They have an excellent restaurant on the premises for your convenience.

Room Tip: If you love the ocean, choose an ocean view room!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had many choices of properties to choose from for my special weekend getaway for my sweetheart and myself. I live 2600 miles away and could only rely on the websites and phone conversations with the hotels when I was trying to choose one. The staff at the Spyglass Inn were very helpful, friendly and went out of their way to insure all my questions and concerns were answered. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked-out everything was better than I expected. Beautiful property, great staff and great rates! We drove around and looked at the other hotels I was considering and by far the Spyglass was the best choice.

Petaluma, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

What more do you need? Peaceful, comfortable. Separate sitting area at fireplace. Clean room. Bathroom was a shower only, but that's all we use anyway. Check in and check out friendly and quick. On site restaurant was good, but nothing special. Diffinitely would return if traveling through the area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are mostly oceanfront with fireplace. Second floor has balcony - better view but n...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for only one night, but found it very cosy and accommodating. The staff were friendly and attentive to any problems we had. The room itself was very well presented and the beds amazing for a motel. I did ask for a ocean view when we arrived and was told it would cost an extra $70, so we gave that amiss as the sun was already setting.
Give the restaurant a miss and try heading into town.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room and could hear every movement from above, so get a second floor room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Spyglass Inn? Share your experiences!