“Best Hotel on Pismo Beach” 5 of 5 stars

SeaVenture Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Ocean View Ave, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #7 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
Hanford, California
“Best Hotel on Pismo Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had made reservations online for our 20th anniversary weekend. When we arrived we found out that we had made reservations for the wrong day. The staff at the hotel were very accommodating and made reservations for the days we wanted without charging us for cancelling the previous dates. The rooms were exceptional and very clean. Although they were quite small, they were big enough for two. The rooms had everything except a microwave. The spa on the not so private balcony was wonderful. If you want a private balcony be sure to ask for a room facing the beach. Rooms on the side of the hotel still have a ocean view but do not have privacy (neighbors across street can see everything). Beds are comfortable and clean. All in all a very very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: if your there for a "romantic weekend" make sure you get a room facing the beach (no third...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear bcrewsn01,
Happy 20th Anniversary! I'm sure finding that there was a mix-up with your reservation was a bit frightening at first, but I'm so glad we were able to work everything out and accommodate you for the correct dates.
Thank you for your compliments regarding our cleanliness and comfortable beds, these are both things we pride ourselves in. Hopefully we'll welcome you back for many future anniversary celebrations! And, please let the reservationist know you'd like a microwave, we have some available to set up in your room.

SeaVenture Staff and Management

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Great experience. Great staff. Restaurant was outstanding. Beautiful beach and great view. They earned my business for life. If you want a great on the beach resort this would be a smart choice. If you're looking online and making your decision based on trip advisor, know that this was one of the nicest resorts on the beach.

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a quick two day getaway. Awesome location, comfy beds, and yummy resteraunt. Happy hour is the best here. Larry's the man for an awesome relaxing massage....I will defiantly be back and will recommend this cozy place to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014
Knottingley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst touring the pacific coast, the room wasn't very big but adequate for a couple of nights. The bed was very high felt like I needed step ladders to get in but extremely comfy. The room was very well equipped and the complimentary bottle of wine was a lovely touch as was breakfast delivered to our room in a picnic basket. We ate in the hotel restaurant which has spectacular views and amazing food. We had a side room and I could just see the ocean would have loved to stay in an ocean view room, hope I get chance to stay again one day.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I live in the fun city of San Diego which is awesome but I will give up any weekend to come to the Sea Venture! Seriously, this place is our favorite spot when I come back to the central coast to visit. As compared to hotels in San Diego, You get more bang for your buck here. I got the special (sun-thur) and brought my BF here for his birthday. Got a tasty bottle of wine, king feather bed, balcony with hot tub and fireplace! You cannot get that anywhere in SD for the affordable price of 139+ taxes. Its so relaxing, an afforadble luxury that I dont feel was wasted. Waking up to see the ocean with my white robe on was so worth it! The only con i have is that I couldnt stay an extra night!

Room Tip: King feather deluxe spa room! Amaze!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed at Sea Venture for an overnight romantic stay. We were given a room with a partial ocean view, king sized featherbed, fireplace, and private balcony hot tub.

Although the room was small, it had plenty of storage for our things. The bed was super comfy and the fireplace was a nice touch that added to the romance. The hot tub on the balcony also added to the romantic atmosphere and the partial view of the beach/ocean was a plus.

Our room was literally right next to the SeaVenture Restaurant and I was worried that we'd be up all night hearing people come in and out. I need not have worried because we didn't hear a thing.

SeaVenture hotel is truly a hidden gem and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mammoth Lakes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great hotel for a stay in Pismo. I have been going to Pismo every summer since I was a kid and have stayed in numerous hotels in town. My husband and I decided to splurge on a night at the SeaVenture after a night camping, and we were definitely impressed! The room was big and the bed was super comfy! We made use of the hot tub on the balcony, which was really nice. They aren't big hot tubs, and you can't really see the ocean when you're in them, but it was certainly a nice touch! The hotel also has free beach cruiser biked to take out for a spin, which was great fun. Rode all the way down to shell beach for sunset. Quite a memorable stay! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SeaVenture Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!