“Lovely hotel right on the beach” 4 of 5 stars

SeaVenture Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Ocean View Ave, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #7 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
Worcester
“Lovely hotel right on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Unfortunately we were just using Pismo Beach as a one night stop off during a fly/drive holiday. However, what we did see of the hotel and its location was lovely. It is right on the beach and you can rent out bicycles to ride along the promenade. The rooms were lovely and coffee/tea/toiletries were provided. One negative though was that there was a leak coming from the ceiling of the hallway outside our room...

We would stay in the hotel again though if we were to visit Pismo Beach again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are so pleased you chose us as your stopover along the coast. If your travels bring you back to California, we hope to see you again.

SeaVenture Resort Staff and Management

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Central Coast, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I made our annual anniversary celebration getaway (we live about 20 minutes away) to the Sea Venture this week and had another wonderful stay. We heard the property was under new management and were so glad to find everything from the room, to the service, to the restaurant remained top-shelf!

We splurge a bit and get the beach front rooms which are amazing. The view right on the beach, watching the surfers in the morning and the beautiful sunsets really made our anniversary a special one once again. We had dinner two of the nights at the restaurant and were able to sample a number of their small plates, a couple we hadn't had before....everything was delicious. It was nice to enjoy some live jazz, too!

We'll be back for sure and look forward to the wonderful, relaxing and special place we enjoy so much!

Dan and Jacqui

Room Tip: Rooms towards the beach side, or if you can swing it, one of the beach front rooms are just amazing.
Dan and Jacqui,
Thank you so much for your review and for your loyalty to the SeaVenture to celebrate your anniversary with us annually.
We are pleased you had an opportunity to meet our new General Manager, Mark, who has now been with us for a few months and looks forward to continuing the success of the SeaVenture!
We agree, there really isn't anything quite like the views from our ocean view rooms. We are also glad you had an opportunity to try some food in our restaurant that you hadn't previously sampled.
Thanks again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

SeaVenture Staff and Management
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent 2 nights in the top category room (Full sea view with a hot tub on the balcony). Yes it was quite expensive but worth the money. We spent a lot of time in the hot tub, it was a great break after the first week of our road trip (SF and Carmel).

Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed in Pismo Beach and thought that I had been to the best.

Thankfully, Travelzoo had a deal that was too good to pass up at the SeaVenture. My wife and I stayed at a Pismo place on the cliffs on our last visit to Pismo, but this sea-level property has a gorgeous view in its own right. In addition, it is within close walking distance to some very cool family-owned restaurants and fun shops, as well as the municipal pier.

The service at the hotel is magnificent and warm, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff and on to the SeaVenture restaurateurs (I wrote a separate review for the dining room).

Rooms are not huge, but are accommodating. The heavy green walls are a bit garish and overpowering, but the beds are comfortable, the fireplace warm and ambient, and the spa is so relaxing that there should be a sign on the wall that reads, "Don't drink and tub." Seriously, it's so relaxing, one could drown in there. Ahhhhhhh.....

A great property that is truly one of our all-time favorites. If you are used to getting Priceline or Hotwire deals for under a hundred bucks like we are, It can be pricy, but as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for."

Worth every penny...

Room Tip: Look for the Travelzoo deal, which includes a free breakfast delivered to your room, a complimentary...
Turlock, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just got back from staying at the Sea Venture for 3 nights Oct 8-11, 2013. We have been staying at the San Castle right next door every year for the past 24 years or so, but this great deal on Travel Zoo gave us a great opportunity to visit the Sea Venture. First of all both hotels have world class non-obstructed views of the ocean if you choose that room, so that is a wash (no pun intended) . Rooms are about the same size. I always see reviews of consumers wanting larger rooms in great locations like this, well that doesn't happen unless you pay $$$$. The breakfast is a different arrangement. The Sea Venture offers a nice breakfast delivered to your room. I must say the food was delicious, fruit chilled, eggs warm, coffee hot, delivered at your choice of times, on time. At the Sand Castle the breakfast is restruant dining also a nice selection, with a great views of the ocean. So that is different. All rooms at the Sea Venture had both a fire place and hot tub on the deck. That was very nice. The only rooms at the Sand Castle that offer a fireplace is the suite and I think there are only two and they cost more, ofcourse. There are no private hot tubs. Service at both places is great although the afternoon warm baked cookies at the Sand Castle is a nice touch. On the other hand, the deck chairs for the beach, towels and bike use at the Sea Venture was very nice...So maybe I've confused you, but one thing for sure, generally speaking, both places are very nice and if you can swing an off season deal the deal is even sweeter. It will leave you with some extra spending $$$ to eat at the best place in Pismo, Rosas. Or, be a hero and bite the bullet and take your babe to the Shopping Outlet stores down at the next off ramp. Hope I've given my fellow trip advisor friends some ideas for a great vacation...Happy travels

Room Tip: If you get a non-ocean view at the Sea Venture, it's really a good thing because you don't h...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear DaveTurlock_ca,
Thank you for reviewing the SeaVenture after your recent stay with us. I always love to read that our special deals, such as the Travelzoo one you received, give new guests an opportunity to try us for a first time.
Your review was so thorough, and a very accurate comparison of us and our neighboring hotel the SandCastle Inn. We are very different, yet very similar in many ways and I couldn't have said it better myself!
Thanks again for your review, and we hope you'll come back to visit us again!

SeaVenture Staff and Management
Stuck in the Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Excellent! Was there 10-25 & 10-26 2013. Excellent location and nicely furnished. Can I just say that I loved this hotel. The hot tub with robes was such a nice touch. The rooms have a refrigerator that is stocked with beverages and they have an "honor bar" with snacks that you fill out indicating what you used and you take that sheet of paper with you to check out. Even their bars of soap smelled so good. What turned out to be a spectacular surprise was the bar/restaurant. I did not have enough time, only 2 days to enjoy their food. They have small plates and during happy hour it was 3 plates for virtually the price of 2. You can make a meal off of that. Their food was wonderful. No kidding I wished I had an extra day there. They also had a very good jazz band perform on Wed evening. Happy hour was from 4-6 pm with good prices on drinks and appetizers. I asked for a dodo Italian restaurant in town and they told me of one ( sorry I cannot remember the name again but they were spot on- really good food). I also need to mention that when we were in the bar/restaurant they seemed to have a lot of locals so that should tell you something. I was able to walk over a couple of blocks to browse the shops. Really nice lady in the jewelry shop that has very reasonably priced costume jewelry store that is a few doors down from a saltwater taffy store. Another store sells very good smelling home made soaps. I meant to return and buy some but forgot. :-( My husband and I used this place as a stop over to go to Hearst Castle and Elephant Seal Rookery. We were also going to use this place as a launching spot to go to sequoia for the day but....given the all day drive vs. relaxing at this hotel it was not a difficult choice. Had the hotel bend a dump, then I would have gone to Sequoia. I enjoyed feeding the birds on the beach and just enjoying watching the waves, the surfers, the people, watching the dogs enjoy running on the beach and the fresh air. I'm not sure if I will return to this region of California but if I did, then I would most definitely look forward to coming here. Also we found everyone to be nice, reservation desk staff, female bartender - Lena and even the male chef that worked at the kitchen area of the bar. Thank you for a nice 2 day layover and away from the hustle of LA-Hollywood.

Room Tip: I had room 327 which looked over a partial parking lot and partial ocean view but I didn't reque...
Horsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was alright. Easy to find, plenty of secure covered parking and located right on the beach. The check in was efficient but not especially welcoming and we were not advised about their restaurant. The room was good and well furnished and the hot tub an added bonus. We had paid for a sea view in order to sit on the balcony sipping something exotic to watch the sunset over the Pacific. It sets in the blink of an eye in these parts so don’t blink. The morning was very misty. Neither of these natural phenomena were the fault of the hotel of course. Thought the breakfast was a bit naff and stingy being allowed to choose just four things with extras charged at $2 a throw. At £250 English pounds for one night this was the most expensive hotel on our entire trip and for that it should have been rather more than alright.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SeaVenture Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!