“Simply Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Simply Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've stayed at countless hotels all over but The Sea Venture Resort definitely has taken the #1 spot in my book. 1st when you drive up, you couldn't ask for a better location, just off the 101 freeway and literally on the beach. I was taken back by the accessibility to the beach, just a few steps from the lobby. The front desk staff was extremely welcoming and friendly and were always available and prompt if and when I had a question during my stay. The ambience of the resort was very relaxing and comforting and with personal hot tubs to soak in on the balcony, it just made my trip all worth it! Although there are plenty great eating spots in the area, I decided to take advantage of the in house dining at their restaurant upstairs and the meal I chose was absolutely amazing. I couldn't have asked for better weather on a weekend and that was the cherry on top. Needless to say this is my favorite hotel on the central coast and will definitely be returning ASAP....hope this review helps you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Can't say enough great things about our stay here in April 2013. We booked a room on the 2nd floor with the private hot tub on the balcony that said it had no ocean view, but to our pleasant surprise, our balcony did have a side view of the ocean!

The room was clean, bed was so comfy, staff extremely friendly and helpful, and enjoying the complimentary bottle of champagne in the hot tub was heaven! We watched the sunset while dining at the SeaVenture's upstairs restaurant where they have many tables with ocean views, and we even received a coupon for the restaurant when we checked in. The beach is right outside the front of the hotel and the Pismo Pier and amazing Splash Cafe is just a couple minute walk along the boardwalk. We didn't take advantage of the complimentary cruiser bikes, but it's just incentive for us to come back in the near future and stay again! Close to everything and exceeding all our expectations, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Our room with the "balcony and private hot tub with no view" actually DID have an ocean vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear EllieJean3,
Thank you for your kind and thorough review! Thanks to our location, many of our "non view" rooms actually do have a peak of the ocean from the balcony, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy that.
We are so thrilled to read that the SeaVenture exceeded all your expectations, and also can't wait for you to come back to stay with us!

Best,
SeaVenture Resort Staff and Management
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stay in Pismo Beach at least once a year and have been doing so for 30 years. We love Pismo! We came across a deal offered through Groupon for the Sea Venture Hotel so took advantage of it. We have looked at the Sea Venture as a possible hotel to stay in but the rates had discouraged us. We always thought of it as a 'top' hotel in the area. Location is awesome, right on the beach, although not all rooms have ocean view. It is also within walking distance of pier area and tourist shopping. The let down came with the cleanliness of the rooms. Just expected rooms to be better cleaned. Food items and stains on the carpet, stain on bedspread. I am not a picky person but for this property I expected more. I do have to say manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. We will not stay there again though. Location is great, staff great but rooms were a let down.

Room Tip: Second floor, ocean view
Hi SandyAnn51,
Thank you for your review of the SeaVenture.
I appreciate you taking a leap and giving the SeaVenture a chance after visiting Pismo Beach for so many years. I'm glad you found the staff and management to be friendly; we really do have a great guest services team!
It is very unsettling for me to read that our hotel had let down your expectations. Food on the floor and stains on the bedspread are certainly inexcusable, and also very out of the norm for us. Our Executive Housekeeper and housekeeping staff all take great pride in the cleanliness of our guest rooms and I am sorry that we had fallen so short.
We'd love for you to give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves, and prove that our standards are much higher than what you received. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Meghan@seaventure.com so we may discuss further.

Meghan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel the day before Christmas Eve (the inlaws live in arroyo grande). It must have been an "offseason" night as our rate was way under $200. At the price we paid, I would definitely recommend this hotel. I was bracing myself for the worst because of the reviews, but the hotel was clean, nicely decorated, the jacuzzi on the terrace was great. It was a chill central coast day and the hot tub felt amazing.
We dined at the restaurant which had amazing views of the ocean. I hope to make this hotel an annual tradition to have some relaxation before the craziness of family time and holidays happens.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I state cat the Seaventure for two nights and took advantage of their spring break special. I stayed in a non view room with double beds. There was no public restroom in the lobby, but the front desk was very kind about allowing me to use an employee only restroom. The front desk was always great and accommodating. There is beach access from the lobby and a cute area with coffee and coaches and gifts for purchase. The hotel offers their guests beach chairs and use of bikes. They also let our kids take a sand bucket to play with. The hallway near the room was really dark and dated. The rooms were ok but the beds were small, but comfortable. There was no refrigerator. There was a hot tub on the patio, which was great and the kept it clean and refilled with water each day. Overall the stay was good and the location awesome.

• Stayed April 2013
Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you want to stay at a hotel where you can roll out of bed and walk right onto Pismo's unpretentious and relaxed beach, SeaVenture is the place to go! The location, staff, and cuisine pair perfectly with the culture of Pismo Beach. If staying in Pismo, this is THE only place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Day 2 of our anniversary weekend took us to the SeaVenture. I was a little worried because online pics usually over exaggerate but the pics on Groupon captured it perfectly. With emphasis on a casual romantic beach vibe we could not have picked a better place with the beach right outside the front door and at the heart of all Pismo beach has to offer it could not have been a better location! Everything else fell slightly short of perfect but was still a high 3 stars. The fireplace was nice but with the room being a little small it heated things up a little too much. Jacuzzi wasn't fabulous but was still a great addition. Bed was great! Nice bathrooms. No AC!!!! Kinda sucked but we had a ceiling fan and the weather was nice enough to keep the balcony door cracked so I was able to deal. Breakfast in bed was very nice. All in all, by no means a four star resort but a great little romantic find, and yes, I would stay again. Thank you SeaVenture!!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to SeaVenture Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!