“Fantastic location and beach.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Welcome Bottle of Wine!
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Brisbane
“Fantastic location and beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

At first I was a little dubious about this hotel as it looks terrible from the outside. However on check in I asked if there was any beach front rooms and for a minimal fee I upgrade. Well worth the additional amount. We had a spa on the balcony and sat on the balcony and watched the sun set with champagne looking over the beach. The room is very clean and lovely. I would stay here again if I could. Looks can be deceiving.
They offered a continental breakfast delivered in a basket to your room each morning and left outside your door.
Can not beat this location, fantastic

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked this a week before Labor day weekend and the only room available was a non-ocean view. This hotel is right next to a hotel that I've stayed before, The Sandcastle Inn. This was definitely a better hotel choice for a weekend getaway with the bf. Check in was a breeze. The room we stayed in was on the second floor with a hot tub on the balcony and a fireplace. If you craned your neck just so, you can see the ocean. It's walking distance to all the restaurants in town and to the pier. We also went to the restaurant upstairs which had a nice non-smoking patio and happy hour everyday. Drinks and the food were good. I would come back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here as a stopover as we were travelling from San Fran to Los Angeles.

The hotel had parking, is on the beach, and had lots of lovely extras such as the wi-fi, beach towels, beach chairs, papers, bicycles, champagne and cheeseboard in our room (which by the time we checked in at 5.30pm wasn't at it's best!)

The staff are young and friendly.

The room itself was small, and we had opted to not have a sea view, so the view wasn't great! Hot tub was fun to have. Shower was fine.

Breakfast arrived in a picnic basket, there were some good choices and we thought it was excellent.

Restaurant was very good, we did go elsewhere on the first night as we didn't like the sound of the live music, but the night we did go we timed it with the sunset and had a good meal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The SeaVenture looked a little funky in pictures, but I booked a room based on reviews. I was very pleased. The rooms are small, but beautifully decorated and cozy. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I especial
Loy enjoyed the fireplace and balcony. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night on a trip up highway 1. It was a place where we would quite like to have stayed an additional night. Seemed a nice beech etc but didn't get to make the most of it. It was easy to find, not far off highway 1 and right on the beach. It had covered parking which was included with a $5 or something like that resort fee which also included wifi and papers. We were given a voucher for a bottle of wine or champagne free on arrival, which we just had to call reception and it was brought to our room. I'm not sure if this is normal or because it was part of our honeymoon, but was a nice touch. If doing a trip up highway 1 then I would recommend for a good stop off point.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed a weekend here a couple months ago and it was simply amazing!! It was easy to find with plenty of parking and check-in was a breeze. The first thing we did was take the complimentary beach cruisers that the hotel had for a spin. They even have tandem cruisers! It was a blast! Heidi & Brittany and the rest of the front desk staff were so helpful & just absolutely wonderful. They all took excellent care of us which made our vacation all the more relaxing. Sitting in our own hot tub on our very private balcony staring out at the Pacific Ocean and the beauty of Pismo Beach is something I will never forget. But I think my favorite part was our picnic basket breakfast delivered to our room, DEFINITELY well worth the $5 per person. I loved being able to stay in my pajamas, eat breakfast to the sound of the waves, then climb back into that huge fluffy king size bed and take a little morning nap until the fog burnt off. The whole experience was amazing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
It sounds like you got to sample a little bit of everything here at SeaVenture Resort; from bicycles, to the view, to breakfast in bed! Additionally, it is always so wonderful to receive such positive feedback regarding our guest service staff; Heidi, Brittany and the whole crew really care and I'm honored to see that it shows. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to many more in the future!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stopped one night during our journey south on Highway 1. Parked in their covered garage, easy to find and navigate. Check in was fast and room was decent enough. Had a partial ocean view room, which was lovely and the hot tubs really are divine, especially if you have been driving for hours on end. Rooms are a very dark green, so can feel smaller than they are (light blue in my opinion would look so good against that white furniture!)
We were exhausted so ended up ordering room service. I ordered the Margherita pizza, which was described as having chopped basil, tomatoes and pesto sauce (am a vegetarian) When it arrived it had chopped chicken and what tasted like coriander on it. I didn't want to make a fuss by sending it back, as I was so hungry, so I spent a long time picking off all the chopped chicken.
We had ordered breakfast baskets next day as we had to be off by 7am, but again food a let down. My grapes had mould on them, the melon was frozen and dry and the sweet muffin was just a nut muffin.
Location is great, just off the highway and easy to get back on the road. We would stay here again, but would probably go out to eat somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
So happy to read you enjoyed the location of our hotel, the view from your room, and that the hot tub was so relaxing after your long drive. Our covered parking and hot tubs are important amenities that help us stand apart from other accommodations in the area.
However, I'm terribly sorry to read about your experience with the food quality, both at dinner and breakfast. I can certainly understand how frustrating it is to receive an incorrect meal, especially when you are so hungry after a long drive. Our Margherita Pizza should certainly be vegetarian, so I apologize for our error in preparing it.
We hope you enjoyed your trip along the California Coast and if you come back our way will visit us again!