“Oceanfront Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
San Jose, California
“Oceanfront Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have been staying at Spyglass Inn for years, but fell in love with Seacrest Oceanfront hotel. Free continental breakfast, Wi-Fi & bottled water are a big plus. We asked nicely & were upgraded to an oceanfront room next to the suites. Rooms have bright modern decor and the overall property is well maintained & clean. The balcony outside our room had the most amazing views and was a delight to hang out for a drink or just to soak the sun. The outdoor seating with the fireplace is great for socializing & chillin'. Staff is courteous and go out of their way to take care of their guests. Will make it our new go to place in Pismo Beach.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We arrived after driving for 11 hours including through a snowstorm to find that we missed the wine reception by 10 minutes and were told we were out of luck. My husband asked where he could buy some wine and the girl said she had no idea. My husband booked a partial ocean view room on hotwire for my birthday and we were put in a room with no view...well a view of a concrete wall but definitely not even a sliver of ocean. I think we were given one of the only non-view rooms at the property. When my husband inquired the front desk argued with him and said our "expedia rate" was for a no-view room and that we could upgrade if we paid $30. (We booked on hotwire, whose customer service was unavailable upon calling that evening) Next time we book any kind of ocean view room (anywhere but the Seacrest I might add) we will take a screen shot of the page at the time of booking. I highly recommend doing this if you plan on staying at the SeaCrest hotel. We were also placed in a noisy area by the maintenance room with the door slamming all night long and yelling next door. Upon checkout my husband voiced his displeasure but the kid at the desk rolled his eyes and gave us a coupon for $30 off our next visit. Ha! Bottom line: For the price we paid we could have stayed at many other much nicer properties mid-week for the same price. Our room at the LEGOLAND hotel had a better ocean view.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There are a lot of things that we loved about the place! It's by the beach with amazing view of the ocean and waves crashing by the rock. They have outdoor seating area with fire place. Free bottled water in rooms (unlike other hotels that make you pay for it!), free wifi with no password hassle, free breakfast with heated outdoor seating, bike rental (single and tandem) by the hotel lobby. They even have wine/beer delivery to the rooms at no extra charge. The wines are from local wineries and you pay the same price as if you would pay at the winery! Very friendly people at the reception, gave good recommendation for places to eat. They also have a hot tub and a pool.Great experience!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Like everyone here says, the view of the beach is amazing!! We got a room view exactly as it was in the picture in this ad. Beach access is just a few steps away. Great way to de-stress at the patio if it wasn't for the cold wind. The complimentary breakfast was also not bad.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Maria, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Sea Crest in Pismo Beach has been a gathering place for our family for several years. We meet from all over California to celebrate my mother in law's birthday. It is exciting to see all the upgrades and renovations each year. LOVED the new outdoor BBQ and beautiful firepit, which was perfect to gather and share conversation. Complimentary breakfast was great! From young children to seniors, access everywhere is safe and easy. Great access to beach as well as several Central Coast Wineries. Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Really like the poolside rooms.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family loves this place! We go every year for my mom's birthday. You cannot beat the location and views - beautiful! The property is all updated and super clean and nice! I love the family suites for my family of 5. They have a large grass area the kids all run around and play soccer on while the adults enjoy cocktails on one of the awesome patios (or roof top deck) with fire pits, comfy couches and chairs and of course, ocean views. There are also stairs that take you right to the sand. We host a big party for my mom right on the property and utilize the brand new BBQ pits and built in bar. Also, appreciate the complimentary breakfast. My kids always use the pool and there are 3 jacuzzis.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Hemet, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a Thanksgiving trip. Best Thanksgiving. My husband and I loved our room and so did my adult daughter. It was the best view from each direction, overlooking the ocean, pool, jacuzzi area and cliffs as well. If you are healthy enough, it's a great walk down the steps to the beach below. Actually we walked 1 mile to the Pier the next morning on the beach. Super great! The service was exceptionally accommodating and friendly. The only thing that could use an upgrade that would have made my stay better, is the mattress. It was decent, but I'm a big baby and love the great mattresses that I've experienced in other hotels. The only other thing that irritated me was the noise level in the pool area very later at night and extremely early in the morning. The sound carries up. We were in the main front facing wing so that may have something to do with it. I was just enjoying the sound of the ocean crashing on the beach when loud laughter and screams would disrupt me. But, not saying it would keep me away, once you close the slider doors, it's pretty quiet.

Room Tip: The main wing faces frontward towards the ocean. From your very decent size deck, you can see a good...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel? Share your experiences!