“Beautiful Ocean View Rooms and Dog Friendly Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Announcement
New Renovations Complete!
Ranked #11 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
“Beautiful Ocean View Rooms and Dog Friendly Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stay here for my business trips to Santa Maria so I always make sure to mix business with pleasure. I love staying at Seacrest! I always have the best ocean view room here and I love that it's so close to the beach so I can always get my morning run and night run along the beach.
Sometimes I bring my family to Pismo with me and they prefer to stay at Pismo Lighthouse suite since it's much more spacious. The rooms at Seacrest Resort is definitely smaller than Pismo Lighthouse Suite but the Seacrest Resort is closer to the beach, and the rooms are much more modern (and cleaner) than Pismo Lighthouse so I always prefer to stay here. Also if you bring your dog they have a huge lawn in front of your dog friendly suite and they even provide a bed and dog bowls.

Some cons: They don't have a gym in the resort...but again you're right next to the beach so you can take your workout to the beach! Their breakfast is just okay but you do have the option to go across the parking lot to Marie Callender's and hello it's FREE Breakfast!

The staff is always friendly and they provide freshly baked yummy cookies for the guests at night! They always try to accomodate you the best way they can. The property is so beautiful, its always a great getaway! Overall, it's always a great experience at Seacrest and I've never been disappointed! Love it here!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Ocean Front Rooms have THE BEST views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Gigidoodle, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate the comparison that we are more modern and cleaner. We are pet-friendly with a nice lawn and direct beach access. I am glad you and your furry friend enjoyed this. We hope your journeys will find their way to us again.

993 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My last visit was the best.Victor Ortiz helped us and was so nice and helpful.made it easy for my family best customer sevice skills..the best customer is a happy one the seacrest made my vacation so wonderful.from the clean room heated pool 3 hot tubs.friendly staff even the maids.I will always come here. Also will tell all my friends and family that they have to stay here

• Stayed April 2013
Dear BigB8299, Thank you so much for for your nice comments about our hotel and our staff. I truly appreciate your singling out Victor. He genuinely cares about our guests. I have forwarded your review to not only Victor but our staff. We hope to see you again.
Norco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Taking my first solo trip ever going up the 1 and 101 to see my family and this was the first stop. The photos well represented the incredible view and the room was lovely and spotlessly clean. The front desk was extremely cordial, and while I arrived an hour before check-in time they took my cell phone number and buzzed me on the beach when my room was ready. This would be a great place for a family vacation - there were kids playing everywhere. My only complaint is that the hotel is situated so that the rooms surround the pool and volleyball courts and the kids were LOUD. Once they died down - there were some young adults getting drunk in the jacuzzi and they were LOUD until 11:00. To the hotels credit, they shooed them out right at 11:00 and then I could finally hear the ocean and get some sleep!

Room Tip: Deluxe ocean view room delivered!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Islandaway, Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. You are right, the hotel does make for a great family vacation. With a large pool, three spas, direct beach access and a large lawn to play on, the hotel is very good for families. Please come back and see us.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel was incredible. I'll try to keep this review as simple as possible, because I could get a little carried away with how pleasant my experience was.

I stayed in the Deluxe Ocean Front King, and I HIGHLY recommend it. Seriously; if you can afford it, go for it.

Pros to the room:
-There's a little napping nook by the window. It has panoramic views of the ocean, and is very comfortable to snuggle up in with a partner :)
-Complimentary popcorn and water, replenished daily
-Two great plushy robes in which to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the brilliant views after a nice shower
-THE BALCONY. Crazy beautiful view, and you can watch the sun set right over the hills to the sound of the crashing ocean waves

..I told you I'd get a little carried away.

Cons to the room:
-My room was directly under the rooftop terrace, so it was slightly noisy, but only for like an hour or so. The noise stopped promptly at 10pm when the terrace closes, so that was pretty great.
-The shower isn't huge, but it doesn't even matter because it has massaging jets, and if you've never showered with massaging jets, you need to.
-I literally can't think of anything else that was wrong with the room.

Pros to grounds/amenities:
-Heated pool and hot tub was super nice.
-There are fresh-baked cookies in the lobby
-Stairs lead down directly to the beach
-Staff is very friendly and helpful. The wait staff at the continental breakfast was super diligent to create a nice dining experience. They were constantly neatening up and smiling, and were just a pleasure to be around.
-Rooftop terrace and fire pits were an added plus
-The location is prime: perfect proximity to the beach, walking distance from some of the best dining in Pismo, and shares a parking lot with Marie Callender's.

Cons to grounds/amenities:
-It'd be awesome if the use of the bicycles was free, but I understand that may not be a fair request.
-No real hot food at the continental breakfast but I actually thought the breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel. There was toast, bagels, pastries, scones, waffles, muffins, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, and grapefruits). So I guess there actually was some hot food, because you could toast anything.. Whatever. I thought it was good, but I know some people gripe when their complimentary breakfast isn't 5 star..

Overall, I had a wonderful stay. We actually spent more time in the room than I anticipated, because things were so nice. We were super comfortable and slept with the balcony door wide open. There really is nothing like waking up to the sound of the ocean.

This place is seriously great. If you can stay here, you really, really should. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to snag the Deluxe OceanFront King room. Brilliant views and amazingly comfortable. Also has a d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelly R, Thank you for your well thought out review. I appreciate the pros and cons you outlined in your review. Very good for those wishing to learn more about a hotel. We hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future.
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband, the boys (ages 6 & 7) stayed here for the weekend. We had an oceanfront room booked, but at the last minute, needed to bring our boxer along. She is 7 years old and has never been in hotel/vacationed with us. Fortunately, the hotel allows dogs and made a room change for us at the last minute. The room looked rather "warn." Many stains and wear on the carpet, the room smelled of urine and "dog" which may be expected by some who travel with their dog, but our home does not smell like this so it was quite noticeable and unpleasant. I am sure the "non-pet" rooms are cleaner, or not? The heated pool and hot tubs were nice and the proximity to the ocean was wonderful. The family friendly and dog friendly atmosphere made the property seem relaxed and welcoming. We especially enjoyed the fire pits in the evening after coming out of the pool. We just did not stay in the room too much... Just to sleep. We will stay here again, and hopefully have a cleaner, odorless room.

Room Tip: Not sure... Don't bring your dog? Request ocean view..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rhonda H, Thank you for your recent review our hotel. I am glad you brought your dog with you. We are almost finished replacing carpet in every guestroom in the hotel. At the time you were staying, we unfortunately had not replaced your carpet. We would like for you to experience the hotel again with these improvements.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I need somewhere to "get away" to in order to sort out some things. Not only was this the perfect place to do that, it allowed me to come out with new positive views on my life. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was super comfortable; I slept like a log! The view was spectacular, the complimentary breakfast was a hit, plenty of parking, close to downtown Pismo, the pool was inviting, and the staff welcoming and as good as it gets. This will not be my last visit to the SeaCrest. I look at it as a place where I got my life back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Giftfixx, What a great review. I am glad we were able to help provide some positive views on life. It is amazing how a place can impact your outlook on life. Please come back again. Take care.
devon uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Large comfortable room. Wonderful view. Very near the beach. Complimentary breakfast. Didn't use the pool but it looked good. Stayed here for one night after a 3000 mile tour and thought it was beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel? Share your experiences!