The SeaCrest is a fine hotel with ample parking, tasteful and clean rooms, nice balconies, gorgeous grounds, and good service. The various seating areas and pools are clean, well-maintained, and quite beautiful.
What's not so great are the other guests (which, unfortunately, is out of the hands of the staff). Our first indication that something might be amiss was the fact that every man, woman, and child checking in to the rooms was carrying up copious amounts of alcohol. And I mean everyone.
Our second clue came as we visited the beach, which is a quick trip down the SeaCrest's private stairs. The beach was crowded, and many folks found themselves waist-deep in the water wearing jeans and shirts, re-enacting pro-wrestling's greatest moves in the most colorful of language. Am I a snob? No. I have two toddler boys who don't need this kind of encouragement. Just as we left the beach, emergency personnel showed up to rescue someone from the water. Good, fast response if I say so myself.
Now, the SeaCrest is within walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops, however, parents of small children should be warned that you must cross a difficult intersection where the 101 lets out, all without a painted crosswalk. The drivers looked as worried and confused as we did, so bring your stroller.
Bedtime was a cinch with the comfortable beds and cool, fresh linens, but we found ourselves being awoken by what sounded like competing room parties. The SeaCrest guest services directory states that "quiet hours" are from 11pm to 8am. These revelers were likely not aware of this policy, as the whooping, cheering, glass-clanking, and kids yelling continued on past two in the morning.
Again, not the SeaCrest's fault (probably my own, due to my expectations of Pismo). I must add that our experience was also soured by my kids and husband coming down with a stomach flu that night. We left after just one night (we had reserved two nights), and to my pleasant surprise, the staff only charged us for one night without a cancellation penalty.
- Also Known As:
- Seacrest Hotel Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Resort Motel
- Sea Crest Pismo Beach
- Seacrest Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Motel Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Sea Crest
- Sea Crest Resort Pismo Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a 5-acre oceanfront bluff top our iconic hotel features direct access to the beach, outdoor heated pool and three hot-tubs. All retro-modern rooms have latest the amenities and technology, including Free WiFi, iPod docking stations, flat-panel HDTVs with DirecTV,complimentary Continental Breakfast and 7,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event space including our roof top terrace with spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.