“Not The Ritz but I can highly recommend it!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2241 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Central Coast, Ca
“Not The Ritz but I can highly recommend it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I am a local (live about 20 minutes away) who desperately needed a couple of days to myself. I chose The Seacrest Hotel in early November, mid-week. I had a king oceanfront room in the main building, top/2nd floor overlooking the pool & whirlpools. I thoroughly enjoyed my clean/comfortable room, balcony, frig, microwave, the whirlpools, direct beach access, the light continental breakfast, coffee in the lobby 24 hrs. per day, the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon, the very friendly and helpful staff and the great location close to downtown Pismo where I often picked up meals to bring back to the hotel. I did not care to be away from the hotel for long as being ON the ocean and R&R is what I came to enjoy and not sightseeing. There was a minor glitch that occurred when checking out but it was promptly corrected. Will return when needed again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Coast Foodie, Thank you for choosing us for your "staycation". As a local, we are fortunate to live in a place that is beautiful that many travel from distances to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed recently for 3 nights and were impressed. It wasn't expensive and for what we paid we got a nicely sized room, a spotless comfortable bed and the best shower room I have found in the US. Seemed to have been a bathroom conversion but it was very well done, big shower with ample hot water. The free breakfast was pretty good with no limit on what you took. They also had frequent free coffee which isn't something I've come across in the UK. We were able to take our breakfast back to our room and sit on the balcony overlooking the pool and the sea beyond. Room prices varied depending on the night.

Would go back but wasn't desperately impressed with Pismo itself.

Room Tip: We were on the upper level, in the middle without being too near the breakfast place. As good as it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TopCat2011, Thank you for you recent review of our hotel. We do have nice rooms with wonderful showers. Next time you are through this area, there are great towns to explore that are very close by. We hope your journeys find you here again.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great place to stay. This was our first time to pismo beach. Wow what a find. Reasonably priced and on the water. The staff was very nice and helpful. We loved the outdoor fire pit, jacuzzi and beach access.

A great place for families. Glad they served breakfast and the coffee wasn't bad.

Room Tip: If you have the money request a full ocean front room. If not request one with more of an ocean view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lancashire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I expected more but on arriving it was apparent this is a tarted up motel only 100yds from a main noisy road. That said the check in was nice and easy, those staff were great and our room was actually well laid out, clean and had a good view of the pool, beach and sea. Good outside communal areas with heating gave a good feel in the evenings and again the staff were great. Where it fails is on amenities in the room like no drinking glasses and no bar etc. It also fails badly at breakfast which is a real 'every man for themselves' battle. The road noise wasnt a major problem but better sound proofing round the doors would reduce it. There are also no real places to walk to as Pismo is not the greatest place to stay and walk round.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear GraemeLancashire,

Thank you for recent review of our hotel. I appreciate the comments and feedback. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our staff and cleanliness of our facility. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience at our hotel. This includes adding drinking glasses. We do serve beer and wine to the rooms with our Thirst Aid program and we are very close within walking distance to Ventana Bar & Grill with great ocean views. Of course the best walking is on the beach at sunset.
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I searched everywhere to get a hotel by the ocean with a pool for my daughter and I. My daughter has been ill for three years and is finally getting better, and I needed a rest. Just a couple of days before we were to leave, the hotel informs me that the pool will be closed from the day we arrive till the day we leave...6 days later!! My daughter wanted to swim, and I wanted her to get fresh air and exercise while I took it easy. They offered us a health club nearby and the next door pool but we had our dog with us. I tried to get another hotel but they were either booked or too expensive close to the date. We went onto the patio the next morning for breakfast and workers were using a machine with a generator which made it impossible to even have conversation! The hotel told me that I would have a discount when I came to pay the bill but when I got home (I was too tired when I got it) I saw that they had neglected to do so, The pet rooms were in the basement and were very dark and depressing, not like the lovely bright room you see on their website. I loved the location, the staff were friendly, I could see how it could be nice, but that was not my experience when I really wish it had been.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travelers951,

Thank you for staying with us. I am very sorry our pool was not available during your stay. As mentioned, we were re-surfacing the pool deck and unfortunately this was the only time we could do this. I certainly apologize for the noise and the inconvenience. Please contact me personally about your billing at jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com. I hope you will consider us again in the future.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Old motel refurbished. Basic facilities but clean, tidy, well run. Nothing flash but for a 1 night motel stop on the coast between la and san Fran it's fine.
The town of pismo is pretty small. Not much reason to stop more than a night here.
It's fine for the price

• Stayed September 2012
Santa Maria, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I cannot say enough about this property. We recently stayed for our second annual family weekend. The rooms are very clean and nice. The children enjoyed the pools and the beach as well as lots of grass to run and play on. We enjoyed meeting for breakfast on the heated patio. Between the roof top patio, BBq pits and yummy nearby restaurants, there lots of options for dinner. Wine tasting & beaches rounded out our weekend. Between our family we had 5 rooms and we were all very pleased. My favorite thing about the SeaCrest is the service! Everyone is extremely friendly and eager to please. I have no doubt that we'll be returning again next year!

Room Tip: Pool front is nice because you can go out your back slider to the pool, beach, or breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel? Share your experiences!