“Good Location, Kind of Low Budg” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2241 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, CA
“Good Location, Kind of Low Budg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We arrived expecting more than we got. The views are of the ocean although at a distance, past the grounds and pool, but still nice. Guess "OceanFront" in the name raised my hopes too high.

Unfortunately this hotel has an overall cheapness to it, more like a 2-star at best. Inexpensive fixtures and building materials; a single, thin, nappy polyester blanket on the bed; and unpleasant, excessively-bright flourescent lighting in the bathroom. Speaking of overly bright, the lack of curtains on the shuttered sliding glass doors made sleeping in very diificult.

Finally, a young man who identified himself as a manager -- Matt -- was argumentative and when I (politely and respectfully) disgreed with him he walked away from me without so much as a wave goodbye. Yikes.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2011
Dear SDAdventurers

On behalf of the management and staff of the SeaCrest Oceanfront Hotel, I wish to express our concern and disappointment that your recent stay with us was less than a completely enjoyable experience. Matt, the Guest Services Manager when you and your companion checked in, remembers you well. Matt certainly did not intend to be unresponsive to your needs, but since you and your companion, in your discussion with the Front Office staff person on duty, seemed agreed upon opting for an upgrade to the ocean view room, Matt simply bowed out of the remainder of the check-in process.

We are also sorry if you felt misled by the semantics issue between "oceanfront" and "ocean view". Hotels whose structure and property "front the ocean" are in fact "oceanfront hotels", however the vast majority of them anywhere in the world have rooms with a full ocean view, rooms with a partial ocean view, and in some cases, rooms with limited or no ocean views from the room interiors themselves. Each such establishment prices its rooms accordingly, higher room rates for the full ocean view, of course.

Furnishings and decor are of course always a matter of personal taste and expectations. The SeaCrest receives high marks from many, many of our guests, for its chic retro style. But as they say, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Please visit again and allow us the opportunity to provide you with a memorable Central Coast of California vacation.

Roger Corwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I went there on business, and my first thought was that I wished I planned some extra time for relaxing and enjoying the time away! The beach is absolutely gorgeous and the hotel very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My family had two rooms at the Seacrest this week. We opted for the cheapest, non-view rooms at $89. Yet we discovered that our balconies overlooked the beach. It wasn't a direct view like the most expensive rooms, but we could sit on our balconies and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Pacific. Rooms looked great, the upgrade was done well. Only downside was that our Keurig coffeemaker didn't work. Will return here again!

• Stayed March 2011
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was my second stay at Seacrest and I have stayed at a couple of other hotels north of here in Shell Beach. This is a great value for families, but is not a "resort" by any means. I will stay here with a friend or my husband for a night or two on our way to Paso or Big Sur and it is adequate. My first stay in February was good, but this one not so good. Without going into great detail, I was assigned a sub-par room with carpet stains, odor,etc...
I had originally posted a very poor, detailed review and was contacted by the hotel on another matter and I explained to them why I would not be a repeat guest. She apologized profusely, looked into the facts of the matter and contacted me again to make it right. Because of this and to be fair, I removed my post and am submitting this one. As far as the customer service aspect goes in this instance, she went above and beyond to make it up to me and made me feel like a valued guest when all was said and done. I give them 5/5 for customer service and guest retention efforts.
The bottom line in my opinion is that this place is geared toward families and there are lots of them here. As a result, the rooms take a lot of abuse and should be monitored as far as quality control more often. It is still a good value when you consider the location, continental breakfast and coffee when you have several people in your group. They have an excellent pool area, common areas, and several spas.
I would recommend paying more for a ocean front room on a higher floor if you want privacy and less noise.
Thank you to Seacrest for valuing my comments. I will be back for another visit this summer and hopefully will have another positive experience.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

This a very beautiful hotel. We stayed in an ocean view room and was beyond satisfied. The room was very clean and we loved the contemporary decor. The hotel ground was picture perfect . The hotel patio was my favorite place to unwind with a glass of wine while listening to the ocean. We also love the simple yet delicious breakfast .
We are planning a second trip next month.

Biddeford, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Beautiful, clean, peaceful. Modern and clean. The views are spectacular and the hot tub and spa-perfect. The breakfast is small and simple, but sufficient for most.
Will pick an ocean view room the next time we stay!

• Stayed March 2011
Platte City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

My husband and I spent this last weekend there on our babymoon. We weren't able to get an ocean view room, but we hadn't planned on staying in the room much anyway. The hotel ground are beautiful and there is a path right to the beach. The room was very modern and clean. The bed was big and comfortable. There was a Keurig coffee maker with yummy coffee, a little fridge and a microwave. Breakfast was oatmeal, boiled eggs, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit and cereal. Enough to fill me up. Marie Callenders was also right next door. We had dinner there our first night were blown away by how fresh and delicious the food was. Desert was the best!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel? Share your experiences!